Transformers Spielberg to appear in 'Transformers' documentary(dvd cover +site!!)

xwolverine2

Arkham Assassin
Reaction score
from spielbergfilms .com
Spielberg to appear in 'Transformers' documentary
While not news about one of Spielberg's projects as director, fans may be interested to know that Steven Spielberg will be appearing in a featurette on a new, upcoming (November 7) DVD release of the 1986 animated feature "Transformers The Movie."

Spielberg, along with Michael Bay (the director of the upcoming live-action feature "Transformers") will give fans a behind-the-scene look at next summer's DreamWorks/Paramount release that'll bring the battling Autobots and Decipticons to life in our world through the magic of CGI. Besides giving fans a look at the making of "Transformers," Spielberg and Bay will "share their vision and passion for 'Tranformers'" on this 20th anniversary DVD celebration of the cartoon feature.

For more information about the release of "Transformers The Movie," check out the DVD's official website. For more information about next July 4th's theatrical release of the Spielberg-produced "Transformers," check out the film's official website.

dvd cover availble here!!
http://www.spielbergfilms.com/general/989

DVD SITE HERE
http://www.transformersthemoviedvd.com/

hell yeah!!:eek: :up:

dvd features:

-16 X 9 WIDESCREEN PRESENTATION * which has not been seen anywhere since the movie was in theaters 20 years ago.

-AUTOBOT MATRIX OF KNOWLEDGE PRESENTATION * Truly showcasing the pop culture phenomenon that is THE TRANSFORMERS, SONY BMG has created a special version of the film for the DVD release. The Autobot Matrix of Knowledge will feature trivia and fun facts about the movie itself, the TRANSFORMERS brand, and the pop culture references in which TRANSFORMERS has been spoofed/tributed. Approximately 100 fun facts will show up on screen throughout the movie. Many of the factoids were provided by fans through a special DVD site created by Sony BMG to solicit input -- marking the first time that the huge TRANSFORMERS fan base has ever been asked to participate in the creation of a TRANSFORMERS home entertainment release.

-FULL SCREEN EDITION

SPECIAL FEATURES
Brilliantly remastered and color-corrected!
Limited Edition 2-DVD set!
New 16 x 9 widescreen version
Exclusive interviews and commentaries

Full list coming soon!

THERE IS widescreen.......REAL widescreen!!!!!!!

the site features split screen comparisons of original and new!

Yeah, its widescreen. But its going to be a cropped widescreen version of a movie that was originally released fullscreen.

nosebleed said:
Yeah, its widescreen. But its going to be a cropped widescreen version of a movie that was originally released fullscreen.
they have a video to show you...

does anyone have the original fullscreen version to compare?

nosebleed said:
There was video at Comic-con that compared the two...lemme try to find it.

edit: here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsC8E6yjmgY
you can see how the remastered version is cropped compared to the original.
no i think that was just to show how they remastered the color and such...

why would they have widescreen AND fullscreen on the same dvd with widescreen being cut?..thats stupid

xwolverine2 said:
no i think that was just to show how they remastered the color and such...

why would they have widescreen AND fullscreen on the same dvd with widescreen being cut?..thats stupid

They were comparing colors but you can tell from the remastered version that it is cropped. I'm sure that is from the widescreen version. And nobody said they'd have both on the same dvd...where'd you get that from? :confused:

xwolverine2 said:
dvd features:

THERE IS widescreen.......REAL widescreen!!!!!!!

the site features split screen comparisons of original and new!

For the love of god...how many times do we have to go over this? The original animation was drawn at a "fullscreen" ratio. That is the way the film was created...in order to see the full image that was originally drawn you have to see it in 4:3...a 16:9 image is cropped. If you were to find an authentic original animation cell from the film you would be looking at a 4:3 scale image. there is no other way to word this...there is no special secret drawing that exists beyond the edges of the original animation cell that they have magically pulled out of their asses for your enjoyment. Their comparison is hype, pure and simple propaganda for gullible fans.

I just checked the official site for the DVD, and their 16:9 sample shows that it is cropped. Right after Optimus says "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" and transforms you can see the screen cuts off right at the top of the trailer, there is no sky visable behind the top of his trailer...in the original version you can see sky between the top of his trailer and the top of the screen. That is extremely distracting, and ruins the original composition of a pivotal scene.

Funny how the DVD cover art emphasizes Optimus and the other Transformers from the first season, rather than the original movie poster which prominently featured Ultra Magnus, Galvatron and the other 'new' transformers at that time.

Obviously, that's a tie in to the live action movie.

image02.jpg

I like the new cover better. Definitely going to get this!

Hard to believe it has been 20 years! I feel so old!!!

Psionic Force said:
Hard to believe it has been 20 years! I feel so old!!!

Don't even get me started...*puts teeth back in*.

nosebleed said:
They were comparing colors but you can tell from the remastered version that it is cropped. I'm sure that is from the widescreen version. And nobody said they'd have both on the same dvd...where'd you get that from? :confused:
it says it in the thing i posted.........

-16 X 9 WIDESCREEN PRESENTATION * which has not been seen anywhere since the movie was in theaters 20 years ago.
-FULL SCREEN EDITION

I can't remember what the movie was originally filmed in, but it was neither true widescreen, or full screen. It had to be cropped either way. I don't know why they don't just release an OAR version instead of widescreeen, because for the most part people who are widescreen fans are fans of seeing the whole movie, not fans of it being widescreen.

Oerwinde said:
I can't remember what the movie was originally filmed in, but it was neither true widescreen, or full screen. It had to be cropped either way. I don't know why they don't just release an OAR version instead of widescreeen, because for the most part people who are widescreen fans are fans of seeing the whole movie, not fans of it being widescreen.

The negative is 1:33 to 1, though the debate rages on about what the animators intended the audience to see. This was made during the time that matting was still done by the projectionists in most theaters. Some prints were sent to theaters prematted, and from what I gather only one of those prints still exists. An original aspect ratio release would show unfinshed lines and bleeds that were meant to be matted out. The best transfer that I have seen that preserve the most information and retains dynamic compositions for Transformers the Movie was a 4:3 transfer. The VHS sucked because it went the pan and scan route, from a theatrical matte transfer. The Rhino DVD, even with all it's faults provided the best aspect transfer available so far.

bluejake01 said:
The negative is 1:33 to 1, though the debate rages on about what the animators intended the audience to see. This was made during the time that matting was still done by the projectionists in most theaters. Some prints were sent to theaters prematted, and from what I gather only one of those prints still exists. An original aspect ratio release would show unfinshed lines and bleeds that were meant to be matted out. The best transfer that I have seen that preserve the most information and retains dynamic compositions for Transformers the Movie was a 4:3 transfer. The VHS sucked because it went the pan and scan route, from a theatrical matte transfer. The Rhino DVD, even with all it's faults provided the best aspect transfer available so far.

One thing that really irked me about the Rhino DVD/VHS was the Star Wars intro in the beginning. I do NOT remember that from the original movie...I just remember the opening credits with the theme played in the background.

nosebleed said:
One thing that really irked me about the Rhino DVD/VHS was the Star Wars intro in the beginning. I do NOT remember that from the original movie...I just remember the opening credits with the theme played in the background.

The "Star Wars" style opening was on the old VHS from what I remember...as were the added lines at the end, about Optimus Prime returning.

the star wars opening was only missing the "episode --" part

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"