World Spider-Man's Stance in CIVIL WAR

As long as he switches half way I'm cool with it. Just seems kind of strange to be hunting those who don't reveal their identity's to the goverment, while keeping your own secret identity intact at the same time

yeah, that's something i really don't understand. this a man who has tried to keep his identity under cover forever and yet, he seems like he's on stark's side. which is another thing, i hate the way they portray peter (spidey) with starks as his boss. spidey doesnt seem the type to be calling someone "boss".

like citizen_kaine said, maybe he'll switch half way through the civil war.

My ten cents are fully in agreement with you all. It's out of character for Peter and it makes it seem like he's becoming Tony Stark's sidekick. Stark may gurantee him some sense of safety, but knowing his history and knack for creating and getting in trouble, that protection can easily fall hard on everyone around him.

Here's to hoping for that switch.

The armor seems to be tied into that as well. Hopefully, he'll ditch it and join Captain America's side and do what he needs to do for his own safety.

...........is again, completely out of character.

JMS is a tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPider-Man is written as a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Quesada keeps keeping his cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the fans that realize this are perceived as mules (definition 3- a stubborn person).

Well I'm a MULE (Stubborn, not the drug related one...) and Damn proud! JMS and Quesada need to pull their heads out of their asses and accept the reality that they are doing to spidey SUCKS!!!

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
Well I'm a MULE (Stubborn, not the drug related one...) and Damn proud! JMS and Quesada need to pull their heads out of their asses and accept the reality that they are doing to spidey SUCKS!!!
agreed doc
btw dis you find the ryu figure yet if not pm me

I always thought when Pete calls Stark 'boss' he was being somewhat sarcastic. He's so rich and gives the impression that he thinks he can buy anyone, I just figured Peter started it as a joke and it just kind of stuck.

But the thing is he is working side by side with him. No joking about it present. At least anymore.

TwilightPro101 said:
But the thing is he is working side by side with him. No joking about it present. At least anymore.
That's the point. He's working with him, so he sarcastically refers to him as "Boss."

It's a throwback joke to the 50s. Which I believe Spidey has been known to joke around with.

But the main problem is the fact that Peter is working with him. It's like he's being swept up into this world, that has just been given to him by the Avenger's and he thinks he has everything he needs right there within reach. Given he's still got his troubles going on - it's just a bit awkward...okay more than a bit awkward for Peter to side with him then again having someone to aspire to be is a strong enough in its own right, but in a way it's really going against his character in CW.

"That's the point. He's working with him, so he sarcastically refers to him as "Boss."
It's a throwback joke to the 50s. Which I believe Spidey has been known to joke around with."

Good point. It's a joke. He doesn't really think of him as his boss, per say. His delima (I can't spell anything today) is that he feels guilty that Stark is paying for all this stuff for him (not just the million dollar suit, but putting up housing and expenses for not just him, but his family.) Now you all know Pete. He would feel indebted to this guy. THAT'S why he's on his side. And eventually, he's going to realize that he's going against his own morals and switch.

I still take it as a joke by Peter that just kind of stuck. I mean when I look at his interactions with the New Avengers he always does his wisecracks and stuff to cover up the awkwardness. He's had that defense mechanism going for years, its just how he deals. You can tell he's out of place on that team and he knows it. He doesnt have any kind of spy or soldier background like some of the others. Peter definitely feels like he owes Stark some loyalty for everything Tony's done. Suit, housing, etc. Its all stuff he'd never be able to do on his own, to the level Stark takes it I mean. Hell Wolverine's a guy's guy but he's lived in the mansion with the XMen, so hes use to that kind of thing. Pete doesnt really get to live the good life. Calling Stark "boss" seems less humiliating than calling him "sir" and a bit more personal than "Mr Stark". Pete's just too good a guy to go "You gave my family and I a roof over or heads and some money in my pocket, so Id like to tell you I think youre Iron Spidey design makes me look like a tool. Red and Yellow? My wife's in the fashion industry! If I stand next to her in this she'll divorce me!". If he does have an outburst its usually after being provoked or from bottling things up. Hopefully by the end of the Civil War thing he'll be on his own again.

Here's what I don't understand:

You guys are saying that Spidey's trying to keep his idenity when Stark is trying to make everyone reveal theirs, yet in ASM, Stark is the one trying to stop the legislation in the first place.

Am I the only one who finds that f**king strange? :confused:

MaskedManJRK said:
Here's what I don't understand:

You guys are saying that Spidey's trying to keep his idenity when Stark is trying to make everyone reveal theirs, yet in ASM, Stark is the one trying to stop the legislation in the first place.

Am I the only one who finds that f**king strange? :confused:
as i understand it tonys going along with the resistration to furtherhia plans for a global superhero team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"