Spider-Man movie series in retrospect

Ok, to answer you question Spider-Fan:
As far as it concerns me I’m much more interested in the process, not just the results.
I can know the outcome in advance but I don’t walk into a movie theatre to find out about a simple list of plot points.
Exactly, those things can all be posted in a message board but what a message boards can’t translate is the experience and the delivery of the story, the actors, the action, the music.
Of course, if the means do not justify the results, in a manner of speaking, then that’s not such a good movie to begin with.
It’s the experience that counts, not just the knowledge.

Ok, to answer you question Spider-Fan:
As far as it concerns me I’m much more interested in the process, not just the results.
I can know the outcome in advance but I don’t walk into a movie theatre to find out about a simple list of plot points.
Exactly, those things can all be posted in a message board but what a message boards can’t translate is the experience and the delivery of the story, the actors, the action, the music.
Of course, if the means do not justify the results, in a manner of speaking, then that’s not such a good movie to begin with.
It’s the experience that counts, not just the knowledge.

But doesn't the knowledge kind of bring down the experience. You may not know how it happens, but you still know. Let me visualize my argument like this for you. Let's say, you know you will meet your future wife at this place on Thursday. You know who she is and where she will be. While the experience may still be great, wouldn't not having thatk nowledge enhance the experience more? I think it would, hence why I try to avoid major plot points and such.

Hmm, not really, if anything it would give me something to look forward to. :oldrazz: But that’s just a bad example I guess.
Here’s another to defend my own point of view:
I’m talking about more in the lines of you know the date of your death maybe even how you will die but till then you have a life to live, as short or as long as it maybe, so you make the best of it, no?

Hmm, not really, if anything it would give me something to look forward to. :oldrazz: But that’s just a bad example I guess.
Here’s another to defend my own point of view:
I’m talking about more in the lines of you know the date of your death maybe even how you will die but till then you have a life to live, as short or as long as it maybe, so you make the best of it, no?

I don't know if enjoying a movie is quite that profound :woot:

But, I don't think it is the same thing. I don't think knowing if X is happening would make me appreciate the Y and Z that come before it. Might make me understand it more, but it doesn't really enhance it. I think you example is bad mostly cause it is life or death, and any person will enjoy their last moments in a way of coping with it (that or do the opposite and wallow in misery), while no one will try and cope with knowing something happening in a movie, and if they do, they are taking it way too seriously :woot:

I don't know if enjoying a movie is quite that profound :woot:
I assure you, a very good movie is that great of an experience to me. I've seen a few. Sadly (1) they are quite rare and (2) Spidey is not one of them.

Also, you wouldn't believe how many people would easily jump into depression and wallow in misery upon knowing their own time of death.
Another would be - Passion of the Christ sucks! I'd rather like to know how Jesus lived, what he believed in and what good deeds he has done rather than just watch how dramatic his death was.

In any case, the point I'm getting at is that a well done movie is not necessarily a one time deal. It's not that simple of a math. You find out about something you will know it forever. But a great movie will still keep you in your seat every time you watch it and will make you want rewatch it every time it ends.

What can I say; I’m that passionate about film.

I assure you, a very good movie is that great of an experience to me. I've seen a few. Sadly (1) they are quite rare and (2) Spidey is not one of them.

Also, you wouldn't believe how many people would easily jump into depression and wallow in misery upon knowing their own time of death.
Another would be - Passion of the Christ sucks! I'd rather like to know how Jesus lived, what he believed in and what good deeds he has done rather than just watch how dramatic his death was.

In any case, the point I'm getting at is that a well done movie is not necessarily a one time deal. It's not that simple of a math. You find out about something you will know it forever. But a great movie will still keep you in your seat every time you watch it and will make you want rewatch it every time it ends.

What can I say; I’m that passionate about film.

I agree that a great movie sticks with you (I can name quite a few that do with me to this day).

