Sony Announces Dualshock 3

Timmyboy... Lol, I've heard it before, and it was always from morons with nothing left to say.

I've clearly gotten to you. You keep coming at me, and keep sucking it up.

Don't ruin your "Reputation." Or whatever little is left of it.

Notice where the console is placed.

1st rule of running expensive electronics equipment that requires good ventilation = don't put it on a ****ing shagpile carpet you TARD (the 360 owner, not you Kal ;))

I'm willing to bet this may have been the cause of many other RRODs

Same guy... different pic

dsc031662bh2.jpg

:oldrazz:

I need to stick a picture up on my wall of the red ring of death just so every time I get pissed at my PS3 and I'm about to do bad things to it, I can look up and sooth myself.

That is until the PS3's BLUE BLIPS OF BURDEN show up on everyone's consoles. :(

I love it how whenever a Microsoft product comes up something "of Death" appears. Like the Blue Screen of Death for Windows and the Red Ring of Death for the Xbox 360.

And then they launched that computer network named "Skynet" and it went wrong and all the robots turned into "The robots of death."

Thank you John Connor.

I love it how whenever a Microsoft product comes up something "of Death" appears. Like the Blue Screen of Death for Windows and the Red Ring of Death for the Xbox 360.
the blue screen of death. Man I had quite a few problems with that earlier this year

Xbox 1 had a green screen of death.

Farmerfran never gives up trying to help tools. :o

Farmerfran should stop helping tools and help himself first. Oh, and I HATE the blue screen of death, damn you and your piles of money, Bill Gates. And I plan on getting a 360 in a couple years or so, maybe by then they'll have FINALLY fixed the system. I know in a year the PS3s game catalogue will look much better.

Apparently, no it does not.

First case of Xbox 360 65nm CPU / GPU (Falcon) RROD

It didn't take long, but the first reports of the new 65nm [COLOR=purple! important][COLOR=purple! important]CPU[/color][/color] / GPU (code named Falcon) overheating has just surfaced. Seen on the picture is a limited edition Xbox 360 Halo 3 edition. This system incorporates the rumored 65nm chipset.
dsc03163pc6.jpg

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=181986

You know you should have checked that out before you posted it. This is bull**** for one of several reasons.

1. Its been confirmed that not all Halo SE consoles are the new Falcon models.
2. There are ways you can fake the RROD. The simplest being just not completely plugging the AC connection into the system. I've done that unknowingly by accident and almost crapped my pants. This easily could have been faked. It could have been anyone who just wanted to stir things up.
3. The Falcon models are identified by their lot number and the date of manufacturing starting from the date of 8/24/07. You didn't post this other picture that was on that thread.

dsc03165rn1.jpg

The guy blacked out the barcode numbers and serial numbers, for good reason, but didn't black out the MFR date.

So either this is a complete fake RROD or not a Falcon model.

Through Neogaf is has come about that Sony has in fact developed their own new rumble tech based off the touchsense technology, while it still uses a dual motor. The best way to describe it is if Sony took the rumble tech and iterated upon it without using Immersions touchsense singular motor implementation. Well to be fair they never used immersions technology prior, either, but they were found guilty in court for infringing on the patents Immersion had.

So the controller can do things like directional rumble, etc, but it's Sony's own implementation, not Immersions.

To clarify, the relationship we have with Sony is that we provided them with a patent license, so they can develop technology and make improvements on their own and that would be covered under our patent portfolio – they have the rights to do that.

You know you should have checked that out before you posted it. This is bull**** for one of several reasons.

1. Its been confirmed that not all Halo SE consoles are the new Falcon models.
2. There are ways you can fake the RROD. The simplest being just not completely plugging the AC connection into the system. I've done that unknowingly by accident and almost crapped my pants. This easily could have been faked. It could have been anyone who just wanted to stir things up.
3. The Falcon models are identified by their lot number and the date of manufacturing starting from the date of 8/24/07. You didn't post this other picture that was on that thread.

dsc03165rn1.jpg

The guy blacked out the barcode numbers and serial numbers, for good reason, but didn't black out the MFR date.

