Donald Thomas

The Black ArachKnight
Reaction score
page1_00100000L.jpg

Aloha,
A sad day!
Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95
Aloha,
I had the good fortune of meeting him in Honolulu Hawaii at a comic book store called Jelly's back in the 1990's. The line to meet him went around the block. I can only say" Mahalo-Thank You" Mr. Lee for your creativity and ability to raise the level of respect of the comic book/graphic novel medium to the point that it is now an integral part of what is referred to as popular culture. I especially thank you for your creation of the characters Spider-Man and Black Panther, among the many that you were involved in creating, these two have had the most impact in a positive way in my life. May you rest in peace and I pray that your soul is with your loving wife. EXCELSIOR
Spidey rules
Long Live the King of Wakanda
Nuff Said

Last edited:
Well said, Donald!
I met him about 6 years ago with my daughter Gwen (then 4) along for the ride. She STILL vividly remembers meeting him and introducing herself as Gwen, and explaining who she was named after. We got a Spider-man No More print signed by him, and it proudly hangs in her baby brother's room (he was 7 months old when we got it signed). She has a "Death of the Stacys" hardcover signed by him, and it is a prized possession in our home.
Why am I gushing about this stuff instead of just his work?

Simple. This was an experience I got to share with my daughter. Very few from her generation ever got that experience, and no one else ever will again.

As for me, I remember growing up in the 90s on the Spider-man comics of the say, and, being an 11 year-old, I didn't get all the fuss over that "old stuff". I remember reading some of the older comics later on, and realizing what LEGENDARY works were created by Lee and Ditko. After reading those first 39 issues of Spider-Man worked on by those 2 legends, there is a sad realization that Spider-Man has never hit the creative peak he hit then. NO comics (for me) hold a candle to those 41 issues that were done by two incomparable legends, neither of who will be creating anything like that again.

We can all be sad and mourn it, or we can appreciate that those works are printed and reprinted and available as time capsules of magic captured for generations!!

There will never be another Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, nor Jack Kirby. We are all immensely blessed to have gotten to walk the earth and experience these tales.

God bless his family during this time! He was a legend to us, but to him, he was family.

Ahem.

I ranted. Sorry.

Wow, I can't believe your daughter is already 10. I remember you posting about when she was born.
My son will be 10 in April, my daughter is 8.

Wow, I can't believe your daughter is already 10. I remember you posting about when she was born.
My son will be 10 in April, my daughter is 8.
Time flies, man! Yeah, she starts middle school next year! i am NOT ready for that! I'm just blessed that she is a smart and sweet kid. She also is a Spider-Gwen FANATIC. Happens when you're named Gwen, and it was your nickname for a couple of years before there was even a character of that name!
Here we are, man...kids growing up, and now they have to grow up in a world without Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. All the comics community, myself included, is going to have to step up our creative game. Even then, we can't fill those shoes!

To the old timers that remember TheSonofBat from 2003 ish... He just turned 20 last month...
My other kids are 7 & 5...

I can't say anything about Stan that hasn't been said...
His greatest creation, in my opinion, is us... The comic book fans...
Kids read comics back in the day, but Stan gave us a reason to care, love, and want to grow with these characters, creating comic clubs, comic conventions, and awesome comic book movies/tv shows... We discuss/debate Marvel vs DC, sometimes to the point of ridicule, but none of this happens without Stan's, along with Jack & Steve, injection of real life problems/situations into these beloved characters.

I know he's with Joanie now, and nobody will hurt him anymore.
RIP Mr. Lee

Thanks for colouring my imagination.

I did this piece to commemorate "The Man". Posted it in the Fan Art forum. Thought I'd share it with you guys, too, as I come here more than anywhere else on the Hype.
Stan Memory Color_scaled .jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"