Spy Kids Reboot...WTF?

he's more disappointing than uwe boll. you expect horrible things from boll because he's just not a good director, but rodriguez has potential. he's made SOME great movies, yet he insists on making this crap. i mean, common. he has to rights to sin city 2 AND mad man...yet he makes sh** like this and shorts?

No way, at least Once Upon a Time and Machete can be guilty pleasures.

I'm such a big fan of Rodriguez but he's soiling himself with this stuff. Abandoning brilliant projects like Mad Man, Red Sonja, and Sin City 2 in favor of Spy Kids 4. The first Spy Kids was a great family adventure but now he's totally corrupted them.

The only exciting thing about this movie is that it has the original Spy kids in it. Which makes me beg the question as to why they couldnt just center it around them again.

And instead of doing a movie like this why cant Alba just give me a much needed Dark Angel movie?

You know what would have been cool? Have the two original kids be the grownups. One could be the parent, the other the cool aunt/uncle. Right now the movie has a Home Alone 3 vibe - make up new characters and shoehorn them into a similar plot. And, maybe I just have nostalgia glasses on, but is this movie way more kid-orientated than the first Spy Kids? I mean, it feels like it's trying way too hard to pander to five-year-olds rather than merely be "kid-friendly". I was about 12 when the first movie came out, and I thought it was a pretty fun movie to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"