No Way Home Spider-Man 4 General News and Discussion Thread

rumor has it that Sony & Disney are fighting again about the future of Spider-Man. the last time they fought, Sony wanted to reveal the legacy Spider-Men in the trailers of NwH and Disney wanted to keep them a secret until the movie came out.

now, Sony wants Spider-Man 4 to be another large scale multiverse film with the legacy Spider-Men involved again. Disney wants to tell a more low key, grounded tale with Daredevil and Kingpin being the villain.

I hope Disney wins again. with the latter, we would finally get to see Spider-Man and Daredevil team up and Vincent D'Onofrio has been wanting to face off against Spider-Man ever since the first season of the Netflix series. not that I wouldn't want another live action Spider-Verse, but I think the story needs to build up to that first before going straight to it.

that was a mistake I think the X-Men movies made going from DoFP straight to Apocalypse. They didn't need to outdo the scale of the previous film just to build upon it.

It concerns me if Justin Lin is the top choice, especially when they had a promising name like Goddard floating around in the past.

If Lin is the top choice, who would be below him? Louis Leterrier? McG? Lord help us.

You all don't think Lin could at least make some cool looking web-swinging scenes, just based on Fast 9?

giphy.gif

Lin is a solid choice.

Dude made a critically acclaimed Star Trek film. He's also a great action director. Better than of the previous directors.

He can handle Spider-Man.

I'm more curious about the story. What will this movie be? So many rumors.

I want Disney manning the ship and Tom Holland back as Peter but with Peter coming in contact with the symbiote

The multiverse shenanigans were cool for one time but I'm not interested in more. On the other hand, while I'm definitely down for a street level Spider-Man finally arriving in the MCU, I can't say that a crossover with Daredevil does anything to me either. I just want a simple, good old fashioned Spider-Man story for a change, without a focus in too many tie ins with the larger universe like in all three previous films.

In terms latest flurry of scoops and rumors,

In terms of the story , I'm intrigued by the idea of Peter getting lost in his Spiderman identity , which makes sense given that people don't remember " Peter Parker", but they remember Spiderman.

In terms of the directors , I tend to think Sony is leaning into Justin Lin, while Feige is probably leaning towards Goddard .

I suspect Lin has the edge with Sony, given his track record ,and the Fast franchise , since Sony would probably feel far more confident with him, than with Goddard.

Not saying that's fair, but I suspect that's Sony's mindset .

If filming is beginning as soon as this fall , as rumored, than the film is likely coming out much sooner than Feige may have preferred.

I don't really see Sony holding onto the thing to 2026, if the film begins this fall .
I would think winter , 2025 would be the release, if they begin shooting this year.

But I'm speculating on the basis that rumors are accurate .

Last edited:
It concerns me if Justin Lin is the top choice, especially when they had a promising name like Goddard floating around in the past.

If Lin is the top choice, who would be below him? Louis Leterrier? McG? Lord help us.
Yep, more like a lateral move from Watts to Lin (and I think I might actually prefer Watts). But then MCU Spider-Man has never clicked with me so I don't know why I'd expect them to finally get it right with the fourth film.

Please no multiverse stuff for this one. It's fine once but if that's the very next thing you do again it reeks of desperation.

The multiverse shenanigans were cool for one time but I'm not interested in more. On the other hand, while I'm definitely down for a street level Spider-Man finally arriving in the MCU, I can't say that a crossover with Daredevil does anything to me either. I just want a simple, good old fashioned Spider-Man story for a change, without a focus in too many tie ins with the larger universe like in all three previous films.
agreed with it all but to the bolded, I personally would really love a team up with Daredevil. The Netflix series was probably one of my most favorite TV shows ever, and I've been wanting a crossover since the first season of it. Charlie Cox's cameo in No Way Home was the first hype moment for me, arguably just as hype as the legacy Spider-Men & villains.

how do you feel about Kingpin being the potential villain?

agreed with it all but to the bolded, I personally would really love a team up with Daredevil. The Netflix series was probably one of my most favorite TV shows ever, and I've been wanting a crossover since the first season of it. Charlie Cox's cameo in No Way Home was the first hype moment for me, arguably just as hype as the legacy Spider-Men & villains.

I adore seasons 1 and 3 of Daredevil and I absolutely love D' Onofrio's Kingpin, but I worry about overexposure, they seem to want to throw him in everything, and I'm not thrilled at how Feige has used him so far in both Echo and even more so Hawkeye. I feel that gritty and grounded version we got familiar with in the Netflix show doesn't fit to what they're doing with the MCU and that could potentially be even more apparent in a Spider-Man movie. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it unfortunately.

