Sequels Spider-man 4: Total War

M

MohadGlub

I had an idea for Spider-man 4 which I thought I'd share...

IF the creative team come back again for spider-man 4, this would be a perfect opportunity to set up further sequels in which a cast change would be natural. Please bear with me...

250px-Lizard_(comics).jpg

Flashback opening sequence in which Cletus Kassady, a serial killer, is aprehended by the police- suggestion of a really, really violent guy....

Back to present. in the beginning of Spider-man 4 we have MJ and Peter Parker getting over the loss of Harry Osborn. Peter Parker proposes to MJ early on, but I would want to have Gwen Stacy throwing some sort of spanner in the works (I'd love to see the way she treats Parker after that seriously harsh treatment at the Jazz Club)

Doctor Conners is experimenting with bio-technology, particularly interested in lizard's ability to regrow limbs...

There's very mild suggestion of political tension in New York- basically, people are scared ****less about security considering they recently saw a man the size of a building made out of sand...

Captain stacy is secretly putting funding into powerful military technology... This could reference some of the technology shown in Spider-man 1 (the company Norman was competing against) or even have reference to S.H.I.E.L.D, though a step too far down that route (Sky-fortress.....is a no) would be a bad idea.

Doctor Conners regrows his arm and presents himself as a scientific achievement.

There's an accident

Cletus escapes from prison in some really cool way which I havent thought of yet, but would depend on the kind of prison he is in.

(Parker gets wind of the Cletus Kennedy escape from the news coverage)

Peter Parker making arrangmenets for his marriage, wants Kurt Conners as his best man (Now Harry Osborn is gone) when he goes to ask him he finds him in his office with all his clothes ripped as if he's been in a fight... Conners tells him it's nothing.

Cletus is moving throuhg New York by using the sewage network, he hears some movement in the shadows- a screech...

Connors and family having problems, Martha Connors thinks he's suffering from stress or else become an alchoholic- coming in late and tired, ripped clothes, obsession over work...

Peter Parker comes across a murder but arrives just as the killer (kennedy) is leaving, chases him down the new york sewers- looses him and comes across Doctor Connors, who's raving mad (But not transformed) Doctor Connors tries to strangle Spider-man with his lizard arm, and then collapses to the floor and transforms (nasty mutations all over his body). Confrontation between Spidey and Lizard in the sewers.

Peter Parker is unable to confront Connors, as that would make it obvious that he is spider-man.

Daily Bugle is presenting the fears of a 'monster in the sewers' with the usual Jamerson comedy- presenting it as a ridiculous myth.

Spider-man stalks Connors and sees him barricading himself in an old warehouse... Creepy scene in which spider-man goes in and the lizard attacks him. Lizard/Spider-man confrontation ends up on the streets, with police shooting at it, with spider-man stopping them from hurting Connors. Lizard ends up down the sewers and transforms into Connors, unconsious.

Daily Bugle photos of spidey 'attacking the police'
Tensions of public security rise.

Cletus Kennedy breaks into Connors' lab, stealing equipment, comes across the symbiote sample- somehow gets it into his bloodstream (Cabinet of glass beakers collapses on him) but the effects dont show (he's just stronger and wilder)

Spider-man confronting Doctor Connors, trying to help him to do something about the whole 'lizard' thing. Peter Parker/Doctor Connors relationship would be interesting (as neither of them know each other's alter-egos)

Peter Parker has a lonely stag do (this could be melancholy with the loss of Harry Osborn, maybe comical with Bruce Campbell) During the stag do, Parker comes across Cletus Kennedy and turns into spider-man for a fight which ultimately leads to the symbiote manisfesting itself in Kennedy, transforming him into carnage.

Lizard arrives, Carnage escapes to go on a killing spree- spiderman cant stop him because of lizard. Fight in which Lizard is subdued, but Spider-mans mask is torn off and Connor realises its peter and transforms/falls unconcious- Cletus sees Parker's face. Carnage and Spidey fight the police arrive and shoot both of them, Carnage ends up killing police but spider-man defeats him, thinking to have killed him. (This could work in a variety of ways)

Peter Parker/MJ's Wedding.

