No Way Home Spider-Man 4 General News and Discussion Thread

I actually buy it .

Like his films or not , he brought 3 successful Spiderman films to the big screen and helped make Spiderman a successful film franchise , which wasn't considered a guarantee before the first film came out.
He also directed MOM a big hit for Marvel Studios.

He's worked with Feige and Sony for years , and Sony and Disney would likely show much more confidence with him at the helm, than some of the other names being tossed around.

If anything, he would seem like the consensus choice for both studios, and his name attached to SM4 would bring buzz and cred to the project with the press at least.

I could totally see why Sony and Marvel , would court him.

Now , whether he would agree to come back is another issue, but yeah, I totally buy that he's someone they've either approached, or are at least thinking about.

I wouldn't be upset if he got it but Raimi directing a Spider-Man film that doesn't star Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst doesn't feel right to me.

I'd much rather seem him come back for Dr. Strange 3. I liked MoM as it is, but I think Raimi could easily top it if he had the time to develop it beforehand and not be a last minute replacement.

They are in a bit of a funny spot right now with this franchise. It's inarguable that No Way Home was massive in a way that the other Holland movies weren't because of the gravitas that the legacy characters brought. As a result there's a lot of buzz about a fourth Raimi Spider-Man movie, whether or not there's any prayer of that actually happening. And now you have a lot of nostalgia for the older movies coming in full force now with the theatrical re-releases.

Then there's the fact that there's just so much Spider-Man content, between the Spider-Verse films, the video games, etc. How do you make it feel like a big event again? I'm not sure going more street level is the answer. Of course I think ultimately if you make a great movie, that should be enough.

Problem is, I don't think the MCU has made an actually *great* movie in...well, let's just say it's been a while. And this is the one character where they have to live up to a previous franchise that actually was great.

If Raimi actually gets involved, I think it would be kind of funny/awesome move would be to call this "Spider-Man 4" and have is serve as a fourth entry to both the original trilogy and the Holland trilogy. No Garfield, have it be more of a story about Tobey's Peter and Tom's Peter and developing that relationship. Tobey could essentially play the Uncle Ben role that we never got to see with this Peter. Just spitballing. But idk, I think there's potential there. We saw that they had good chemistry in NWH. I think there's a lot being left on the table there to just leave Tobey as a one-time cameo.

Last edited:
I'd be for Raimi directing a fourth film , if they're looking to him .

It's hard to argue against it from a business , and PR standpoint.

there would likely be very little resistance to it in Marvel fandom, ,even if he's not at the top of alot of fans lists for directors.

But the script has to be good ,regardless of who directs the film.

If Raimi actually gets involved, I think it would be kind of funny/awesome move would be to call this "Spider-Man 4" and have is serve as a fourth entry to both the original trilogy and the Holland trilogy. No Garfield, have it be more of a story about Tobey's Peter and Tom's Peter and developing that relationship. Tobey could essentially play the Uncle Ben role that we never got to see with this Peter. Just spitballing. But idk, I think there's potential there. We saw that they had good chemistry in NWH. I think there's a lot being left on the table there to just leave Tobey as a one-time cameo.
Garfield right now:

4486812afb8c002181a334277782b06a.gif

A Raimi Spider-Man movie without Maguire and Dunst doesn't feel right to me.

So Raimi potentially directing a fourth MCU Spider-Man film in which the rumored character arc is Peter embracing his Spider-Man identity and mentally leaving Peter Parker behind (of course he’ll learn he needs that Peter side as well) and a street level story involving Kingpin as the villain and a team up with Daredevil….. sign me up. The rumored character arc is kinda the reverse of Peter’s in Spider-Man 2 so I think Sam Raimi would be a great pick.

I am not even entertaining that thought until a reliable outlet discusses it. Not a random blog. But in general, I care more about what the core if the movie is going to be. Cause a 2nd Multiverse Spider-Man movie is going to heavily decrease my excitement for it. I am all in if it's a Daredevil team-up or whatever. But Multiverse movie regardless if you have Tobey & Andrew or not...not feeling it.

No to Raimi. If were not bringing Watts back because we've already seen three of his films and his take on Spider-Man, replacing him with Raimi makes even less sense. Give someone new a shot.

I am not even entertaining that thought until a reliable outlet discusses it. Not a random blog. But in general, I care more about what the core if the movie is going to be. Cause a 2nd Multiverse Spider-Man movie is going to heavily decrease my excitement for it. I am all in if it's a Daredevil team-up or whatever. But Multiverse movie regardless if you have Tobey & Andrew or not...not feeling it.

I just think the reality is...

"Spider-Verse" as a concept is hotter than ever thanks to the hugely popular animated movies.

