South Park to rip on Family Guy tomorrow night (04/05/06)

It seems that since South Park has kind of wadged war on family guy, that everyone wants to choose sides. kind of funny. both are good.

yes but I'm taking you not acknowlaging him stealing jokes as a sign of agreement... Therefore Family Guy sucks for stealing the cardnal rule of Comedy. Never ever ever steal... Off subject but that's why Carlos Mencia is the most hated Comedian around, he's not eveen really mexican... Sorry I cant stand joke stealing ****-*****... back to South Park

SpiderHulkThing said:
It seems that since South Park has kind of wadged war on family guy, that everyone wants to choose sides. kind of funny. both are good.

Family guy has a lot of funny parts but it's not a good. Without the flashbacks it would be extremley mediocre... oh waiit the last 2 sasons have been ENTIRLEY mediocre

The Ghoul said:
Family guy has a lot of funny parts but it's not a good. Without the flashbacks it would be extremley mediocre... oh waiit the last 2 sasons have been ENTIRLEY mediocre

Agreed. The new season sucks. I hate it when they break into song and make it last too damn long. I liked the old stuff. But the new SP episode really nailed Family Guy.

Since when does Mexico have a monopoly on being "Hispanic" or "Latino"?

In regard to stealing, I looked up the article on Wikipedia about "Critcism of Family Guy" and it said...

In "Missionary: Impossible," a pledge drive is held by the Fox Network to raise money. As she stands in front of a television displaying the Family Guy logo, celebrity telethon participant Betty White says: "So, if you don't want to see crude, low-brow programming disappear from the airwaves, please, call now." (Interestingly, the main premise of that episode---Homer becoming a missionary to South Pacific islanders---is similar to a later Family Guy episode, "Jungle Love" where Chris joins the Peace Corps and goes to South America.)

Hmm...

The Peace Corps is an independent federal agency of the United States designed to promote mutual understanding between Americans and the outside world. The Peace Corps was established by executive order in 1961 by President John F. Kennedy and approved by Congress as a permanent agency within the State Department later that year. The program was an outgrowth of the Cold War designed to oppose the Chinese and Soviet challenge to Western influence in the widely open Third World arena of superpower competition. More than 180,000 Americans have served in the Peace Corps since its inception.

A missionary is a propagator of religion, often an evangelist or other representative of a religious community who works among those outside of that community. The English word "missionary" is derived from Latin, the equivalent of the Greek-derived word, "apostle". In Judeo-Christian cultures the term is most commonly used for missions to propagate Biblical faiths, but it applies just as well to any proselytizing creed or ideology. While some faiths, especially those focused on ancestor cult and/or local spirits, as in Animisms (in many tribal and/or 'natural' cultures) and Japanese Shintoism, make little or no effort to spread beyond their ethno-cultural home societies, most religions have a less exclusive creed and do engage in missionary activities to propagate it.

Although missionaries can be sent by any religion, the word is most often used to refer to Christian missionaries. Buddhism, in fact, launched 'the first large-scale missionary effort in the history of the world's religions' (Foltz, R.C., Religions of the silk road, 1999, p.37) Missionaries of all religions make up just one component of Faith-Based Foreign Aid.

"Peace Corps" doesn't equal "missionary"

The Ghoul said:
yes but I'm taking you not acknowlaging him stealing jokes as a sign of agreement... Therefore Family Guy sucks for stealing the cardnal rule of Comedy. Never ever ever steal... Off subject but that's why Carlos Mencia is the most hated Comedian around, he's not eveen really mexican... Sorry I cant stand joke stealing ****-*****... back to South Park

I agree with you. Family guy is something i'd watch just to see a new episode of something. But if a new episode of South Park and Family guy came on at the same time and i could only watch one and never get to see the other, i would pick south park everytime. No matter how many times i got detention for repeating stuff i heard on south park, i would still pick south park everytime.

SpiderHulkThing said:
I agree with you. Family guy is something i'd watch just to see a new episode of something. But if a new episode of South Park and Family guy came on at the same time and i could only watch one and never get to see the other, i would pick south park everytime. No matter how many times i got detention for repeating stuff i heard on south park, i would still pick south park everytime.

^I'd pick the opposite every time.