I adore seasons 1 and 3 of Daredevil and I absolutely love D' Onofrio's Kingpin, but I worry about overexposure, they seem to want to throw him in everything, and I'm not thrilled at how Feige has used him so far in both Echo and even more so Hawkeye. I feel that gritty and grounded version we got familiar with in the Netflix show doesn't fit to what they're doing with the MCU and that could potentially be even more apparent in a Spider-Man movie. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it unfortunately.
I feel you about the overexposure and the grounded version from the Netflix show; I think both are legitimate concerns. I dunno if it was Feige, but someone at Disney did say that Wilson Fisk is going to be basically the Thanos of the street level MCU storytelling. before NwH and the last couple of episodes of Hawkeye premiered, there was a rumor that D'Onofrio signed a contract with Disney that had a very large stipulation of appearances.

I think the actor loves playing in the role, and he's a really good actor too so I guess as long as the appearances he continues to have moving forward are of the quality of the Netflix show, then it'll be a win for us. I didn't finish Echo so I can't comment on his appearance there unfortunately, but I was a bit disappointed with how he lost to Kate Bishop on a 1on1 in Hawkeye. The best thing about his appearance was just that; that he was reintroduced to the MCU.

as for the tone, yeah, Spider-Man has always had a more lighthearted tone in all of his films compared to Daredevil's darker tone in his Netflix show. However, after everything Spidey has been through, I think it's time that this version of the hero begins to experience how dark and threatening his hometown can be with the underworld and the Kingpin ruling the center of it. it could be horrifying for him, but with Daredevil there to back him, he'll have the support he needs and he's also taken on a lot of different adversaries to make him capable. it's also comic book accurate to have them team up against Kingpin, I think.

So in short, I think Spider-Man 4 if it goes the Daredevil/Kingpin route, will have its dark moments but will still end up being lighter hearted like all of the films usually are.

Daredevil is a natural pick for the guest spot if there is going to be one again. More so than someone like Nick Fury in FFH or Ant-Man as has been rumored. So I can't complain about his possible inclusion, and it would signal to me that they're committed to doing a street-level story.

Daredevil is a natural pick for the guest spot if there is going to be one again. More so than someone like Nick Fury in FFH or Ant-Man as has been rumored. So I can't complain about his possible inclusion, and it would signal to me that they're committed to doing a street-level story.
I think you are spot on. I don't know why Ant-Man was even being considered for a guest spot in a Spider-Man movie, if that rumor was true.

I also feel like Daredevil as a supporting character is enough; we certainly don't want the movie to get crowded with an ensemble cast, right? at least not yet. like I said; if this is to be the first of a new trilogy, then they should build up to a high stakes story again like they did with NwH.

I definitely wanna see Kingpin as the main villain for Spidey 4

A lot of people on Reddit and video sites want to turn Tom Holland's Spidey into Robert Pattinson's Batman for the next film. A lot of people want a full Symbiote Saga. They are not aware of what the writers of NWH said when they were interviewed back in 2021 by The Hollywood Reporter:

SOMMERS We knew we were going to end up in that place. As far as what it means, whether or not there are going to be more? All we could do was try to service this story and tell what we felt was the best version of this story. It’s ended in a place where it could feel like a satisfying to this particular Spider-Man, or it definitely could keep going. We get this team together in a room — and again, each one of these movies has had a big thing from the previous to react to. To be a story engine. If there were to be another one, we have this big change at the end that would be a huge story engine to what comes next. I think it could be a satisfying conclusion or just another really fun, inciting incident for another story. I hope they do more. But I don’t know.

MCKENNA I think it’s a fitting ending if it had to end this way. We never know. “Oh, is Tom doing another one? Will we be a part of it?” At a certain point we just got to keep our eye on the one in front of us. “Is this a satisfying story that doesn’t just feel like we are ending on a cliffhanger that is trying to trick you in to the next one?” I do feel with this ending, Peter makes a sacrifice. There are all these Marvel movies about him trying to figure out what it is to be a hero, what it is to be Spider-Man, what it is to be Peter Parker, how to balance both, how to have it all. He gets to have it all at the end of the last movie, right before that tag and then it’s all stripped away. “Oh no! What are they going to do next time?” This one feels like it’s more mature because it really is, as Doctor Strange says, “You are trying to have it all. You can’t have it all. You’ve got to make a choice.” Whereas the Goblin is telling him the entire time, “You’re a God. You can have it all! Stop trying to make a choice.” But we know that the right thing is he can’t be endangering his loved ones. He loves these people so much that he can’t be a part of their lives and he knows that for now — is it going to be an Andrew Garfield life? No. I don’t think so. Andrew Garfield went into bitterness and darkness. I don’t see that for this one. He’s hopeful. He has chosen this life. He could spill the beans and get MJ and Ned back and he could convince them of everything and have everything he wanted when he walked into Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum. He could get it, but now he has a choice and he doesn’t make that choice because he knows ultimately there’s a sacrifice that has to be made if he’s going to be the person that May raised him to be. This is the responsibility that he now has to live with. In a lot of ways, this is the other two [Spider-Men] helping him get to a place where maybe they got to before he did. This is the great sacrifice. The death of May is the turning point in his life and really turns what it means to be Peter Parker and Spider-Man into a different place for him.