A lot of buzz and industry talk about Raimi doing another Spider-Man movie even long before this most recent rumor.

Marvel is in a pretty bad slump and needs something that feels like a big deal, and Spider-Man is supposed to be their flagship character.

I just wouldn't be at all surprised if it goes in this direction. Though I agree doing another multiverse movie immediately after NWH could seem like a retreat. I like the idea of Raimi coming in and doing a true solo Spider-Man movie with Holland, with the possibility of him doing a Spider-Verse story that bridges to his original films down the line.

I don't buy it. In Raimi's own words, he is not doing another Spider-Man movie without Tobey.
“I love Spider-Man. And I love Tom Holland in the role,” Raimi said, before adding a caveat. “If I made a Spider-Man movie, it would probably have to be with Tobey, or he’d break my neck.”

I just think the reality is...

"Spider-Verse" as a concept is hotter than ever thanks to the hugely popular animated movies.

A lot of buzz and industry talk about Raimi doing another Spider-Man movie even long before this most recent rumor.

Marvel is in a pretty bad slump and needs something that feels like a big deal, and Spider-Man is supposed to be their flagship character.

I just wouldn't be at all surprised if it goes in this direction. Though I agree doing another multiverse movie immediately after NWH could seem like a retreat. I like the idea of Raimi coming in and doing a true solo Spider-Man movie with Holland, with the possibility of him doing a Spider-Verse story that bridges to his original films down the line.
I just have no interest in this version of the movie you're pitching me at all. I don't love Spider-Man being this....Mulitverse hero all the time. It's basically all we see getting anymore in Spider-Man media, and I would be much more interested in something smaller. For me, Spider-Man is more interesting as a smaller scale hero. Especially when the character is in his formative years. One can argue box office potential and all that, but on my own personal level....I don't care about this concept at all. This would be like....exactly the last kind of Spider-Man movie I would want and would make me care far less about the project. That's just me

Street-level Spider-Man taking on organized crime is 100% the best way forward here. You have no shortage of characters that could fold into that concept.

Alistair Smythe / Ultimate Spider-Slayer
Black Cat
Chameleon
Kingpin
Kraven
Hammerhead
Mr. Negative
Scorpion
Silvermane
Spencer Smythe
Tombstone

I’m not opposed to another multiverse film, but I don’t think it should be Holland’s fourth film. I’d rather it be a conclusion of sorts that brings Holland, Maguire, and Garfield back together alongside Shameik Moore.

That’s if it has to happen at all. I’d rather all those characters get solo flicks to close out their journeys, with the exception of Garfield who I think should crossover with Hardy.

I personally think outside Spiderverse 3 we should be done with Multiverse Spider-Man movies and just have them do something together in Secret Wars maybe with Shamiek there. Let the multiverse end with Secret Wars. I don't think we need another solo Spider-Man film dominated by the multiverse

I just have no interest in this version of the movie you're pitching me at all. I don't love Spider-Man being this....Mulitverse hero all the time. It's basically all we see getting anymore in Spider-Man media, and I would be much more interested in something smaller. For me, Spider-Man is more interesting as a smaller scale hero. Especially when the character is in his formative years. One can argue box office potential and all that, but on my own personal level....I don't care about this concept at all. This would be like....exactly the last kind of Spider-Man movie I would want and would make me care far less about the project. That's just me

I totally get that. But for me, I guess I kinda feel like the damage is kind of done there in terms of how the MCU rolled out their Spider-Man. It never felt stand alone, which always irked me. No Way Home's ending borderline felt like an apology for that. It's just that at this point, I feel like I've seen this version of the character go to space, I've seen him interact with legends of the franchise. He's been kind of used more as a prop for bigger MCU storylines/events than a truly standalone character in his own right. It doesn't help that Far From Home was just kinda blah IMO. That all comes with the downside of me feeling much less personally invested in this version of the character. And the idea of trying to "start" his character development with smaller stories on his fourth movie just feels a bit...too little, too late for me. They could go that route, and I'm open to it being great, it just doesn't get me actively excited about it.

Tom Holland is great in the role, it's not his fault. But currently, the longshot idea of Raimi doing a full-on Spider-Man 4 with Tobey would get me more jazzed up. But I also think that has to do with the fact that I think fundamentally Spider-Man is a coming of age character, which is probably why I just have a hard time getting emotionally invested in younger Spider-Man stories in my 30s.