Carnage arrives at the wedding shouting at Parker about him being spider-man and wanting vengence attacks the guests, battle between parker and Carnage in which carnage ends up killing Mary Jane after trapping peter under rubble/with bent steel bars etc. Then escapes.

Massive media scandal- public security issues- Captain Stacy involved publically- suggestion of a larger scheme at work.

Spider-man and Connors team up to kill Carnage- daylight battle across the city, causing destruction.

Captain stacy arrives with the army and new technology- Spider-slayers-esque machinery and weaponry designed to kill spider-man, lizard and carnage. Massive battle in which captain stacy is also killed.

At the end of spider-man 4, the symbiote has been destroyed and Cletus is detained in maximum security.
However, the battle has caused a civil war in New York, with organised crime becoming more and more powerful (King Pin??)

In future sequels, the narrative could be set as much as 10 years after the start of the civil war, in a situation where New York is a much grittier place with more crime, and Peter Parker is more of a mess- where an entirely new cast is acceptable because of the time difference between 4 and 5. The loss of Mary Jane could add interesting psychological additions to Peter Parker's character and allow a new generation of romance with Gwen Stacy (Also distraught from the death of her father).

The civil war doesnt have to be too extreme- New York would still end up being the same place it was in Spider-man 1, but with more crime (and loads of story potential), and a logical time lapse in which the entire cast can be revised.

Cheers for reading- what do you think?
Any casting suggestions for my spidey 4/5????

The Lizard/Spidey arc sounds good, but I don't really like the idea of them recasting the series, so any ideas leading to that would be a "no" for me...sorry.

I dont see it happening with the way they are going. First, they said that their villians are not evil and have a cause, they also have to be relative to Parker. There also seems to be no killing in the last 2 movies, so that basically takes out carnage on his rampages.The ending seems to be to much like the ending of Batman Begins.

Good idea, but doesnt seem possible in the series.

"but I don't really like the idea of them recasting the series, so any ideas leading to that would be a "no" for me...sorry."

They're gonna have to recast the series at some point. The way it stands, it seems that the likelihood of the entire cast returning for spider-man 4 is slim, it would be a best-case scenario. I dont think the franchise should end when the creative team does- my suggestion would simply leave the franchise open for more movies, with a logical reason for a total cast change.

@Zipperedgorilla-
Maybe the killing is a bit much, but I dont see why the character arcs and style of my idea would be a total detraction from Spider-man 1-3. If carnage's 'rampages' were reduced to more of a suggestion of violence, it would still suit a child audience. There's still a villain with sympathetic motives in the Lizard- Carnage just allows for a really menacing bad guy that's bad because he's bad. Cletus Kennedy in the comics doesnt really have a sympathetic motive.

Cheers for the comments guys.

If I were to get more Venom in Spider-Man 3, I wouldn't care if Carnage is in Spider-Man 4...and also, Lizard and Kraven seems to be the best duo for the movie.

"but I don't really like the idea of them recasting the series, so any ideas leading to that would be a "no" for me...sorry."

They're gonna have to recast the series at some point. The way it stands, it seems that the likelihood of the entire cast returning for spider-man 4 is slim, it would be a best-case scenario. I dont think the franchise should end when the creative team does- my suggestion would simply leave the franchise open for more movies, with a logical reason for a total cast change.

@Zipperedgorilla-
Maybe the killing is a bit much, but I dont see why the character arcs and style of my idea would be a total detraction from Spider-man 1-3. If carnage's 'rampages' were reduced to more of a suggestion of violence, it would still suit a child audience. There's still a villain with sympathetic motives in the Lizard- Carnage just allows for a really menacing bad guy that's bad because he's bad. Cletus Kennedy in the comics doesnt really have a sympathetic motive.

Cheers for the comments guys.

Cletus Kennedy?

Kasady would be too brutal. Unlike what was said above, alot of killing happened in the previous movies (Goblin bombing everyone, Doc Ock in the hospital, Sandman crushing a bunch of people inadvertently), but Carnage's brutality is just too much.

As for your plot, many aspects are very good. However, like said above, all the characters so far have been connected to Spidey in some form. You could add in a way that has Kasady being connected. Not to mention the plot doesn't follow the same pattern the previous movies have...

if you ever get Carnage, you all will be dissappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"