Are the redditors also not aware that filming "The Crowded Room" took a toll on Tom Holland's mental health and that he took a year off to get his head clear? Don't think Sony and Disney are willing to go that dark. There may be a "College Trilogy", or there could just be a stand-alone SM4 and the future Avengers films. And the probability that Zendaya will be back in a key role as well grows stronger every day, especially with the news regarding Euphoria. It is possible to discuss SM4, potential plot points on this thread without getting into toxic battles? You can do a mature Spiderman film without repeating elements found in the Raimi and Webb films (Symbiote turns Spidey into an Emo). And, if written well, you can include MJ in the fourth film and have her recover her memory (Though not at the beginning).

Can we discuss, rationally, the likely direction that Spiderman 4 will go?

Nothing I've heard about this sounds any good to me. Like one of the key aspects about Spider-Man is the balance of living the life of Peter Parker while also being a crime fighter and the struggles that come from that - like never being on time or where he should be, always behind and so on. Dropping the Peter Parker stuff feels like a huge red flag to me.

If anything the end of No Way Home should already have given them a lot of the tools to write a good story. Peter is now on his own, he does not have Tony Stark (or the Avengers) on his speed dial, he does not have May anymore, he does not have his old friends. This would be a great coming of age story about him finding his feet, maybe introduce him working as a photographer and trying to build his own life while also fighting crime. The right idea would be to return to a simpler story again. Kingpin would be a solid choice, I think Scorpion could also be fun. I don't think we really need another multiverse movie because that stuff is already getting pretty old.

Why don't they just bring back Scorpion and have JJJ fund his creation? Also, how does JJJ's arc play out? Can he be moved away from being an Alex Jones analogue (J.K. Simmons himself that the? Did he lose a wife to a masked mugger like in the comics and TAS and a son like in the Ultimate Universe and that trauma and grief has been driving his hatred and actions toward Spiderman?

Nothing I've heard about this sounds any good to me. Like one of the key aspects about Spider-Man is the balance of living the life of Peter Parker while also being a crime fighter and the struggles that come from that - like never being on time or where he should be, always behind and so on. Dropping the Peter Parker stuff feels like a huge red flag to me.

If anything the end of No Way Home should already have given them a lot of the tools to write a good story. Peter is now on his own, he does not have Tony Stark (or the Avengers) on his speed dial, he does not have May anymore, he does not have his old friends. This would be a great coming of age story about him finding his feet, maybe introduce him working as a photographer and trying to build his own life while also fighting crime. The right idea would be to return to a simpler story again. Kingpin would be a solid choice, I think Scorpion could also be fun. I don't think we really need another multiverse movie because that stuff is already getting pretty old.
Why do so many people want SM4 to be like Matt Reeves Batman? In the MCU, Daredevil is Batman, mixed with some elements of Arrowverse Oliver Queen.

Last edited:
rumor has it that Sony & Disney are fighting again about the future of Spider-Man. the last time they fought, Sony wanted to reveal the legacy Spider-Men in the trailers of NwH and Disney wanted to keep them a secret until the movie came out.

now, Sony wants Spider-Man 4 to be another large scale multiverse film with the legacy Spider-Men involved again. Disney wants to tell a more low key, grounded tale with Daredevil and Kingpin being the villain.

I hope Disney wins again. with the latter, we would finally get to see Spider-Man and Daredevil team up and Vincent D'Onofrio has been wanting to face off against Spider-Man ever since the first season of the Netflix series. not that I wouldn't want another live action Spider-Verse, but I think the story needs to build up to that first before going straight to it.

that was a mistake I think the X-Men movies made going from DoFP straight to Apocalypse. They didn't need to outdo the scale of the previous film just to build upon it.

Sony is too stupid to understand the concept of diminishing returns. Even ignoring the question of multiverse vs grounded, the simple fact is that Tobey and Andrew meeting Tom is old hat now. On the other hand having Kingpin face off against Spider-man is something we haven't seen in the MCU before (or in any live action Spider-man movie), despite Kingpin being an extremely iconic and memorable opponent of Spider-man across many other versions of Spider-man, and the MCU has a popular version of Kingpin with a lot of buildup. It should be so obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"