Squirrels

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Timur Bekmambetov Plans Squirrels

Red Sea Media has announced plans for Squirrels, a new horror-thriller that the company has just acquired international sales rights for from Bazelevs, Timur Bekmambetov�s production company. Bekmambetov is best known as director of the hit international films Night Watch, Wanted and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

When a young man�s estranged father is killed under suspicious circumstances, he returns home for the first time in years to get to the bottom of the mystery. Hoping to uncover some logical explanation, he instead finds his mom�s sleazy new boyfriend, a natural gas company buying up the town, an angry female sheriff who happens to be his ex-girlfriend, and an army of flesh-eating squirrels hellbent on destroying everything in their path due to an erosion of their food chain as a result of environmental destruction by the gas company.

�Squirrels, like people, can seem very cute�until they get hungry!� said Bekmambetov.

�I am very appreciative of the opportunity to sell a Timur Bekmambetov produced film this year. Timur is a tremendous creative talent, and it�s going to be a lot of fun for everyone involved, especially for the buyers, to be a part of this exciting project,� said Red Sea Media CEO Roman Kopelevich.

The film was written by Daniel Antoniazzi & Ben Shiffrin, based on an idea by Bekmambetov. Lisa Ellzey and Michele Wolkoff are executive producers. The production is currently setting a director, with an A-list cast expected to sign shortly.

Please have established actors in the roles, and make this really fun without giving up the quality.

I really liked Night Watch. It's kind of sad to see it come to this.

I hope the Squirrel attacks are in slow motion.

I don't know, this can a pretty scary. I mean squirrels have those large teeth and bushy tails and they like to munch on nuts.

The latter part of that sentence is too easy.

They're about as scary as rats when it comes to their dangerousness. They can bite but they aren't piranha either. And other than exaggerated beyond reality claims, they don't eat meat.

I think it could work, the idea of the "monster" of the movie (if you will) being something most people see on a daily based, instead of some rear/or fictional creature that you'd never see in real life, does add a certain creepy factor

There has to be a scene where a squirrel runs up someone's pants leg.

Every man's worst nightmare.

The squirrel attacking a girl? Will we get slaughtering of children?

Damn, I thought it was a sequel to Up:

[YT]SSUXXzN26zg[/YT]

They should do Squirrelnado with Mark Walberg as the hero.

This stuff writes itself.

If this was gonna be a horror-comedy in the vein of something like Black Sheep or Slither (especially given the plot synopsis in the OP), I'd think this would be both UTTERLY BRILLIANT and hilarious! But as a "serious thriller" horror movie a la The Birds or even Jaws? It's just not gonna work. Squirrels aren't that scary, in real life (now if this were a movie about Canadian geese out for blood, THEN I'd buy that as being scary). This sounds like the kinda movie James Gunn would be making next after Guardians of the Galaxy, really. AND IT SHOULD BE, DAMNIT!

its true that squirrels are not that scary. but maybe the movie will use this in the first act. when people are shocked that they are attacked.i think way to many people are thinking about realism with this movie. 70% what happens in Jaw is not realistic. its pure fantasy.

a dark horror comedy would maybe work best in those times. when people think that every superhero movie is set in a realistic world. '' if Tony Stark would build an iron man suit like this and if he would fall down through the roof on the car he could survive without any broken bones''.

:)

its true that squirrels are not that scary. but maybe the movie will use this in the first act. when people are shocked that they are attacked.i think way to many people are thinking about realism with this movie. 70% what happens in Jaw is not realistic. its pure fantasy.

a dark horror comedy would maybe work best in those times. when people think that every superhero movie is set in a realistic world. '' if Tony Stark would build an iron man suit like this and if he would fall down through the roof on the car he could survive without any broken bones''.

:)

Jaws worked was because, especially during the big climax, the people getting attacked are in a position where they're mostly helpless and taken by surprise. Not to mention, being stuck in the middle of the ocean with a gigantic shark is even MORE scary because it's an isolated situation and there's no one else for miles. Being attacked by killer squirrels in a park or a suburban town, on the other hand, not as much. They're not THAT hard to kill, especially if the police get involved (let alone the National Guard or military). Sure, they'd probably attack in massive groups, but that's nothing a grenade or machine guns couldn't handle. Plus, sharks are carnivorous in real life, while squirrels, as stated previously, aren't. It's like trying to make a movie about killer pigeons, for ****'s sake!

i am not trying to defend a horror squirrels movie.its a funny idea. but not hard to kill? in the middle of the forest its impossible to kill 100 squirrels running from tree to tree.

The evil squirrels should overrun the town then a genius bio-engineers a flying squirrel with laser beam eyes to fight back.

Kind of like Gizmo in Gremlins 2.

Comedy horror, yes. Serious horror, no. Squirrels might be fast and they can sure as hell bite with those incsiors but they aren't hard to kill unless you go about it in the most inefficient way possible.

If they come at you, a good swing with a bat, stick or even a hard kick would probably kill them. They're not exactly the most sturdy and densely built animals. If they swarm you you're probably in trouble but I'm also thinking since this is a horror movie they'll end up at least crittering one person.

the-krite-ball-from-critters-2.jpg

For reference.

Seems like they know not to take this movie too seriously judging by that poster.

LOVE the tag line of 'hold on to your nuts'
:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"