World Spider-Man's Video Games

Enter Electro was less groundbreaking, but no less fun IMO. It wasn't as good a game, but very enjoyable. Plus some new features...first free roam "open world" Spidey I think!

One thing I felt hindered the first game was you couldn't touch the ground due to the toxic air. One I felt benefited the second game was that you could actually be in New York, even for a brief moment. Loved playing basketball for fun. :funny:

I loved the new music they added too, and how they improved the graphics with the PS1's hardware to show Spidey's web design on his suit which you could previously only see with the first game on PC and I think Dreamcast? I'm not 100%.

Accurate, and I fully agree with the first portion. :D

I'd go with two: the SNES version of Maximum Carnage and Ultimate Spider-Man.

I don't say Spider-Man 2 because it's got a huge problem. First off, the swinging is absolutely amazing and with the max upgrades, you really do feel like Spider-Man swinging in an open New York city.

But the open world gameplay is the game's biggest weakness as much as it is a strength because of the plot. As you know, the further along you get in the story, the more Hero Points you need to progress the plot. And swinging around the city to rack up small increments of points to further the story grows tiresome. With Ultimate, it's similar, but not only are the point totals smaller, the city is much smaller and confined.

I can appreciate how ambitious Spider-Man 2 was at the time and it's still fun to pop in, climb to the highest point, jump down and swing at the last second, but as you get closer to the end-game, swinging around loses its luster.

My favourite ones are PS1 games and Spider-Man 2 game.

I think these two are pretty much a consensus lock for 1a and 1b.

I enjoy them and am so glad we have them, but it sucks that we haven't had anything to top them in the 16 years and 12 years respectively since they came out. :csad:

Hopefully Spider-Man PS4 changes that!!!

I think these two are pretty much a consensus lock for 1a and 1b.

I enjoy them and am so glad we have them, but it sucks that we haven't had anything to top them in the 16 years and 12 years respectively since they came out. :csad:

Hopefully Spider-Man PS4 changes that!!!

I'm very hopeful Spider-Man PS4 will be great. The new suit, the older, experienced Spider-Man, Norman running for mayor, Mister Negative, etc. etc. Loads of potential! :spidey:

Spider-Man 2 movie game and Ultimate are by far 1 and 2 best. I also thought shatterd demenisns was really good but not great like Spider-Man 2 and ultimate where.

I'm very hopeful Spider-Man PS4 will be great. The new suit, the older, experienced Spider-Man, Norman running for mayor, Mister Negative, etc. etc. Loads of potential! :spidey:

I'm really excited to see the possibilities.

Heck, I'm so hype I'm buying my first gaming console since the PS2 lol

Ultimate Spider-Man definitively my favorite. So many great memories with that game.

Ultimate Spider-Man definitively my favorite. So many great memories with that game.

Not my favorite game (up there in my top 5 for sure) but the Wolverine/Venom fight is so ridiculously good. I still can't believe we got to play that in a licensed video game.

I'm a bit confused as to why some people say the Spider-Man movie game for the PS2 is a spiritual successor of sorts to Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

Can anyone explain this for me?

Other than the swing mechanics, there aren't very many similarities, IMO.

Linear stage system, web combat, and types of collectibles for health and web refills.
I'll also add the cheat system, training, and stuff.

Did/do you think it's weird that Spider-Man: The Movie was rated E when the movie was rated PG-13? I actually misremembered for a while that the game had been rated T, that would be pretty expected given the film rating, and also that the movie game sequels were rated T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"