The Dark Knight The Non-Spoiler Critic Review Thread

Yeah I hope they add 30 to 40 minutes more to the Blu-Ray release. :cwink:

Oh hell yeah. However, since I don't have Blu-ray :-)(), standard will do for me! :) I'd have the world's biggest geekgasm if they added 30-40 minutes. You have NO idea how I'd geek!

I'm already scared that tomorrow, during the movie I'm going to scream "hell yeah" or something totally random at some point during the movie.

Oh hell yeah. However, since I don't have Blu-ray :-)(), standard will do for me! :) I'd have the world's biggest geekgasm if they added 30-40 minutes. You have NO idea how I'd geek!

I'm already scared that tomorrow, during the movie I'm going to scream "hell yeah" or something totally random at some point during the movie.
I never thought I would scream during any movie, but to my surprise for the Joker flip card scene in BB I yelled like a girl and loud. :o :woot:

There's a warning on the bottom of the San Fransisco Chronicle:

Advisory: Some of the special effects are disgusting and disturbing enough to justify something more severe than the PG-13 rating. This movie is certainly not for children, nor for anyone who's afraid of clowns.

amazing. :wow:

hahah i know i meant like "2 legit 2 quit" legit. but also ebert is like a hardcore batman fan so it makes it even better knowing that a highly respected pulitzer prize winning critic can get giddy over a flick like this.

It's actually my first time posting here, but I wanted to point these out:

AfterElton.com: http://www.afterelton.com/movies/2008/7/darkknight

^ early on the article warns about spoilers when it gets to its 3rd page

I wonder if anyone happened to notice this; David Edelstein wrote on his blog (from New York Magazine) about the response to his negative review:

http://nymag.com/daily/movies/2008/07/why_youre_still_wrong_about_th.html

^ skimmed through this because I still think he's a *****ebag (and cautious if they're spoilers in the post)

All I can say is these positive reviews are intense, spectacular and exhilarating! It's come to the point where I don't care how many more negative reviews come out. Seems to me all the critics I respect LOVE the film!

Edelstein's blog is a lot more interesting to me than his review is for the simple reason that it says a lot about the reaction to the negative reviews that I've wanted to say. There are some (such as the man who says Batman should be more fun) which are easily discredited, but from what I've read, most of the reviews that gave the film a bad rap are from critics who have legitimate perspectives on film and art that simply do not fit with The Dark Knight. Do our views align with theirs? Hardly, but it doesn't make them "*****ebags."

Edelstein's defense is reasonable. Anyone who wrote him with those names should get a life. It's just a movie review, life goes on. Good lord, I've had my fair share of dissenting opinions on popular films.

I want to see The Dark Knight, badly. I hope it's great. But to flame a guy who has seen the movie when you have yet to see it? That's moronic.

Why is everyone so mad at these reviews? How could you not see this coming, some people just don't like dark superhero movies, some don't like long movies, and some just don't like mainstream movies. As monk said, life goes on.

There is already first finnish review. It didn't gave any stars, but it was very positive. It praised the usual things; Ledger, seriousness, length...

Why is everyone so mad at these reviews? How could you not see this coming, some people just don't like dark superhero movies, some don't like long movies, and some just don't like mainstream movies. As monk said, life goes on.

well put. reviews are opinions, everyone has different ones, to expect everyone to unanimously love a film is ridiculous. i mean, isnt the fact that its getting oscar hype enough? who would have ever saw that coming?

That Roger Ebert Review Has Spoilers In It. Thanks Alot, People Are Here For A Reason. They Want No Spoilers. This Is The Non Spoiler Critic Review Thread In The Non Spoiler Area For The Dark Knight.

I never thought I would scream during any movie, but to my surprise for the Joker flip card scene in BB I yelled like a girl and loud. :o :woot:

I stood up my first showing of BB and clapped during that part lol.

^there was a warning underneath the like, you know.

Yes, there was but it say's minor spoiler that everyone knows and there are things in it that people avoiding spoilers wouldn't know. Just saying that it prob shouldn't be worded like that.

Yes, there was but it say's minor spoiler that everyone knows and there are things in it that people avoiding spoilers wouldn't know. Just saying that it prob shouldn't be worded like that.

Honestly it's probably better just to avoid reviews (that's what I'm doing). If you want the general idea of the review look on the little blurb that RT gives you. But be careful on that site near the message boards I'm sure people have posted spoilers for everyone to see there.

I agree bout the reviews. It's just so tempting. I am weak, I know. Sorry.

Haven't gone near RT for the last few days for fear of anything.

I'm gonna squeal like a girl when the chase is on and the truck flips!!! lol. Everyone is gonna be like "Shut up you crazied fanboy!" lol. It's gonna be a joyride with 300 people. I dunno why but at midnight showings it's more fun, the people actually laugh or scream while the movie is going! They're more alive. And I know I'm not going to be the only person yelling at this movie... ;)

There's a warning on the bottom of the San Fransisco Chronicle:

Advisory: Some of the special effects are disgusting and disturbing enough to justify something more severe than the PG-13 rating. This movie is certainly not for children, nor for anyone who's afraid of clowns.

amazing. :wow:

I'm hoping there's not a parental backlash. I was in the grocery store yesterday and heard this little kid saying, "Batman cereal! Batman cereal!" I turned and looked and the girl was maybe seven or so. I had a real impulse to say something to the mom about the rating, but then I figured it was none of my business. But I really hope parents heed the rating and at least screen it before taking children.

San Jose Mercury News: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Nothing spoilerish unless you don't know there's a scene involving a hospital.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_9906105?nclick_check=1

Mercury News said:
"The Dark Knight" is dark, all right: It's a luxurious nightmare disguised in a superhero costume, and it's proof that popcorn entertainments don't have to talk down to their audiences in order to satisfy them. The bar for comic-book film adaptations has been permanently raised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"