Spider-Man movie series in retrospect

I love Raimi's spidey movies,and hope he does keep making more of them.But I wish he would of done some things differently in SM3,like:

-Have only two villains.(Hobgoblin/Sandman)

-Lots more character development for Sandman.

-Lots more character development for Brock.

-Leave Gwen out of the movie.

-Not have Peter dance on the streets/jazz club.

-No crane scene.

-More footage of black spidey.

-Have Harry be the Hobgoblin,because:
1.It would of gave Hobgoblin great character development.
2.It would be another classic villain to check off of the list of spidey villains.
3.It would of been a better Goblin trilogy.

-Have black spidey be more sinister,showing him take out regular thugs in a more brutal way.

-Have four major fight scenes:
1.Hobgoblin vs Peter in street clothes at night,where Hobgoblin/Harry gets paralyzed from the neck down and also keeps his memory when he gets clotheslined.
This way he would still have that hatred towards Peter,but he wouldn't be a threat anymore.

2.Spidey vs Sandman in a much longer armor car fight.

-Harry later in the movie is shown to be getting better by being able to move more of his body as time goes by.

3.Black spidey vs Sandman inside a museum.After Sandman grabs a valuable item in the museum,the alarm goes off which cause the cops,reporters,and (black)spidey to show up.

(Black) spidey and Sandman fight inside the museum,then out onto the streets in front of the museum,then across the street at a construction site.

A scene of Harry at his house where we see he is completly healed now,and Harry sees (black)spidey on the news and suits up to go confront him.

Back at the construction site (black)spidey and Sandman fight for awhile until Hobgoblin shows up at the construction site to join in the battle to help Sandman kill (black)spidey

During the fight,black spidey jumps onto Hobgoblin's glider and they throw punches,head butts,elbows,etc,until black spidey throws Hobgoblin off of his glider and Hobgoblin lands on a fire escape to a nearby apartment building.

While black spidey is on the Hobgoblin's glider mocking him,giant Sandman comes up behind black spidey,and tries to pound black spidey with his giant sand fist.

Black spidey leaps out of the way just in time,and sticks to the wall of the apartment building above the fire escape Hobgoblin is on.(The Hobgoblin's glider gets thrashed from the giant sand fist)

(When black spidey threw Hobgoblin off of his glider,black spidey also ripped Hobgoblin's belt off of him during it,the belt holds the Hobgoblin's pumpkin bombs,instead of the glider)

Then black spidey turns all of them on at the same time and throws the belt with the pumpkin bombs at giant Sandman.Giant Sandman explodes and lands on top of the construction site building behind him.Sandman wounded,and back to regular size can barely move.

Then black spidey leaps off of the apartment building and lands on top of the construction site building to finish off Sandman.But black spidey hears the sound of Hobgoblin's glider and turns around,Black spidey is standing on the edge of the construction site building as black spidey sees the Hobgoblin retreating from the fight,because the Hobgoblin's glider is damaged,he has no more pumpkin bombs,his other weapons were also destroyed,and his partner the Sandman can barely move anymore from the side effects of too much sand shifting.

As black spidey is watching Hobgoblin fly away,Sandman gains all the strength that he has to form a sand mace out of his right hand and makes his way over to black spidey.

Before the sand mace hits black spidey in the back of the head,black spidey flips in the air over Sandman and shoots two webs,one on each side of Sandman,and black spidey web zips himself back down into the back of Sandman.

The two go freefalling and fighting on the way down(like how spidey and Venom did in the original movie).Before they hit the ground black spidey shoots a web and swings to safety as Sandman splatters on the ground.

Sandman's lower body is just a pile of sand,and Sandman is hurt bad.Black spidey is on top of a cement truck that is parked next to Sandman.Black spidey says a few words to Sandman before black spidey rips off the cement container the truck is carrying and lifts it over his head and pours the cement over Sandman.

4.Back at the Goblin's lair you see Harry arming himself as fast as he can,knowing that black spidey is gonna show up any minute to finish the fight.

(During this fight Harry is in the Hobgoblin costume,except for the latex mask,and Peter is wearing the black spidey costume except for the mask.
And the fight ends when Peter throws a pumpkin bomb at Harry.

-Peter goes to the church to take off the symbiote because he thinks it made him kill Harry.

-And the movie ends seeing Brock turn into Venom.

Then SM4 would be about redemption.

You know, as for Sam working on any future Spider-Man films. I think I've just had enough of his vision. Things really should be moving on and introduce other directors and actors. Otherwise it’s just a redundant monopoly.
Time to progress in life, try other things.

I look back and remember how exciting a time it was while waiting for the first Spider-Man movie. And then the same for Spider-Man 2 and 3. People were going crazy posting spoilers or even a glimpse at the characters. Everybody had their own ideas of what should and shouldn't be done, and sooner or later SM-4 is going to roll around and I'm sure the process will start all over again. But I think i'm going to try to avoid that storm and when I go see SM-4 in theaters, it'll be a better experience. But only time will tell.

I always avoided major spoilers about the SM movies on here...when things get serious, and people just can't make a post without posting spoilers not in tags, I just leave this area of the board till I see the movie.

I always avoided major spoilers about the SM movies on here...when things get serious, and people just can't make a post without posting spoilers not in tags, I just leave this area of the board till I see the movie.

Agreed, I'm going to try to avoid this forum until I see the movie.

I think it leads to an all around, better movie experience.

Agreed, I'm going to try to avoid this forum until I see the movie.

