World Spider-Man as a TV series?

James.Bartlett

Civilian
Reaction score
Nowadays, a lot of superhero-related stories aren't just hitting the big screen - TV series are being made and I, personally, am a fan of that - there is a lot more screen time. For example, Daredevil has twelve episodes out - that's around eleven / twelve hours of footage whereas a film would be two / three hours. So, why don't they do this with Spider-Man?

Would you like Spider-Man to be a television series? To be honest, I can't get a direct answer to that as there are many reasons why I would love to spend a fifty-minute period, every week, to watch new footage of Spider-Man on TV but what could a TV series do to a superhero like Spider-Man? The main thing that I think would go wrong is the Peter Parker / Spider-Man screen time. Would one of the character's personas get more screen time than the other and, if so, would that butcher the TV series?

I would love to see a lot more Spider-Man than Peter Parker but then, if that happened, the TV series wouldn't be able to capture a lot of the story.

So, tell me ... Would you like to see Spider-Man as a TV series? What would be the problems of having Spider-Man as a TV series? What ideas would you have?

Hey, in fact, with screenwriting being one of my hobbies, I may try writing Spider-Man as a TV series. This could be fun!

I think at least story wise, Spider-man is extremely well suited for television. The sheer amount of supporting characters, and long running plots really lend themselves to that format. Spectacular Spider-man was probably the best animated series of a superhero I have seen. And I am quite aware how great Batman was.

The problem is that Spider-man's powers are very expensive to show off properly.

Daredevil doesn't shoot webs, or swing across skyscrapers, or jump 20 feet in the air.

Spider-man's villains also can get a bit pricy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"