As for Jesus movies, I am not a religious person, but I loved The Last Temptation of Christ. Didn't see Passion.

I agree that a great movie sticks with you (I can name quite a few that do with me to this day).
So there's my point - if you know these movies already, why do you keep coming back to them? What is that feeling? It is that feeling that matters most to me in film.

So there's my point - if you know these movies already, why do you keep coming back to them? What is that feeling? It is that feeling that matters most to me in film.

Mostly cause my life is boring :woot:

But seriously, it is mostly because the movie gives you a certain mood. However, I do think that moods in movies are enhanced when I have no prior opinion about that moment either way. Like when I saw that Harry found the Goblin equipment before I saw SM2. That did kind of take away from that moment in the movie for me. It doesn't anymore cause I have seen SM2 countless times, but in that first viewing, it did hurt that specific scene for me.

You do know that if everyone comes back, posters here are gonna make you eat words like this right? Just checking.

I wouldn't be so confident in a recast yet. I still think it is 50/50.

If I'm wrong it wouldn't be a big deal. I'll admit I'm wrong and then continue doing what I've always been doing BUT if I'm right, the lactose products will be in abundance.:oldrazz:

If I'm wrong it wouldn't be a big deal. I'll admit I'm wrong and then continue doing what I've always been doing BUT if I'm right, the lactose products will be in abundance.:oldrazz:

Guess that's the way to do it, lol :woot:

Mostly cause my life is boring :woot:

But seriously, it is mostly because the movie gives you a certain mood. However, I do think that moods in movies are enhanced when I have no prior opinion about that moment either way. Like when I saw that Harry found the Goblin equipment before I saw SM2. That did kind of take away from that moment in the movie for me. It doesn't anymore cause I have seen SM2 countless times, but in that first viewing, it did hurt that specific scene for me.
Well, if you seek that perfect first impression, more power to you.
But I personally never indulged in perfection nor first impressions. My life would’ve been a mess if I cared about those more than I do now. My first viewing of my most favorite movie was a bootleg, with a disgusting dubbing and yet once I got the DVD I was able to experience it fully and will again countless times. Because yes, ultimately, in the grand scheme of things these first impressions matter little to me.
In addition, I have seen enough movies to identify and expect clichés, even question plot points where there is no twist. It’s double the fun for me when I can rethink every situation in advance during a movie. Harry discovering his father’s secret hideout was obvious to me since SM1. If it wouldn’t have happened in SM2, it would’ve in SM3. Just like the first two butler scenes in SM3 told me so much about the infamous butler monologue that eventually came up.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Well, if you seek that perfect first impression, more power to you.
But I personally never indulged in perfection nor first impressions. My life would’ve been a mess if I cared about those more than I do now. My first viewing of my most favorite movie was a bootleg, with a disgusting dubbing and yet once I got the DVD I was able to experience it fully and will again countless times. Because yes, ultimately, in the grand scheme of things these first impressions matter little to me.
In addition, I have seen enough movies to identify and expect clichés, even question plot points where there is no twist. It’s double the fun for me when I can rethink every situation in advance during a movie. Harry discovering his father’s secret hideout was obvious to me since SM1. If it wouldn’t have happened in SM2, it would’ve in SM3. Just like the first two butler scenes in SM3 told me so much about the infamous butler monologue that eventually came up.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I figured and guessed he was gonna find it and be a villain in SM3 after SM1, but I'd rather get the "Booyah, I called it" moment watching the movie.

I figured and guessed he was gonna find it and be a villain in SM3 after SM1, but I'd rather get the "Booyah, I called it" moment watching the movie.
But then technically you did. That ‘spoiler’ just confirmed your guess.

But then technically you did. That ‘spoiler’ just confirmed your guess.

True I was right, but I could have waited another month and a half to find out I was right, lol.

Can't believe this thread is still going....:)

Ten years on, I still feel lucky as a Spidey fan we got such a unique and lovingly-crafted series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"