Spore

In Space phase how the hell do you defend planets without having to fight every single invader.

And how do you get the amount of ships that the invaders attack with. so far i can only get my own ship and 2 from allies.

It's Amazon bombing because of anti-piracy measures on the game.

idk I cuffed it pretty easily I just cant do any of the online community based stuff.

Is this game really bad? There are 1,864 1-star reviews on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

You can get to the space stage in less than 4 hours, and once you're there if you've been a hostile race the entire time, you can pretty much only destroy and kill other things on the planets, as opposed to making them allies and such...If i had to rate the game, I'd rate it as 2/5 max, and that's major because of the creating abilities on it.

The best review I've read about it so far;
This game has some revolutionary concepts, such as automatically shared user content and amazing design tools (that were already introducted and perfected, and some would say superior by Galactic Civilizations 2 years ago).

However, there is no 'game' here. As some people put, the 'game' amounts to over simplified tasks that are monotonous and repetitive. The creature stage isn't as fun as you would imagine, as not all the parts are available, and even if they were, you are encouraged to use the 'highest stat' part effectively limiting you to maybe 6-10 parts to place onto your creature.

Why would you use a cool looking mouth with a social rating of '1' if that means that you can't befriend the other tribes and hence progress in the game?? Basically, many of the parts become useless, no matter how good they look. Furthermore, other creature nests (only one nest per species) are arranged with weak creatures immediately around you, and progressively higher level creatures at increasing distances. How predictable. Basically, its designed so that you only explore or run around your immediate nest. I always imagined finding random creatures walking around, hunting, eating, grazing, finding mates, etc. Nope. All creatures basically hang around IN or NEXT TO their nest. How lame. So basically there is no mixing of the creatures. Creatures dont wander around the world as you would think. They are all found in clumps and really only have limited interactions with each other (limited since they only interact [partially] with surrounding nests, as they dont wander around the world)

The civilization stage is HORRIBLE. Basically it amounts to the most simplified and boring RTS I have ever played. Quickly grab a few resources, and then keep clicking on 'create vehicle' and send it to the enemy city. Repeat the last 2 steps endlessly and you have the game. No strategy, no thinking, no variety. You might as well have a script do this for you.

Then there's the DRM. Let me just clarify what people are saying by adding, it not only counts installations, but changes to your hardware ! Upgrade a system component (memory, CPU, vid card) and you are out an installation. Not that it matters because its really a pretty bad game (except for the creation tools) Nice job. Basically I just paid $50 for a coaster.

Last edited:
EA is already breaking the law by having such strict DRM on their games, so what kind of message does that send to consumers? It's illegal to prevent a customer from re-selling a game that they own, which is exactly what EA's DRM does. So why should consumers respect EA's rights bt not downloading the game without paying for it, if EA refuses to recognize their rights as customers? That's what happens when a company declares war on their customers.

If someone wants to pirate a copy of Spore, DRM will not stop them, because a decent hacker can simply remove the DRM and distribute the game over Bit Torrent, where anyone who wants to pirate it for free can easily find it. The only thing that DRM does is punish people who actually buy the game legitimately, and encourage frustrated customers to look into piracy as an alternative.

If this game fails to meet EA's sales projections, they will probably just blame it on piracy. The real irony of excessive DRM is that it does NOT prevent piracy, but in fact is an incentive for piracy. EA's gestappo anti-piracy practices are only contributing to the piracy problem, not solving it.

This video says it all.

There is no way I am buying this game until EA dials back the DRM to what is legal. I hope thier butts get slapped with a big fat class action lawsuit, because there's no way they'd be able to win.

I'm actually glad I pirated it cuz this game isn't worth buying IMO. The newest Sims game looks to be cooler than this is. Just another case of a game being over hyped, hopefully that isn't the case with Warhammer, but it probably will.

Seems to casual for my liking. Don't like the art direction either. Having more fun with Stalker: Clear Sky, barely touched it. I wonder how the sales of spore will stack against the sims, these kind of games generally sell pretty well.

The game seems like the kind of thing that would be improved by a sequel, kind of like how no one plays the first GTA anymore.

does ea have a customer service phone number to call.

i looked everywhere on their website and couldnt find one. only a faq section that doesnt answer ****.

my copy of spore played the first day and thats it.

when i open the game it doesnt come on but it is running in the background. i have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but to no avail.

Best spore creation I've seen so far. :up::up:

[YT]O_Ma0INup8E[/YT]

That's amazing! Has anyone made a Xenomorph yet?

98820_1.jpg

98820_2.jpg

98820_8.jpg

98820_4.jpg

98820_9.jpg

Starcraft is forever.

:heart: :heart: Starcraft :heart: :heart:

Those are well impressive. I've only played around with the vehicle creator a wee bit but I could never come up with anything like that.

I got this game yesterday and have played about an hour of it and hate it. Waste of money.

According to some things I've read online, both Mass Effect and Bioshock also have DRM. Are these people crazy? I was considering buying all three of these as well as Spore but now, no way in Perdition. I'm guessing that's why they don't tell you it's included, because they know they'll lose sales. Isn't all this illegal?

The steam version of Bioshock hasn't got DRM.
Someone has thrown a lawsuit at EA over Spore and someone on the Bioware forums was claiming they had contacted a lawyer and planned to throw one at Bioware and EA although it seemed kinda fishy. There's some crap about them taking the limatations off

Steam also tells you if a game is using DRM. Currently, it appears the only DRM game on steam is Crysis: Warhead, published by EA.

xqdqih.jpg

Valve's and Stardocks approach are much better imo.

Dumb question, perhaps, what is Steam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back