Spielberg And Jackson team-up for Tintin

Antonello Blueberry

Inglorious bastard
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20387
tintinmovies.jpg
Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are teaming to direct and produce three back-to-back features based on Georges Remi's beloved Belgian comic-strip hero Tintin for DreamWorks, reports Variety. The films will be produced in full digital 3-D using performance capture technology.

The two filmmakers will each direct at least one of the movies; the studio wouldn't say which director would helm the third. Kathleen Kennedy joins Spielberg and Jackson as a producer on the three films, which might be released through DreamWorks Animation.

Tintin has long been a passion project for Spielberg, who has been trying to get film rights to the comedic and adventurous book series for more than 25 years, a goal realized over the past year. With the rights in place, Spielberg, Jackson and DreamWorks began quietly developing the project.

Jackson's New Zealand-based WETA Digital, the f/x house behind "The Lord of the Rings" franchise, produced a 20-minute test reel bringing to life the characters created by Remi, who wrote under the pen name of Hergé.

"Hergé's characters have been reborn as living beings, expressing emotion and a soul which goes far beyond anything we've seen to date with computer animated characters," Spielberg said.

"We want Tintin's adventures to have the reality of a live-action film, and yet Peter and I felt that shooting them in a traditional live-action format would simply not honor the distinctive look of the characters and world that Hergé created," Spielberg continued.

Spielberg and Jackson have selected three stories from Remi's "The Adventures of Tintin" series, which encompassed 23 books published between 1929 and 1976. The series still attracts 2 million new fans a year.

Series, which has sold more than 200 million copies worldwide, chronicles adventures of a junior reporter who will follows stories to the ends of the earth, even though he often finds his own life in jeopardy. His able assistants include a white dog named Snowy, the lunatic Captain Haddock, the muddled genius Professor Calculus and the Thompson Twins.

Jackson said WETA will stay true to Remi's original designs in bringing the cast of Tintin to life, but that the characters won't look cartoonish.

"Instead," Jackson said, "we're making them look photorealistic; the fibers of their clothing, the pores of their skin and each individual hair. They look exactly like real people --but real Hergé people!"

sweet baby jesus... this is going to f**king rock!!!

The way Spielberg describes how they're going to look, this could be very good or creepy as hell.

Should this be on the misc. films forum also, as it might not get a lot of views in here. :o

The way Spielberg describes how they're going to look, this could be very good or creepy as hell.

Should this be on the misc. films forum also, as it might not get a lot of views in here. :o
If we move all the interesting threads elsewhere (like we did for Wanted) this forum will stay dead forever.

Sounds interesting. I love the comics. Hope they don't screw them up.

Spielberg has been trying to make a Tintin movie since the 80's, and his first choice....absolutely true...

christopher-lambert02.jpg

Christopher Lambert!!

And get this, Spielberg used some of the storyboards drawn for Tintin in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I never believed the Lambert thing.
There's a rumor instead that Frank Darabont might be working on the project.

Well, actually ... Tom's on the case as Tintin
By BAZ BAMIGBOYE - More by this author » Last updated at 00:54am on 21st March 2008

Thomas Sangster

Thomas Sangster might be studying for his A-Levels but that hasn't stopped him signing up for a trilogy of Tintin films

A London schoolboy studying for his A-levels is about to sign up to play comic book hero Tintin in a trilogy of films to be directed by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson.

Thomas Sangster, 17, from South London, has already been to Los Angeles to work on preproduction test sequences with both directors.

Sangster, you may recall, was the lad who starred in the Richard Curtis film comedy Love Actually, where Liam Neeson played his stepdad and his leading co-stars were Emma Thompson and Bill Nighy (who, actually, walked off with the picture).

Anyway, Sangster, who possesses mesmerising eyes, was good in the movie.

Soon after, he did Nanny McPhee, starring again with Emma Thompson, and that was also a hit.

At the end of this month, he begins working with Oscar-winning director Jane Campion on her film Bright Star, a love story with Ben Whishaw and Abbie Cornish portraying John Keats and his lover Fanny Brawne.

The Tintin film, though, is shrouded in secrecy - to a most frustrating degree.

Sangster's London agent refused to respond to multiple telephone messages.

However, on the agent's website there's chatter about Sangster being in the middle of his A-levels but that, despite this, he would be flying "to LA for preproduction of his next project . . . watch this space".

Spielberg's spokesman Marvin Levy said he couldn't comment on Sangster because the film's production team weren't available.

An executive who worked with Sangster in Los Angeles recently told me: "Thomas seems to be the one.

"He was just great, but I'm not certain if anything has been finalised yet."

One thing that is certain is that Andy Serkis has been cast as Tintin's sidekick Captain Haddock.

Filming on the first story involving Tintin begins in the autumn, with Spielberg directing. Peter Jackson will make the second movie.

I've heard various tales about the third film: some say Spielberg and Jackson will direct it together; others claim that James Cameron, who made Titanic, will be at the helm.

Last night, everyone involved was in lockdown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...oye.html?in_article_id=541070&in_page_id=1794

I still say they should have casted me :csad:

IamTinTin.jpg

I've never seen the appeal of Tin-Tin. I really just don't get it - that said, with Spielberg on board, I don't think the fans have too much to worry about.

Tintin is one of the greatest comic book series of all time. I've had the whole collection of albums since I was a little kid, and they still make for great re-reading today.

It's thrilling that two of the best blockbuster filmmakers of all time have joined forces to make this Tintin trilogy. I just hope the mo-cap animation comes out well and doesn't fall prey to the uncanny valley. Part of me wishes that they were just doing this as a straightforward live action adaptation, but hopefully my doubts will be swept away in time.

A TINTIN movie is a complex project ! Because is a very famous comic-book in europe, france ..... the caracters is a little bit complex too ! he never had a relation with a women, so a movie whithout love in 2008 is strange !

But i'm sure the movie will be great ! :) :) :): :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"