I think it leads to an all around, better movie experience.

It does...the one spoiler I did catch before I saw the movie was Harry with a goblin mask before SM2...I was really mad about that, cause it wasn't in tags or anything. After that, I avoided this place all together before I saw SM2, and used that formula for SM3.

I plan on doing the same for SM4. I want to know who is in, villains, basic story, etc. What I don't want to know are major things like Venom is blown up...knowing stuff like that will hurt the theater going experience.

You know, from my own experience, I can know all there is to know about a movie but no spoiler can translate the following feelings:
1) Seeing it on screen for the first time;
2) The quality of acting;
3) Dialogue and scene delivery;
Knowing what the movie will be about in advance doesn't ruin it for me. Heck, we all knew half of the first Spider-Man already.
What matters is the quality and the delivery - if done well, you'll still gonna be amazed, whether you knew it or not.
That tells me a lot about how average these movies are.

I was on this forum A LOT for the first Spidey, X2 and BB...but I didn't post here much and outside of Harry finding the mask (like above) and of course Spider-Man: No More, I went into SM2 cold and it was an awesome experience. I got super hyped for SM3 but it dropped hard. still I like the movie.

I look back and remember how exciting a time it was while waiting for the first Spider-Man movie. And then the same for Spider-Man 2 and 3. People were going crazy posting spoilers or even a glimpse at the characters. Everybody had their own ideas of what should and shouldn't be done, and sooner or later SM-4 is going to roll around and I'm sure the process will start all over again. But I think i'm going to try to avoid that storm and when I go see SM-4 in theaters, it'll be a better experience. But only time will tell.
Since i wasn't posting around the time of the first movie, i can't really tell but i always felt the build up to the films was always more exciting than the actual films themselves.

Since i wasn't posting around the time of the first movie, i can't really tell but i always felt the build up to the films was always more exciting than the actual films themselves.
That's exactly my point.
If the movies were really that great as people make up them to be then the hype would surely justify it.

to be fair, their marketing strategies are pretty damn good. I always get worried when a marketing campaign is over the top because it usually gives the impression they dont have enough faith in the product to sell itself.

spidey 2 and 3's as well as the last stand were just TOO good.

I personally thought the first spidey movie had the best trailer (the who am I) trailer was visually poetic but the movie itself turned out to be anothe story...which was the case for the sequels too.

I get that Marketing these movies is a must but their campaigns are too much and unwarrented, not to mention the money they could have saved would have better attributed to the movies themselves.

Also, are these access behind the scenes footage as part of the hype build up really necessary??

This only proves to me that these movies are primarily made as a money making instrument as opposed to primarily being a product to entertain the people.

I get that Marketing these movies is a must but their campaigns are too much and unwarrented, not to mention the money they could have saved would have better attributed to the movies themselves.

This only proves to me that these movies are primarily made as a money making instrument as opposed to primarily being a product to entertain the people.
Well, the people in 'the business' think of those two words as practically synonyms.
That's why I can't take these kind of movies seriously.

I can't stop myself from seeing spoilers. It's like I'm a magnet to it. However, if there is a scene from the film that somebody recorded in the theatre and the film is like two weeks away from being in theatre's, then I could wait. I'm prepared for the Spidey4 hype, which should be happening soon and I'm really excited about it.

Well, we'll see how excited you are when they announce a new cast.

Is that all you can concentrate on? you make it sound like we are defeintley getting a new cast. Let me ask you this, what will you do if the cast and crew return?

What do you mean is that all I can concentrate on?? Have you been paying attention to this thread? Have you seen my posts and the discussions I've had here? Evidently not.

I'll do what I've been doing for the majority of my time here since 2003...and that's moan about it until they either learn to get things right or wait it out until we get a new cast, which doesn't seem like the imposibile senario you make it out to be.

I wish I could see the look in your face but I'll have to settle for your responses and attitude when it's announced that TMags won't be back but I'm almost certain that, you'll get over it rather quickly and continue to be your overzealous self.

I don't know if I can handle Kirsten as MJ for another movie.

yes, but if anything she slows the plot down. unnecessary for the film.

What? If anything, Gwen adds something new to the Peter/MJ romance. She could easily fill the gap Harry left.

I can't stop myself from seeing spoilers. It's like I'm a magnet to it. However, if there is a scene from the film that somebody recorded in the theatre and the film is like two weeks away from being in theatre's, then I could wait. I'm prepared for the Spidey4 hype, which should be happening soon and I'm really excited about it.

I am glad I have self control when it comes to these things. People went into SM3 knowing most of the movie, and I can't see the fun in that. If you know everything that is gonna happen, how do you fully enjoy it?

You do know that if everyone comes back, posters here are gonna make you eat words like this right? Just checking.

I wouldn't be so confident in a recast yet. I still think it is 50/50.

I am glad I have self control when it comes to these things. People went into SM3 knowing most of the movie, and I can't see the fun in that. If you know everything that is gonna happen, how do you fully enjoy it?

You do know that if everyone comes back, posters here are gonna make you eat words like this right? Just checking.

I wouldn't be so confident in a recast yet. I still think it is 50/50.

you know, although I read every spoiler on the film, I was still surprised by Venom's death.

you know, although I read every spoiler on the film, I was still surprised by Venom's death.

Was that spoiled? I didn't check.

How do you guys enjoy that? Wouldn't you rather experience the movie in the theater rather than what someone posts on a message board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"