Or I get a Tivo and alternate between watching one and tivoing the other each week

War Party said:
is it different? Well, if it is indeed different, it's because he's getting older. South Park is not like the simpsons. the timeline progresses.

But the other kids voices are still the same, just wondering if any one else noticed

Addendum said:
Since when does Mexico have a monopoly on being "Hispanic" or "Latino"?

In regard to stealing, I looked up the article on Wikipedia about "Critcism of Family Guy" and it said.. blah blah blah

changing one thing to another doesn't change the fact they took the premise... **** Vanilla Ice added a "little bitty ding... it's not the same"

But what pissed me off is they flat out STOLE the Mike Tyson Spelling Bee gag from O&A. And it wasn't premise they could change it was a 2 second joke that didn't ****ing matter.

So, the Simpsons created jokes about...

1) Blackjack
2) A dog humping another dog in a dog race
3) Bosses taking company baseball/softball games way too seriously
4) Defrauding auto insurance
5) Gambling addiction
6) Child services taking children away from their mother

Right?

Addendum said:
So, the Simpsons created jokes about...

1) Blackjack
2) A dog humping another dog in a dog race
3) Bosses taking company baseball/softball games way too seriously
4) Defrauding auto insurance
5) Gambling addiction
6) Child services taking children away from their mother

Right?
oooo oooo you forgot about wife going to jail.

Simpsons may not havee created these jokes but they put it on tv first. And what does it say about a show that is on surface looks like Bazzarro simpsons When it doesn't even try & be fresh to prove critics wrong. I thinks it's because they can't be fresh.

The Ghoul said:
oooo oooo you forgot about wife going to jail.

Simpsons may not havee created these jokes but they put it on tv first. And what does it say about a show that is on surface looks like Bazzarro simpsons When it doesn't even try & be fresh to prove critics wrong. I thinks it's because they can't be fresh.

BLprize.JPG

I. care.

And here's this quote by Richard Pryor-

Comedy rules! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, and there are no rules in stand-up comedy, which I really like. You can do anything you want and you can say anything that comes to mind - just so long as it's funny. If you ain't funny then get the **** off the stage, it's that simple.

Addendum said:
BLprize.JPG

Comedy rules! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, and there are no rules in stand-up comedy, which I really like. You can do anything you want and you can say anything that comes to mind - just so long as it's funny. If you ain't funny then get the **** off the stage, it's that simple.
your not being funny if its someone eles act
But

Though at times, being a whiny ***** is funny.

Joe Rogan is the exception to that

Trivia question: Name a celebrity that has played himself on both Simpsons and Family Guy (I know of 2)

The Ghoul said:
Umm no! They changed ages once in 9 years, & have been in 4th grade for 5 years.

It's still progression. I didn't see bart ever go to 5th grade. did you?

SpiderHulkThing said:

Knowing its the internet you know people are gonna act gay and take sides lol, it will be funny when it does go down like that

I thought the episode was hilarious and thought Matt and Trey airing their problems with Family Guy was a very far in the background subplot. I liked the episode because it's continuing to rip on Scientology.

The Ghoul- You are way off base in your criticism.

First off, in comedy and every other artistic medium- everyone steals. Creatitivity is just stealing something that came before and applying your own personal spin to it.

Secondly, it is not that Mencia and Family Guy have a creativity problem. It is their mindless assertion of both that the shock value equates to revelency and brilliance.

South Park uses shock value is redeemed because of the satirical nature of the stories.

Though the The Simpsons don't depend on it, shocking momoents illuminates their characters (Homer falling off Springfield Gorge after saving Bart).

Family Guy is shock value, shock value, shock value, with little to say about anything.(There is a hint of brillance when those jokes hint about Lois & Stewie's relationship, but it can be cruel, perverse when it comes to how everyone treats Meg).

Obi-Ron said:
If you compare "secondary series," Futrurama (second series by makers of the Simpsons) completely owns American Dad (Family Guy creators).
Wrong, Futurama is a tertiary series (third). To compare the secondary shows of Matt Greoning and Seth MacFairlane it's "The Critic" and "American Dad". In which case American Dad leaves the field victorious.

Anyone who thinks that American Dad is better than The Critic is someone I don't want to associate with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"