So either this is a complete fake RROD or not a Falcon model.

I was not aware that MS made public the date they started implementing the Falcon. If you would be so kind, would you give a link to it. I would appreciate it.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824183p1.html

Even without that pic that person posted along with it, its easy to duplicate the RROD. Like I said, I did it by mistake. Chances are either the person who took the pic didn't know that not all of the Halo consoles were the Falcon model, or he is just trying to stir **** up because, well, its the internet.

It's still ******ed that the new chip doesn't even prevent RRODs. It's in there to save MS money, and they're not even passing it on to consumers so I don't know why the crap we should care about it. And it shouldn't matter if the Xbox is on the carpet or not, because the underside isn't where the vents are. When my friend brings his Xbox 360 over, we always have it on the floor, which while not as shaggy as that carpet still is a carpet none-the-less. A good product should fit itself to people's lifestyles, not require people to bend over backwards to accommodate its problems. The failure of the Falcon model is only further proof that MS has their heads in the sand about the whole freaking problem and has no intention of fixing it any time soon.

So "genius", how is following simple instructions in the manual, like placing the console in a well-ventilated space or don't move the console from horizontal to vertical or vice versa (just like with the PS2), is "bending over backwards to accommodate it's problems"

Now, if the person is about say, this size...

fat_guy.jpg

I could see how the simple act of bending over would be a problem

The thing is, that picture is bull**** anyway. Not the fat guy, thats hilarious.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824183p1.html

Even without that pic that person posted along with it, its easy to duplicate the RROD. Like I said, I did it by mistake. Chances are either the person who took the pic didn't know that not all of the Halo consoles were the Falcon model, or he is just trying to stir **** up because, well, its the internet.

Listen. I'm not trying to be a dick, but that really isn't the same as MS saying when they put the Falcon in. One guy opened his up and we assume that his is the benchmark? Does that make sense? And for the record if MS had released that date, I would never have posted the article.

Its a whole hell of a lot more credible than that thread you posted. Theres nothing remotely close in that pic you posted that you can say for sure proves that its a Falcon model. Does it make sense that you posted that and tried to pass it off as fact? No. We know for sure that not all Halo SE consoles are the Falcon models. Thats a fact. That already throws that picture into even more doubt. Do you know how easy it is to post a pic like that?

Relax dude. I posted an article that has been posted in several other sites. I said "apparently, no it does not". Not absolutly, no it does not. You can not say one way or the other that it does not have the Falcon. Can you? No. From things that I have been reading the RROD is most likely attributed to the GPU overheating not the CPU. So the Falcon might not even be the fix. A larger heatsink, yes, which is what they are doing.
If you look back at my past posts, I try to refrain from bashing MS and the 360, so back off with trying to make me sound like I am intentionally posting eronious things. Bottom line I ,agree that we can not tell if it has or does not have the Falcon or new heatsink. I personally did know of the other ways it could make it appear to have the RROD. Lets wait and see if any others pop up.

On a side note. I have alot of respect for you dude. I hope that we can just drop the whole thing and move on. Peace.

Its cool. I'm not mad, I was just kinda confused as to how you bought into that picture as easily as you seemed to.

Its cool. I'm not mad, I was just kinda confused as to how you bought into that picture as easily as you seemed to.
Yeah like I said, it was posted in a few other sites and my knowledge of the RROD is apparently not that broad. Learn something new everyday.

WTF!?!?!?!?!:huh:
If only The Lizard and FarmerFran could just end arguements like this, instead of turning the thread into a fanboy war. Props.:woot:

Old thread but...

I just got one of the DualShock3 controllers and the difference is heavenly... the extra weight just gives a nice feeling instead of cheap plastic

Got it for £20 on eBay :D

100_0955.jpg

100_0958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"