SOMA: From the creators of Amnesia The Dark Decent.

Yeah, I didn't know about this game until this morning. I'm pretty interested, but I've got a backlog of games still.

Is this one of those no weapon games, all stealth horror and stuff?

I've still yet to play one of those types of games. I keep meaning to get Alien but just never got around to it.

I've still yet to play one of those types of games. I keep meaning to get Alien but just never got around to it.

Do it. Just do it. It's an awesome game.

I've been watching a few minutes of this on twitch and it looks pretty interesting. If I have the time I'll get it this weekend maybe.

Frictional's Penumbra series basically started that subgenre of "stalker escape." The Black Plague is a masterpiece. Amnesia is good, but the respawning system for the enemies is broken (at least in the mac version which is what I played), They don't respawn like they are supposed to when you get caught, the monsters just go away. Penumbra and Soma don't have this issue.

Do it. Just do it. It's an awesome game.

I'm thinking I might just go ahead and do it. Looks like it's super cheap, and the season pass is half off on Xbox One right now.

Alien Isolation isn't totally one of this sort of game as it does have guns and regular enemies to deal with, but it is a fantastic game.

I think most of the season pass is just timed challenge levels or something like that. Just FYI.

Yeah, I did know that actually. I went ahead and go the game while I was out and played through the first three chapters. Seems pretty good, really faithful to the feel and tone of the first film for sure. Even have the super advanced VHS quality viewing screens and all. Even managed to get a copy that still had the original film cast stuff, so that was cool. Not played through it though.

I am downloading this on Steam right now. Will be about an hour more though so probably won't have time to play it today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I finished this game today and it was really really good. The story was great and it was plenty scary at times.

I finished this game today and it was really really good. The story was great and it was plenty scary at times.

Glad to hear it, I'm a huge fan of Frictional but I havent been able to get it due to lack of funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"