Reaction score
Here's an idea of how Sony could best use their only property

Phase 1 - Peter's Parents/Death Gwen Stacy

TASM - Lizard
TASM2 - Electro and Rhino
TASM3 - Event Film - Green Goblin and Chameleon
Spin-Off Movie - Venom- an adaption of Lethal Predator

Phase 2 - Master Plan/ Sinister Six

TASM4 - Mysterio and Kraven (Felicity Hardy introduced)
TASM5 - Doc Ock and Black Cat (Kingpin introduced)
TASM6 - Event Film - Sinister Six
Spin-Off Movie - Black Cat

Not sure what could come for Phase 3.

I could see Dr Conners helping Spidey out but not as The Lizard.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Black Cat spin off? eh.

26807-Emma-Stone-eh-gif-EcP5.gif

They could just do Spider-Man films until the end of time. They have rights to every Spider-Man villain. Which is so damn many. I feel like they have so many Spider-Man villains that once they use them all up as primary and secondary villains (a dozen or more movies, 25 years from now) they could just start over again and no one would be any the wiser. Kinda like they do in the comics :hehe:

The idea I posted on another thread:

(Movie #1 - Lizard, Movie #2 - Electro and Rhino)
Movie #3 - Green Goblin
Movie #4 - Doc Ock
Movie #5 - Mysterio and Chameleon (Chameleon would be a small character + die at the end)
Movie #6 - Begins with Vulture and later the Sinister Six is formed (Lizard, Electro, Rhino, Doc Ock, Mysterio and Vulture - Doc Ock or/and Lizard would die)
Movie #7 - Venom and Black Cat as a small character (She would help Spider-Man during some parts)
Movie #8 - Spider-Man and Venom against Carnage, Venom would die at the end.
Movie #9 - Adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt, Peter would have to use the symbiote again to defeat Kraven

Spider Man has the potential to have a lot of movies tbh, even the small villain like Spot and Morbius are great.

Spider Man has the potential to have a lot of movies tbh, even the small villain like Spot and Morbius are great.

I really like Cardiac. I think he should have the honor of being a secondary villain in a future film. Maybe one with Smythe or the like.

it's kind of unfair how cool his rogues gallery is. His and Batman's villains are the ones i can recall of the top of my head.

As posters and critics better than me have noted, Spider-Man has one of the best rogues' galleries in comics (his closest rival is Batman.) Having said that, they should follow the Bond formula.

Although I doubt the franchise would last more than 5-6 films, I think it could last if each Phase was a semi-reboot... while building off of what has been established in previous films, the movies would "start over" with a new cast and new story arc, making it easier for new viewers to come in and watch. After all, Sony has to make a movie every 5 years to keep the film rights, so let's assume the franchise goes on for a very long time.

Phase 1: Green Goblin/Sinister Six
The Amazing Spider-Man - Origin/Lizard
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Electro/Ravencroft
The Amazing Spider-Man 3 - Green Goblin/Death of Gwen Stacy
The Amazing Spider-Man 4 - Sinister Six

Phase 2: Venom Saga
The Spectacular Spider-Man - Symbiote Spider-Man/Mysterio
Black Cat Spin-Off
The Spectacular Spider-Man 2 - Venom
Venom: Lethal Protector - Carnage
The Spectacular Spider-Man 3

Phase 3
Ultimate Spider-Man - Hobgoblin & Kraven
Ultimate Spider-Man 2 - Kraven's Last Hunt
Ultimate Spider-Man 3 - Death of Spider-Man/Return of Green Goblin

Phase 4
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

They aren't going to do that...

Spider-Man will have a crossover movie before they do 4 reboots.

Miles Morales, it solves the whole "do we recast when Andrew gets too old or wants to leave." Miles would also be something that the majority of the GA has never seen, and could lead to new and interesting stories.

I'm more into Picard Sisko idea, I hope we don't have to wait until 2022 minimum until we see Sinister Six(****, I might see it with my son by that time lol)

The're no need to introduce every single Sinister Six villain before the main event. Guys like Shocker, Electro (even if he has a movie for himself) or Sandman don't need a whole movie to explain them. You could have a small prologue about his affiliation with Oscorp and transformation and you're ok.

I think S6 should be a seperate phase from Death Of Gwen Stacy.

Also Doc Ock should lead the S6, not Green Goblin.

Miles Morales, it solves the whole "do we recast when Andrew gets too old or wants to leave." Miles would also be something that the majority of the GA has never seen, and could lead to new and interesting stories.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO especially if Peter has to die. Now I wouldn't mind them continuing the story with Ben Reilly, now that would be cool

This is too much into the future for my taste. I just hope we get the Sinister 6.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO especially if Peter has to die. Now I wouldn't mind them continuing the story with Ben Reilly, now that would be cool

Neither would be particularly cool. And neither would be much better than the other.

Miles is really interesting, and is something different. I'd like to see him. Ben Reilly is a Peter clone, how original.

It's obvious that The Amazing Spider-Man 4 will be the Sinister Six film they're apparently planning.

Between the fact that a new mysterious fourth film was announced (and dated) in June (after they've only mentioned planning three films), to Webb's comment's/hints that the fourth film might be more than just a Spider-Man film and it might bring back ancillary characters from previous films.

I actually think it's a solid game plan. We're still getting the trilogy that they've been planning and they'll be able to still tell their story and wrap everything up nicely before truly going out with a bang, with a balls-to-the-wall, event size, Sinister Six film.

Given the recent announcement by Sony it's time to revamp this thread.

I think a Venom and Black Cat script is in the works.

Where did Picard go?

**** Miles Morales!

Black Cat and Venom spin-offs work but they need to make those movies similar to the Avengers solo films in which they're on their own, names get dropped, new villains are foiled, but the whole thing feels tied into this ever-changing, always growing universe.

I don't see how you have Venom or Black Cat films without them appearing in a Spider-man film first. I think they should just focus on making quality Spidey films. That's where they'll make the most money.

I don't see how you have Venom or Black Cat films without them appearing in a Spider-man film first. I think they should just focus on making quality Spidey films. That's where they'll make the most money.

Agreed but Sony Pictures said last week that they will be spinning off the franchise.

I think we will see hints as soon as TASM2

The Hollywood Reporter has an interesting Spinoff option:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/who-could-be-spider-mans-659534

Captain_Marvel_special_1.jpg

Captain Marvel

Who? Not the current incarnation of the character -- nor even the first -- but Monica Rambeau, who currently goes by the name Spectrum. Better known as a member of the Avengers, the character actually made her debut in an Amazing Spider-Man annual in 1982.

Movie Potential? In the unlikely off-chance that the character isn't part of Marvel Studios' package due to her Avengers connections, most definitely. With a greater power-set and entirely different demographic than Spider-Man, there's the potential for Monica to bring a whole new audience to the superhero genre if done right.

If that turns out to be true, it may explain why she has yet to appear in the MCU, because I think that Marvel blew several opportunities to debut her in the MCU.

The Hollywood Reporter has an interesting Spinoff option:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/who-could-be-spider-mans-659534

Captain_Marvel_special_1.jpg

If that turns out to be true, it may explain why she has yet to appear in the MCU, because I think that Marvel blew several opportunities to debut her in the MCU.

That's interesting.

The problem with Spider-Man spin-offs I think is that the main contenders (Venom and Black Cat) are too similar in to Spider-Man. It's not like the MCU, DCCU or FMCU where we have different characters with different abilitys in the same universe. They could think about using Spider-Man villains to try and combat this problem. I also really doubt Sony have the rights to Captain Marvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"