Spider-Man 2 is still the best Spider-Man movie, and one of the best CBMs.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

The bold part is spot on. The MCU's Spider-Man are extremely well done movies, but I really don't care for Spider-Man or any character that much. I don't like the excessive involvement of Iron Man's character in Spidey's story.

I rooted for Raimi's Spider-Man so much. The part where he drop the glasses and realised his power is back, while somewhat cheesy and goofy, is extremely emotional for me. It gave me goosebumps.

Thanks.

Fully agree with you on the MCU movies and the Raimi ones. The latter were cheesy in the right way for me, as in I agree they are so emotional, even the bit on the train where the people stand in between Spidey and Ock. Really cheesy on paper, but I find it emotional. Spidey roots and fights the little guy and this scene summed it up so much.

Raimi's Spider-Man movies are better than what we got from MCU.
I don't like what MCU did to Spider-Man, character without his origin. No even word about uncle Ben.
It isn't comic accurate as Raimi's movies.
So everybody now know who is Peter Parker, no another part of his comic life, no work in Daily Bugle?

Latin aunt May, Indian Flash, black MJ, that's just another movie with aniracist aspect, not focus on comic accurate looking characters. There are other movies to tackle a topic.
For example X-Men.

PS
I'm worried, I will miss FOX's X-Men like I miss Raimi's Spider-Man.
Will we see human vs mutant rights, or just superheoes joking and fighting without true origin...

I'd agree that Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman film, followed by Spiderman 1, Spiderman Homecoming, then Spiderman far from home.

Spider-Man Raimi is my first American superhero I ever watched. It always special for me because it makes pathway for me becoming know and love Marvel universe.

Aunt May speech in Spider-Man 2 about hero sacrifice really resonates me the most than any other inspirational words. The meaning is more and less same with Tony's "without suit" speech but Aunt May's has more powerful meaning.

So beautiful words there.

Agreed it is the best movie. And it mainly comes down to casting and performances, as most of people's favourite movies do. The more members of the cast you like, the better the film becomes. Spiderman 2 delivers big time on this. Tobey Maguire plays an everyman with relatable struggle to balance responsiblites perfectly. Kirsten Dunst backs that up with her own solid portrayal of a troubled teen in a broken home. J K Simmons is excellent and hilarious as JJJ. Alfred Molina plays a very likeable scientist and an empathetic yet dangerous villain. Aunt May is sweet and caring, just how you picture a loving grandma to be. James Franco plays Harry in a way you would believe how he can become corrupted by his lust for vengeance. And the other minor cast is also likeable from Ottos wife to a cameo of Norman Osborne.

Reason why other Spiderman movies since haven't been as memorable is because theyve missed the mark with casting. I like Garfield as Spidey, but the rest of the crew was meh. Same for MCU Spidey.

Yup. With Spider-Verse right behind it

Sony got the 2 best Spidey flicks. Funny how that works

Spider-Man 2 is still the GOAT Spidey flick. Spider-Verse is probably my #2.

Agreed. It's still the best movie in my opinion. I like Spider-Verse but it had flaws IMO.

Spider-Man 2 is amazing and before the dark knight it was my fav superhero movie. No other Spider-Man film could touch it. Spiderverse isn’t live action so I don’t count that. Still love the film tho. I just think in terms of live action Spider-Man 2 is the best. Ffh kinda came close in terms of action but fell short

Glad to see all the love for Spiderman 2.

Post ASM 1, there was a certain section of Spiderman fandom which began revising history, and claiming that Maguire's Spiderman wasn't liked ,and the Raimi films were all bad.

The first two films were very popular when they were released, and the second film received alot of praise from critics, fans, and audiences at the time.

Much in the way RDJ is Iron Man, Tobey Maguire was Spiderman / Peter Parker in the GA eyes, and he was praised in that part.

That's one of the reason's Garfield never really caught fire among the GA. He was sort of living in Maguire's shadow. He wasn't the Peter that audiences fell in love with and rooted for.

The way people feel about Tom Holland is the way people felt about Maguire nearly 20 years.

Have to say that Tobey’s performance was flawed, incredibly cheesy and hilarious IMO. But that’s also why I like his performance. Strange LMAO

I also like to add that Elfman’s Spider-Man theme for this film is BY FAR the best Superhero theme IMO. Somehow I can’t really feel or enjoy the legendary William’s Superman and Elfman’s Batman themes like most people. I love Zimmer’s Batman theme and Sivestri’s Avengers’ theme. But nothing come close to the epicness of Elfman’s Spider-Man theme for me.

Have to say that Tobey’s performance was flawed, incredibly cheesy and hilarious IMO. But that’s also why I like his performance. Strange LMAO

I would agree with you with Spiderman 3, but I really have a hard time finding flaws in his performances in the other two films.

I didn't think his performances were strange at all in Spiderman 1 and 2.

The films were quirky, off beat and cheesy at times, then again, such is Sam Raimi's style, and such is Spiderman at times.

The Spiderman myth does have cheesy elements to it and is inherently more bright , upbeat, and funny , so the first two films weren't some radical departure from the character's flavor imo.

Spiderman 3 and ASM 2 are the films which are really off the wall bonkers .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"