Sony Spin-Off Spider-Man Noir Series

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so mods, if it's not in the right section, please do move it.

On that note, this has my curiosity.

The untitled series will follow an older, grizzled superhero in 1930s New York City. An individual with knowledge of the project says that the show will be set in its own universe and the main character will not be Peter Parker.

Hmmm.

Welp, nevermind. Sony gonna Sony.

I wonder if there's something in the Sony-Marvel contract preventing them from using Peter in live-action as long as they're still doing Peter in the MCU.
Though I think it's not as important for it to be Peter here imo. Other universes often have other people like Miguel, Gwen, Hobie, etc. If in this universe someone else gets the Spider Idol but otherwise fills the role of Spider-Man Noir it's not necessarily a huge deal to me (depending of course on what else they do with it).

Not being Peter Parker aside, I'm more open to giving a chance than a lot of the other Sony projects. For one this is distinctly it's own universe so theres doesn't have to be any beating around the bush about is it the MCU or not....is Andrew or Tobey the Spider-Man in this world? etc...
And two, because it's it's own thing, they don't have to worry about tieing it into anything else. Just focus telling a good story in it's own little world.

This is what Sony should have focused on doing since they first made the deal with Disney to have Spider-Man in the MCU. If you're letting them use the main Peter Parker, then do a 2099 movie or something else distinct. Not villain movies. But if this turns out good, it's at least a step in the right direction. I'll still temper my expectations though :oldrazz:

Also just thought that there might be higher ups who don't want to have a Peter Parker who uses a gun, even if it is against nazis. We know even in the original 1999 deal Marvel forbade Sony from making Peter smoke or abuse alcohol, from making him not straight, white, middle-class, etc. I could see there being some rule from somewhere, whether it's from the original deal with Marvel or from Sony higher ups, that Peter may never wield a gun or shoot someone. If they want noir to have his gun that could play a role too.

Last edited:
Also just thought that there might be higher ups who don't want to have a Peter Parker who uses a gun, even if it is against nazis. We know even in the original 1999 deal Marvel forbade Sony from making Peter smoke or abuse alcohol, from making him not straight, white, middle-class, etc. I could see there being some rule from somewhere, whether it's from the original deal with Marvel or from Sony higher ups, that Peter may never wield a gun or shoot someone. If they want noir to have his gun that could play a role too.
Yeah that's a good point. Im gonna have to dig around for some of those Sony leaks.

This sounds interesting and like what Sony should've been doing from the beginning. Show us different Spider-people across the Spider-Verse. But I think the Venom box office was all they could see so they doubled down on that, despite the obviously limited potential for world-building.

This sounds interesting and like what Sony should've been doing from the beginning. Show us different Spider-people across the Spider-Verse. But I think the Venom box office was all they could see so they doubled down on that, despite the obviously limited potential for world-building.
Yep. Also this way there isn't as much issue with double dipping in villains and supporting characters. The co-existence of the MCU and SUoMC has led to Venom having no relation to Spider-Man and Kraven being off-limits to the MCU. But if they're doing different universes it would actually be interesting to see those universe's versions of villains we've seen before like Green Goblin, Vulture, Doc Ock, Electro, etc. since they're significantly different interpretations from the originals.

That said, I think a mob boss villain like Hammerhead would be a cool villain to start with since we've not seen him before and he fits well in a noir setting.
D9kd6af.png

I also wonder if a Noir project would allow Sony to use a version of Swarm. The original 616 nazi-made-of-bees Fritz von Meyer wasn't originally a Spider-Man villain so Sony probably doesn't have him. But in the Spider-Verse comics they introduced the Noir universe character Madame Sturm AKA Madame Swarm, who is that universe's bee nazi. I think Sony should be able to use her right?

Last edited:
I also wonder if a Noir project would allow Sony to use a version of Swarm. The original 616 nazi-made-of-bees Fritz von Meyer wasn't originally a Spider-Man villain so Sony probably doesn't have him. But in the Spider-Verse comics they introduced the Noir universe character Madame Sturm AKA Madame Swarm, who is that universe's bee nazi. I think Sony should be able to use her right?
Last I checked, Swarm is on the list of villains Sony can use.

I just don't see that working out. Will believe it when I see it.

Hmmm, doesn't seem to have been much development since the last time he was announced to be in talks for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"