I totally get that. But for me, I guess I kinda feel like the damage is kind of done there in terms of how the MCU rolled out their Spider-Man. It never felt stand alone, which always irked me. No Way Home's ending borderline felt like an apology for that. It's just that at this point, I feel like I've seen this version of the character go to space, I've seen him interact with legends of the franchise. He's been kind of used more as a prop for bigger MCU storylines/events than a truly standalone character in his own right. It doesn't help that Far From Home was just kinda blah IMO. That all comes with the downside of me feeling much less personally invested in this version of the character. And the idea of trying to "start" his character development with smaller stories on his fourth movie just feels a bit...too little, too late for me. They could go that route, and I'm open to it being great, it just doesn't get me actively excited about it.

Tom Holland is great in the role, it's not his fault. But currently, the longshot idea of Raimi doing a full-on Spider-Man 4 with Tobey would get me more jazzed up. But I also think that has to do with the fact that I think fundamentally Spider-Man is a coming of age character, which is probably why I just have a hard time getting emotionally invested in younger Spider-Man stories in my 30s.
Spider-Man has always had run ins with higher end heroes like the Avengers and then gone back to smaller roots in his own book. It can easily be done. Make a great movie. The multiverse reliance for me is like when you have a wrestler like the Undertaker or Sting or whoever in their later years and can no longer have matches like they once did, so you overstuff them with things. Ref bumps, tag team partner with younger guys that can work, weapons, etc. But all that is just stuff. Any movie needs a good story, regardless if Spider-Man is fighting the Chameleon or Galactus himself. So I sort of reject this thesis, lol

this is quite literally the monkey’s paw version of wanting Raimi to finally direct Spider-Man 4 lol.

Jokes aside, I also agree this doesn’t necessarily feel right if it isn’t the Raimiverse characters…. but I still want him to direct the next two avenger movies. At least this tells me that Feige is still a big Raimi fanboy, so he does have taste

They are in a bit of a funny spot right now with this franchise. It's inarguable that No Way Home was massive in a way that the other Holland movies weren't because of the gravitas that the legacy characters brought. As a result there's a lot of buzz about a fourth Raimi Spider-Man movie, whether or not there's any prayer of that actually happening. And now you have a lot of nostalgia for the older movies coming in full force now with the theatrical re-releases.

Then there's the fact that there's just so much Spider-Man content, between the Spider-Verse films, the video games, etc. How do you make it feel like a big event again? I'm not sure going more street level is the answer. Of course I think ultimately if you make a great movie, that should be enough.

Problem is, I don't think the MCU has made an actually *great* movie in...well, let's just say it's been a while. And this is the one character where they have to live up to a previous franchise that actually was great.

while I do like the idea of a full movie of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man being a mentor to Tom Holland's Spider-Man in an eventual Uncle Ben role minus Andrew Garfield (in all honestly, the only reason the ASM series even exists is because Sony didn't cave and sign a contract with Disney sooner), I don't want another live action Spider-Verse movie. not opposed to it ever happening again, but I don't want the live action Spider-Man film series to just become a series of multiverse films. your premise would be good for maybe a Spider-Man 5, with Spider-Man 6 being Peter passing down the torch to Miles.

I still firmly want Spider-Man 4 to be Spider-Man + Daredevil vs. Wilson Fisk & Mac Gargan.

however, with this rumor, there are two things on my mind. 1 considering Raimi might end up meaning that Spider-Man 4 will be NwH 2.0, and 2 there will probably be a lot of women screaming in the movie.

Last edited:
Already been posted a few times elsewhere but figured I'd post it in the main Spidey thread. What's interesting is some of his quotes seems to imply thatt he might be an executive producer on this (probably part of his contract renegotations). And that it seems he doesn't want to repeat things from the past... *cough* multiverse *cough*

Tom Holland Talks ‘Spider-Man’ And Plans For Fourth Movie: “This Is The First Time I’ve Been Part Of The Creative So Early…Everyone Wants It To Happen” — Sands Film Festival

The more “complicated answer” Tom added is how he and the Spider-Man team approach any follow-up to Spider-Man: No Way Home, the third title in his webbed saga, without retreading past themes.

“We have the best in the business working toward whatever the story might be. But until we’ve cracked it, we have a legacy to protect,” he said. “The third movie was so special in so many ways that we need to make sure we do the right thing.”

He added: “This is the first time in this process that I’ve been part of the creative so early. It’s just a process where I’m watching and learning. It’s just a really fun stage for me. Like I said, everyone wants it to happen. But we want to make sure we’re not overdoing the same things.”

Seems like they're deep in preparation and there's a lot that we don't know yet. What are some past themes that should not be retreaded in SM4? Think he's referring to ground previously covered by the Raimi trilogy?

Seems like they're deep in preparation and there's a lot that we don't know yet. What are some past themes that should not be retreaded in SM4? Think he's referring to ground previously covered by the Raimi trilogy?
No I think he's referring to the MCU movies but specifically NWH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"