Sequels Spin-Offs

^ Well, looks like Black Cat will possibly be in one of the next 3 movies. The whole "somewhat on the baddie's side" statement makes it likely that Felicity Jones will be owning that role.

I agree that Venom would be better as the villain in movie #5, if, hopefully, they get there.

Powler? I still say why?

Cloak and Dagger would be better (not sure Sony has those rights)...

Even Moon Knight would be better than the Prowler, with the whole Egyptian thing and the phases of the moon, but I don't think he would be a good solo movie either...

Potential for what? A character that, at best, could be compared to Batman (no powers, uses tech - suit, etc.)?

I mean, this is a guy who couldn't even get into the Defenders...

All of his best stories (like all three of them) included Spiderman or other characters (Rocket Racer, Silver Sable, Sandman, etc.). On his own he's kind of a yawn.

Sorry, but I just don't see it...

Okay, well its nice that you have your opinion as well, I guess.

Doesn't anyone wanna see Scorpion? I loved his design in the animated series of the 90s. My favourie Spidey adversaries are commonly the animal/insect based ones!

That said, I quite like venom, again mostly attributed to the animated series

I would want to see Scorpion, but he can't carry his own movie.

Right, this thread is about spin-offs. Most of Spiderman's villains couldn't pull off their own movie and the one or two that maybe could, would only be able to do so after they are first seen within a Spiderman movie.

Again, the only ones that could maybe work would be Silver Sable and the Wild Pack and maybe Moon Knight. I would imagine Silver Sable would be considered part of the Spiderman universe, making her (and hopefully the Wild Pack) usable by Sony. As far as Moon Knight, I'm not so sure.

What would be cool about Silver Sable and the Wild Pack is how a known character could make the team. I'm refering to Sandman. Even though he has yet to be seen in the Amazing Spiderman universe, the general audience knows him. He would be a cool character, especially if on the "good" side...

The idea of the crook as the bad guy takes me back to my film studies class in university. In one section of the course, we explored the rise in Gangster movies during the time of the Prohibition. Gangsters were the guys who brought the liquor, the excitement and the danger - audiences loved them because they needed those figures in their lives to break free from the barriers of being told how to live.

Nowadays, perhaps soon after recession of the western world, maybe supervillains represent something similar to the 1920s gangsters - freedom from social barriers, freedom to do as they please

Right, this thread is about spin-offs. Most of Spiderman's villains couldn't pull off their own movie and the one or two that maybe could, would only be able to do so after they are first seen within a Spiderman movie.

Again, the only ones that could maybe work would be Silver Sable and the Wild Pack and maybe Moon Knight. I would imagine Silver Sable would be considered part of the Spiderman universe, making her (and hopefully the Wild Pack) usable by Sony. As far as Moon Knight, I'm not so sure.

What would be cool about Silver Sable and the Wild Pack is how a known character could make the team. I'm refering to Sandman. Even though he has yet to be seen in the Amazing Spiderman universe, the general audience knows him. He would be a cool character, especially if on the "good" side...
Don't be so closed minded.

what if Sony is thinking of making a spiderman shattered dimensions film :hmm

I highly doubt it. Maybe if they really run out of ideas/source material, they can go for a 2099 movie.

Just came up with a new idea, one that I think could be amazing...

Everyone probably knows about the Agents of Shield TV series that has become a big hit. This seems to be doing very well on it's own, all while expanding the Avengers universe.

So, how about a TV series for Amazing Spiderman, that could stand on it's own as well, while expanding the Amazing Spiderman Universe?

How about this...

A TV show all about...

The Daily Bugle!

This could be huge!

First, the main characters...

#1. JJJ. This character would set the tone, which needs to be serious. It can't be like the over the top, almost comical version that was used in the older Spiderman films. They would also be able to delve into how JJJ is so obsessed with proving that Spiderman is a menace.

#2. Robbie Robertson. The voice of reason to try to bring JJJ back down to earth. Robbie could be used to have an episode or two about Tombstone (a villain likely never to be in an Amazing Spiderman film.

#3. Betty Brant. Not a main character, but someone who can be included and used to flesh out certain stories. At some point it could be explored how her brother was killed when Spiderman and Doc Ock were fighting. We would not need to see the fight, other than on the tv maybe, but the aftermath and how people are affected, would be refreshing.

#4. Ned Leeds. It's a paper, and afterall it will need reporters. The fact that Ned and Betty were in a relationsip (and ultimately married) could be explored. Maybe Ned would just be mentioned since in the comics he's frequently overseas.

#5. Eddie Brock. One of the Reporters. Not sure if he would be a main character, or just someone noted during conversations. Either way, it could get the GA familiar with him.

#6. Reporter. The reporter (and there are many to choose from) would be the main protagonist. He would be the one that the story normally focuses on. Some name options: Connor Austen, Ron Barney, Noel Beckford, Ken Clarke, Peter David, Dan Davis, Nick Dillman, Justin Gray, David Hine, etc.

#7. Photographer. The reporters right hand guy/gal (and again, plenty to choose from). Some name options: Cole Cooper, Edwin Edwards, Mike Mayhew, Daniel Morton, Gus Qualen, Tony Reeves, Bill Webb, Sara Williams, etc.

#8. There could be a second femal reporter, one that possibly uses her fiminine charms to get close to the story, if you get my drift.

So, what we would have is a newspaper themed tv series where the main protagonists, through their investigations, are uncovering nefarious situations in the city, all while being hounded by their unfair boss. The crimes being uncovered could lead to some known characters, such as the Kingpin (I know he was used in Daredevil, but he's got to be available to Sony), the Prowler (see, I found a way to use him), Moon Knight, Tombstone, etc. There can even be situations where the reporters find a criminal webbed and waiting, if you get the picture.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on my idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"