Spider-Man (PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how game development works so does this mean that it's still a looooong ways off?

Who knows, could just be that they need some animators to touch some stuff up or yeeeaaah they're a long way off and Sony announced this game too early. Hopefully it's just to touch stuff up.

Mike Yosh, the lead animator for Uncharted 2, 4 and Last of Us who is also now working on Spider-Man PS4 tweeted that they are hiring animators for the game.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Yosh/status/818587245615534080
Probably best Spidey game, it's too soon to tell if it will be the best superhero game.

I don't know how game development works so does this mean that it's still a looooong ways off?
The probability of taking more time before the game gets released is higher than before, the necessity of this meaning release time will extend longer is not that clear.

I still expect it to come out this year, personally. Probably during August - November. Somewhere around there.

Or hell, maybe the next trailer will be like: SPIDER-MAN COMING 2023.

Wonder what he means? Somehow I doubt we'll get anything substantial from it.

He'll probably be talking about partnerships that Marvel has with other developers. Maybe not specifics on games but how their overall strategy is going forward. Might give hints as to what we can expect next

He'll probably be talking about partnerships that Marvel has with other developers. Maybe not specifics on games but how their overall strategy is going forward. Might give hints as to what we can expect next

Yeah, pretty much this.

If we're lucky, we might get those "behind the scenes" interviews with some of the developers from Insomniac and we'll get to see their fancy computer monitors, but I don't think we'll see much more from ol' Spidey.

I do hope they at least hint at what's next. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan. But him and Batman are the only two superheroes to ever get video games anymore. I really wanna see where Marvel goes next. A true Cap game would be fantastic.

I do hope they at least hint at what's next. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan. But him and Batman are the only two superheroes to ever get video games anymore. I really wanna see where Marvel goes next. A true Cap game would be fantastic.

A Doctor Strange game would be the bomb! Though that might be difficult to make into gameplay. I was hoping for a Thor game before last E3 but it looks like I'm getting that fix from God of War. Kinda

A Doctor Strange game would be the bomb! Though that might be difficult to make into gameplay. I was hoping for a Thor game before last E3 but it looks like I'm getting that fix from God of War. Kinda

I have for a while now imagined this kind of Dr. Strange game where Sanctum Sanctorum is your base from which you enter other worlds and dimensions. Think of it like the warp rooms in the old Crash Bandicoot games, though not cartoony of course. Have Dr. Strange need to collect powerful artifacts or the like from each dimension to beat whoever is invading our own dimension.

I need a new Iron Man and Captain America game in my life.

Yeah, I'm doubting we'll see anything until E3. Or they can drop something on their own without an event.

I need a new Iron Man and Captain America game in my life.

Yeah, I'm doubting we'll see anything until E3. Or they can drop something on their own without an event.

I hope someone is also developing an AAA Avengers game with playable Cap,Iron Man,Thor and Hulk.

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is currently on sale on PSN for $5. Im tempted in getting it as that was the last Spider-man game I can say I actually loved

An AAA third person X-Men game would be a dream come true! Unfortunately Marvel won't let us have it with their childish "No X-Men" policy!

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is currently on sale on PSN for $5. Im tempted in getting it as that was the last Spider-man game I can say I actually loved

It's the last Spider-Man game I enjoyed as well, and the only one I had enjoyed since Spider-Man 2 (haven't played Ultimate). While I hated the weird combat moves like giant web hands and the like, it had charm like no other Spider-Man-game since the ones on PS1.

I have for a while now imagined this kind of Dr. Strange game where Sanctum Sanctorum is your base from which you enter other worlds and dimensions. Think of it like the warp rooms in the old Crash Bandicoot games, though not cartoony of course. Have Dr. Strange need to collect powerful artifacts or the like from each dimension to beat whoever is invading our own dimension.

That's a pretty good idea. Adding to that, Sanctum Sanctorum should also be a full detailed model of the place with tons of easter eggs and ways to have light hearted fun (like mini games and such) between jumping to levels

on another topic: it's said that in about 10 years or so we get to enjoy fully photorealistic games (which at first sounds far fetched but then again not when you look back at the achievements done in the last 10 years), so I really hope we get photorealistic remasters of games like this, with added content of course

An AAA third person X-Men game would be a dream come true! Unfortunately Marvel won't let us have it with their childish "No X-Men" policy!

It's the last Spider-Man game I enjoyed as well, and the only one I had enjoyed since Spider-Man 2 (haven't played Ultimate). While I hated the weird combat moves like giant web hands and the like, it had charm like no other Spider-Man-game since the ones on PS1.

Oh Man,find a copy of Ultimate Spider-Man. Totally worth it.

Last edited:
My favorite spidey game. So I co-sign to that.

My favorite spidey game. So I co-sign to that.

Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
X-Men Legends 1 & 2
Ultimate Destruction
Ultimate Alliance

Those were the God-tier superhero videogames back in the pre-Arkham days. :')

I played all those games except X-Men Legends 2. I've always regretted that.

I played all those games except X-Men Legends 2. I've always regretted that.

You should find it super cheap on PC. It's still tons of fun.

I also remember enjoying the 2005 Fantastic 4 tie-in a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"