Stadiums & Arenas

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought we had a thread like this already, but I guess not.

Here we discuss all the sporting venues for any sport. Your home team favorites, the other facilities you want to visit for whatever reason, and the worst ones whether it be due to atmosphere, or because they're old and falling apart..meaning Wrigley Field. :hehe:

Home field is where the game is played. :up:

Bell Centre in Montreal, because they have the unique hot dogs that you can't get in any other stadium in the world. In this case, they're unique in their badness though, but it's fun to see what French cuisine has been reduced to in Quebec.

I know we joke about the Jaguars a lot, but having been to Jacksonville Stadium myself..

BE4C62AA-D638-45CF-9237-D357297F7B30.jpeg

..I find it curious they have such an attendance problem. It's an excellent facility, gorgeous location on the river, and is reasonably easy to get to. I don't get it.

Last edited:
is this thread just for American Football stadiums or is it for other sports as well?

Been to all the local spots: American Airlines Arena, Orange Bowl, Joe Robbie Stadium (which has since been renamed a dozen times), as well as Angels Stadium in Anaheim. I'll be going to MSG later this month for the first time. Kind of make it a point to catch a sporting event of any kind when I visit places, regardless of the city or team.

Well most arena football teams play in the same buildings as NBA and NHL organizations...

PNC Park is a great place to watch a baseball game. Would love to visit Fenway and Wrigley sometime in the future. I've been to the old and new Yankee Stadium.

Being in a big market like Chicago, it depresses me that we have two of the worst stadiums in their sports, Soldier Field and Wrigley Field.

Soldier Field was just renovated and it's still crap. It looks cool on TV and the viewing experience is pretty good being there, but the bathrooms, concourses, parking all still suck. They basically made no improvements in those areas. In addition to those complaints, it is also the smallest stadium in the NFL and has the worst turf.

Wrigley Field is just a dump, plain and simple. Yeah, it's cool seeing a stadium from a different era, but actually watching a game there sucks.

On the plus side ... The United Center remains top notch and great for seeing an NBA or NHL game. The Cell is awesome for the White Sox, despite the criticism it used to receive. They made some many improvements since it first opened.

The newest venue we have here is the Ted Constant Center, home to ODU Athletics.

29470w3.jpg

we host a lot of CBA/ACC tourneys, concerts, and even a couple Women's Final Four tourneys. I got to work the Final Four last year and met and got pics with the whole UCONN starting 5

Ann Donovan! I met her my senior year in high school. I looked up to her. literally. she's 6'8

1252p2e.jpg

some of the jerseys in the rafters:
Ann Donovan, Ticha Penichiero, and Nancy Lieberman

Geno! last year at Final Four
2vbjti9.jpg

8wl45f.jpg

Last edited:
I figure most of us have been to all of our local facilities, but what "out of town" places have you been to?

Me:

Candlestick Park. Dang, it was cold!

Jacksonville Stadium. Dang, it was hot!

My favorite will always be the Pacific Coliseum.

pacific-coliseum_96imgGalBig-Ju.jpg

2196994462_47e7e72562.jpg

The Corel Centre/Scotiabank Place. Nice arena, ****** Jumbotron and the arena is a ***** to get to. But I have some great childhood memories in that arena. Of course as a Sens fan they're mostly painful (Game 7 of the 2003 ECF :csad:), but I still love that place.
DSCF0649.jpg

7b302653.jpg

Also, the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary. Seen 18 Games since I moved to Calgary in 2007. Nice stadium, the shape of the exterior looks like a saddle so that's cool.
Calgary-PengrowthSaddledome.jpg

saddledome.jpg

flames1.jpg

Calgary is on my list of hockey cities to visit.

Also, if you want to go to a hockey city, then get your ass to Montreal and see a game. The arena is downtown, the whole city is a giant bar, fun for all!

I've made it to Lambeau a few times. It is definitely a unique experience going there and just seeing the stadium. I live just outside of Chicago and Green Bay is about the size of some of Chicago's suburbs. It's really strange driving down the road (no major highway) and all of a sudden a stadium is sitting there. The backyards of a lot of homes back up to the stadium. Definitely something interesting to see.

To be honest, the stadium itself was nothing too impressive, though (unless you enjoy bleacher seating). I can't deny that there's a very historic feel to the place, but I wasn't overly impressed.

I've been to the old Giants Stadium, old Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Citi Field, and I think it's called the Izod Center now (It's the arena where the Nets and Devils used to play).

I definitely want to go to the new Giants and Yankee Stadiums, The Prudential Center, and it pisses me off that I've never been to MSG see as I've walked past it countless times. I'd also like to go to Fenway one day.

I've only been to my local Ball Parks and Arenas. I'll list them, Busch Stadium 1 & 2, The Old Barn, Kiel Center (ScottTrade to you guys) and TWA Dome or Edward Jones Dome. I think The Rams really need a new place, its a dump in there and honestly The Blues rink isn't that bad but I'd like something more.

I've been to...

Joe Louis Arena - Detroit, MI - Great place. Not a bad seat in the house. However, parking sucks and it's kinda outdated. They need a new place ASAP. (And I've heard rumors of it too)
Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI - Nice place, but once again feels kinda old. I think the Wings and Pistons might build a big arena near Comerica in downtown D. That'd be sweet.
Comerica Park - Detroit, MI - Awesome as hell to watch a ball game. And nice on the days there's a Lions game too, or Wings playoff game. I've been there a ton. And even have Verlander's autograph :up:
Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI - I'm a career 5-2 there when I see my Spartans play. :up: Saw the ND "Little Giants" fake FG game in person. An incredible experience.
Michigan Stadium - Ann Arbor, MI - This place is a dump. I know it's all tradition, blah blah, but it is AWFUL. The reason they cram 120K in there is because there is literally maybe a foot of space between the seat numbers. It's awful. I went there to watch them play MSU (34-17 MSU curbstomping) and I pinched a nerve keeping my legs to my side due to an obese person sitting in front of me.
Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL - Great place and a great area, but is super old and scares me. When we went I saw the concrete cracked all over the place. Why not patch it up? I'm sure a new Wrigley Field could work in the area.
U.S. Cellular Field - Chicago, IL - Awful part of town. You literally cross the tracks and you're in the ghetto of Chicago. Decent stadium though, nothing super special about it.
United Center - Chicago, IL - Saw MJ play there in his prime, I believe the final 3-peat year in 1998. Nice place, but I hate the Blackhawks so yeah :o

Yeah, I've heard several people say Wrigley is a crumbling death trap.

Wrigley is horrible. Yeah, it reminds you of the old days, but it needs a serious upgrade. It is not the most comfortable place to watch a game. The area around the stadium is top notch, though, if you want to hit some bars.

I can't stand AT&T Park. I just don't like the way it's setup. Doesn't help that I don't like the Giants either. :p

On the other hand, Turner field was pretty nice (and I don't even like the Braves either). And I loved Dodgers Stadium.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"