World Some questions about Superman II

SFII

Civilian
Reaction score
i've always wondered, if Zod and his 2 friends had the exact powers as Superman, then how come they were able point there fingers and it would shoot out some beam? they used this on some of the rednecks, as well as on Superman at the very end in the Fortress of Solitude.
and what the hell was that super power that they all did where they'd disappear and re-appear again? and even Superman did the whole 4 way split hologram? lol he said "i was never really good at this as a kid". what was that power?
and also, Superman ripped this thing off his "S" logo and threw it at Non like some kind of Super-net.
since when was he able to do these thing??

they were kinda cool tho.

Those were the "Lester Beams" they can destroy, raise people into the air, and even butter toast.:rolleyes: actually Richard Lester couldn't think of anything when his was filming the re-shoots of SMII so he just made up a bunch of powers. this trend would be continued throughout the next 2 movies (Especially 4)

The ripped off S logo i interpret as illusions of his fortress. thats why they disappear. 3 of the 4 supermen were holograms and he just moved at super speed. Since Zod and his followers were in the phantom zone, they picked up new abilities. These are just IMO.

*looks over at Richard Lester*

" ...... Well? ......"

I was only 5 when I saw S2 so I didn't care, it just looked cool.

sag002 said:
The ripped off S logo i interpret as illusions of his fortress. thats why they disappear. 3 of the 4 supermen were holograms and he just moved at super speed. Since Zod and his followers were in the phantom zone, they picked up new abilities. These are just IMO.

They were not all holograms........Watch when Non hit the other Superman. That Superman is stone or ice or something. Holograms can't do that. Notice all other Superman's were not physical.

Yet people didn't have a problem with the three villains being trapped in a glass album cover? Or any of the other things that were just as unrealistic?

It appears that Superman throwing the 'S' is, visually, something nearly everyone remembers about the film. I wouldn't exactly say that's a bad thing. After all, some of those Superman comics from the 50's/60's were FILLED with absurd (yet creative) things such as this.

The_Sandman said:
*looks over at Richard Lester*

" ...... Well? ......"

He told me he was in a hurry that day.

Check out my sig to learn about the "real" Superman II.

The way it was meant to be....

I'm surprised Lex Luthor didn't try to rule the world.Actually,since the 3 criminals are from the same planet as Superman,kryptonite would've weaked Zod and his followers as well.

elvislennon2005 said:
They were not all holograms........Watch when Non hit the other Superman. That Superman is stone or ice or something. Holograms can't do that. Notice all other Superman's were not physical.
no, they were all holograms. except for the one next to Zod... "wrong again, Zod!"
Non tried to grab Superman, and since it was a hologram, he crashed into the wall. lol

but yeah, when i was a kid i didn't care about how Superman or those villains could do those superpower things, but i enjoyed it a lot back then.
it wasn't til later as an adult where i was like "wait a second... where the hell did he/they get that power from??" :D

Superman II is so much fun, it's easy to over-look the crazy, unexplained new powers. And the climactic double-bluff (the classic molecule chamber switch:)) is so good that you can forgive the weirdness beforehand.

Kevin Roegele said:
Superman II is so much fun, it's easy to over-look the crazy, unexplained new powers. And the climactic double-bluff (the classic molecule chamber switch:)) is so good that you can forgive the weirdness beforehand.

It was probably the best Superman movie of the bunch in many ways.

SFII said:
no, they were all holograms. except for the one next to Zod... "wrong again, Zod!"
Non tried to grab Superman, and since it was a hologram, he crashed into the wall. lol

but yeah, when i was a kid i didn't care about how Superman or those villains could do those superpower things, but i enjoyed it a lot back then.
it wasn't til later as an adult where i was like "wait a second... where the hell did he/they get that power from??" :D

Watch it again, I just saw it and I see a foot and arm and part of his head. The true Superman was the one near Zod. That I agree but the one that Non was of stone or ice. Get on that clip and put it in slow motion. You will see that it is indeed either stone or ice.

There were some parts that stretched the myth beyond anything I was familar with.

EL :supes:
"You diseased maniac, I'll mold this box into your prison bars."

Kevin Roegele said:

Oh God, don't you love that double-bluff? :up:

"Don't go in there, General, it's a trap."

"Luthor you poisonous snake!"

:D
love it

Luthor: "That's a mocelule chamber, it turns people like you... into peole like me."

Zod: "You've done well Luthor."

Mr. Walters said:
You mean like rebuilding the Great Wall of China?
That was actually supposed to be Superman moving fast and rebuilding the wall himself. But Warner's gave Golum/Globus 40 mill to make Superman 4, and they spent most of that one other films (Master's of the Universe and a few others), and only spent 10 or 15 mill on Supes 4. So at that time, there was no money left and everyone was working on the film for free at that point, so they didn't have any money to put the animation of Superman streaking around rebuilding it, just the background plate of the wall going together. So they put that in and Reeve's reactions to the people on the wall after he rebuilt it was turned into the Great Wall of China rebuild vision. The special effects guys also had to shoot inserts. The shot of Clark putting the green Father crystal into his jacket at the Kent farm. They needed that shot, but didn't have money to rent a farm, so the effects guys drove around a farming comunity and looked for a farm that had a barn that the family living there wasnt home. they broke into the barn and got that shot. that is also not Reeve's hand, but one of the effects guys. That info was from an interview with the visual effects producer of the film.

buggs0268 said:
That was actually supposed to be Superman moving fast and rebuilding the wall himself. But Warner's gave Golum/Globus 40 mill to make Superman 4, and they spent most of that one other films (Master's of the Universe and a few others), and only spent 10 or 15 mill on Supes 4. So at that time, there was no money left and everyone was working on the film for free at that point, so they didn't have any money to put the animation of Superman streaking around rebuilding it, just the background plate of the wall going together. So they put that in and Reeve's reactions to the people on the wall after he rebuilt it was turned into the Great Wall of China rebuild vision. The special effects guys also had to shoot inserts. The shot of Clark putting the green Father crystal into his jacket at the Kent farm. They needed that shot, but didn't have money to rent a farm, so the effects guys drove around a farming comunity and looked for a farm that had a barn that the family living there wasnt home. they broke into the barn and got that shot. that is also not Reeve's hand, but one of the effects guys. That info was from an interview with the visual effects producer of the film.

If that's true, that's bloody terrible, particularly the breaking and entering part. If I didn't hate Golan Globus enough. W**kers. :mad:

spoarz_tm said:
If I didn't hate Golan Globus enough. W**kers. :mad:
Hey those guys gave us all those great Chuck Norris flicks, CHUCK FREAKIN' NORRIS!!

buggs0268 said:

If that's true, I'm stunned! :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"