SOMA - New Sci-Fi Horror Game coming to PS4/PC in 2015

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
10201628834b42448a157ojpg-88419a.jpg

Today, Sony and developer Frictional Games revealed that a new horror game – SOMA – is coming to PlayStation 4. It will be released in 2015. The game will also come to PC at that time.

“For the last three years, we have been working on a game called SOMA,” Frictional Games’ Creative Director Thomas Grip explained. “All that time, this project has remained a secret – it’s a great relief to finally be able to talk about it. This game is by far the most ambitious and thrilling project we have ever undertaken.” The studio’s previous title was Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which launched on PC in 2010.

In short, SOMA is a first-person “sci-fi horror game” about “a normal, very exposed person trapped in a nightmarish world.” The trailer above should explain more about what you can expect when you play. We also have a few screenshots for you to take a look at.

We’ll no doubt have much, much more on SOMA in between now and its release in a couple of years.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/11/sci-fi-horror-game-soma-coming-to-playstation-4

never heard of this developer but their last game got ~85 on Metacritic so Im guessing they are good

If its anything remotely like Amnesia, ill pass with a vengeance. Some of the setting looks super cool though. Very Alien'esqe

If its anything remotely like Amnesia, ill pass with a vengeance. Some of the setting looks super cool though. Very Alien'esqe

Which one did you play? There apparently were two Amnesias by different developers. The firsts made by these guys apparently was really good. The second more recent one however was not

Which one did you play? There apparently were two Amnesias by different developers. The firsts made by these guys apparently was really good. The second more recent one however was not

I honestly couldn't tell you. I only spent 10, maybe 15 min with it at a friends place. I just hate the premise behind whatever it was i played. All you do is run away from monsters. Run and hide. Thats not fun to me. I thought the atmosphere was super creepy, but again, i dont like the idea of running away all the time. I want options.

New trailer:

[YT]DU-qEaG98Lc[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"