Star Trek: Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
So after talking to the mods they agreed instead of re-naming the other Trek thread to create a new one for this show. So here is the place we can talk everything Star Trek: Discovery.

Below is a info-graphic with what we know now about Discovery.

TrekMovie_DSC_Infographic_8_30_15_FIN.png

Teaser Trailer #1

[YT]xXpPweAooeE[/YT]

Teaser Trailer #2 (Ship Reveal)

[YT]bqm9HSYbf0o[/YT]

Star Trek: Discovery premiers on CBS in January of 2017. After the pilot the show will air on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Canada while Netflix will distribute it across the rest of the globe.

I'd RATHER wait a bit longer to get the best possible look and feel of the series instead of getting it too quickly and not have it at it's fullest visual potential...

Or they are rethinking their release plans. Possibly considering putting it on tv as a mid season series.

May means that it won't really be on until most of the other shows are off the air.

Well, there's barely enough time to watch all these shows anyway, so being spaced out a bit more is fine by me.

Or they are rethinking their release plans. Possibly considering putting it on tv as a mid season series.

I would love to think that, but I have a feeling that is not the case.

Teaser Trailer #2 (Ship Reveal)

[YT]bqm9HSYbf0o[/YT]

Star Trek: Discovery premiers on CBS in January of 2017. After the pilot the show will air on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Canada while Netflix will distribute it across the rest of the globe.

So this is set between "The Cage" pilot and The Original series?
And with a female lead? ...who is a lieutenant commander?

Could this be a reprisal of the (Majel Barrett) Number One character, now in command of her own mission?

So after talking to the mods they agreed instead of re-naming the other Trek thread to create a new one for this show.
It's own thread?
Couldn't the huge Star Trek TV franchise have it's own forum?
Which now has an active show in production. And in there; a thread specifically for Discovery.

Plus threads for:
TOS
TAS
TNG
DS9
VOY
ENT

Plus move all the other active random Trek TV threads into that one main Trek TV forum.
Some dozen or more here- http://forums.superherohype.com/search.php?searchid=24649583

Last edited:
Bryan Fuller Stepping Back From Showrunner Role on ‘Star Trek: Discovery’

Sources said there had been some strain between “Star Trek” producer CBS Television Studios and Fuller over the progress of production on the show, as Fuller is also juggling the final weeks of shooting and post-production duties on Starz’s upcoming drama “American Gods” and prepping a reboot of “Amazing Stories” for NBC. Fuller has penned the first two scripts for “Discovery” and has hammered out the broader story arc and mythology for the new “Trek” realm. But it became clear that he couldn’t devote the amount of time needed for “Discovery” to make its premiere date and with production scheduled to start in Toronto next month. In September, CBS pushed the “Discovery” premiere back from January in order to give the team more time to work out stories and ensure sufficient time for production of visual effects.

Well glad he's still on as executive producer. This won't kill my excitement for the show, but still not the greatest news.

Not surprised by that at all. Saw it coming once CBS delayed the show, won't be surprised if they balked at some of his casting decisions.

I doubt that. They are still using his first two scripts and he's still involved. TV is not like film, much more of a collaborative process. It truly sounds like the guy has too much on his plate. Someone made a point though that Fuller is a lot like the Del Toro of TV, he makes too many commitments and can't keep all of them.

And my care for this has dropped off exponentially.

I doubt that. They are still using his first two scripts and he's still involved. TV is not like film, much more of a collaborative process. It truly sounds like the guy has too much on his plate. Someone made a point though that Fuller is a lot like the Del Toro of TV, he makes too many commitments and can't keep all of them.

Fuller worships Star Trek. He wouldn't walk away unless something happened.

Studio toadie Akiva Goldsman is replacing Fuller according to Variety. He'll give the studio the show they want.

Fuller worships Star Trek. He wouldn't walk away unless something happened.

I don't know if he worships it but was a part of it for a long time. You do know he has two other massive shows he's working on. He did not fully walk away FYI. He's still a part of the show. He also loves American Gods, he also has his number two folks that has worked on other shows with him still as the showrunners.

There is nothing that indicates this has anything to do with creativity, but the fact that he is doing too much and can't focus on all of these projects at once. Again...like Del Toro.

Studio toadie Akiva Goldsman is replacing Fuller according to Variety. He'll give the studio the show they want.

Read it again. He's not replacing him as the show runner. He's going to be a bigger part yes no lies there but He’s envisioned as serving as producing support for Berg and Harberts, Fuller. Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harbert are the showrunners now. Both who were picked by Fuller when they started working on the show and worked with him in the past.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bryan-fuller-showrunner-star-trek-discovery-cbs-1201901398/

Read what's there not what you want to read.

The ship is now being captained by spectacular hacks Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman. Wonderful.

I think that's studio BS.

You don't know that. Who knows what will happen because of this but again TV is very collaborative and one person does not hold sway over a TV show as much as film is known for.

The ship is now being captained by spectacular hacks Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman. Wonderful.

I told you who is the showrunners above, but you just continue to ignore it because you want to hear what you want to.

Last edited:
You don't know that. Who knows what will happen because of this but again TV is very collaborative and one person does not hold sway over a TV show as much as film is known for.
This just isn't true when it comes to the great shows. They very much reflect their showrunners, which is why the feel of the shows don't change all that much, no matter who is writing or directing. What are the truly great shows from the past decade, that don't have a style and tone that reflect their showrunners?

This just isn't true when it comes to the great shows. They very much reflect their showrunners, which is why the feel of the shows don't change all that much, no matter who is writing or directing. What are the truly great shows from the past decade, that don't have a style and tone that reflect their showrunners?

This is true.

Having said that two of Fuller's former comrades seem to be taking over the reigns, so hopefully it will still retain what he created.

Like I was telling someone else, yeah the show could suck now. But I will wait and see for that. I hope that Berg and Harberts still bring what he had envisioned to life. Kind of like Rick continued to do after Gene's death with TNG. Keep the spirit of what they created alive.

This is true.

Having said that two of Fuller's former comrades seem to be taking over the reigns, so hopefully it will still retain what he created.

Like I was telling someone else, yeah the show could suck now. But I will wait and see for that. I hope that Berg and Harberts still bring what he had envisioned to life. Kind of like Rick continued to do after Gene's death with TNG. Keep the spirit of what they created alive.
I honestly have no idea where this is going. I am hoping for the best, but my expectations are down. I am a Fuller fan and have been for well over a decade. So I kind of felt I knew what I was going to get was quality. Now it is much more unknown for me. But if it works out, that would be nice.

I honestly have no idea where this is going. I am hoping for the best, but my expectations are down. I am a Fuller fan and have been for well over a decade. So I kind of felt I knew what I was going to get was quality. Now it is much more unknown for me. But if it works out, that would be nice.

I like Fuller but maybe not as much as some. I actually felt some of his work on Voyager was okay but not as good as the work on DS9( (which I think he did mainly Voyager was the show he primarily did for Trek).I just felt Voyager overall was the weakest of the Trek series outside of the first few seasons of Enterprise, not that it was all his doing but I felt Ron Moore was the chosen one with Trek back in those days. But Hannibal was amazing.

I still think/hope with him involved albeit a lesser capacity, it will be a great show. I think it still has the potential for that, especially since Fuller's fingerprints is still over most of season 1 since most of the scripts are completed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"