The Dark Knight The Non-Spoiler Critic Review Thread

Advisory: Some of the special effects are disgusting and disturbing enough to justify something more severe than the PG-13 rating. This movie is certainly not for children, nor for anyone who's afraid of clowns.

Too bad there isn't something between PG13 and R. In Canada, it's 14A, so if you're under 14 you don't get in without a parent.

I love that this movie, which apparently is violent enough to earn an R rating is PG-13 while movies like Once (which says the F word a bunch but otherwise is the tamest movie I've seen) get R ratings. The system really needs to be re-evaluated.

I snagged some tickets to see this tonight at midnight. I read some of the local reviews this morning, and found myself having to dodge numerous spoilers. I'm basically astonished to see such universal, glowing praise for this movie. I doubted Batman Begins at first, but I was extremely satisfied with how well it turned out, and how it was received. My eyes welled with tears of joy while watching Iron Man. Now I wonder how this movie will affect me?

Ok... the Spill Crew is the best review ever.

Damn you guys. When the guy first mentioned you a couple pages back I ended up watching your reviews until the wee hours of the morning and was cranky as hell at work the next day. Funny sons of b****es.

Ok... the Spill Crew is the best review ever.

Damn you guys. When the guy first mentioned you a couple pages back I ended up watching your reviews until the wee hours of the morning and was cranky as hell at work the next day. Funny sons of b****es.

Man, you're awesome. Thanks so much. Sorry about the lost sleep. Meh..not really :cwink:

-TSC

^ Fun to listen to your guys' reviews - especially the unedited audio :hehe:

gonnafall.jpg

"I'm gonna - I'm gonna fall! Somebody catch me, I'm gonna fall!" :funny:

Ha, yeah people really dig the unedited audio stuff; which is awesome but totally unexpected since they can be long. We also do an end-of-week Movie roundup podcast on Monday's called "A Couple of Cold Ones" (Carlyle and Korey drink a six pack and talk about the week in movies) that are an hour-long; totally free form and again, people really dig that too! Just goes to show you that you never know what people are gonna like and you shouldn't underestimate them :)

^ Fun to listen to your guys' reviews - especially the unedited audio :hehe:

gonnafall.jpg

"I'm gonna - I'm gonna fall! Somebody catch me, I'm gonna fall!" :funny:

I love this line from Christy Lemire of the AP:
This woman may have given TDK a good review but she sure was criticizing TDK pretty bad on Dailies today. I'll never forget when she said that this summer was going to be the summer of Indy and Shia. :lmao:

Though he's not really a critic, Grant Morrison has a great review for "The Dark Knight" up on his official site. Apparently he went to a preview screening with the Beckham family, which in itself is pretty surreal...

I have no further needs for any critics opinion on the film, after 3 viewings Im sold on it, my signature says it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"