Legends Star Wars: Darth Vader

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
I figure maybe have threads for each of the comic series.

Darth Vader #1 is out and has been receiving great reviews as well.

DFVbxGf.jpg

If we only knew the power of the Dark Side....

I wasn't a fan of the first issue, but the second issue was great. A massive improvement. Really looking forward to seeing the downfall of Tagge.

"Tarkin had vision. You have graphs," is such a great line.

First issue was good. Second issue was even better.

Poor Oon'nai. Having to order Vader around doesn't seem to be a safe proposition.
"Please comply..."

Really liked the artwork in this issue. I wish the story had been more independent from the main Star Wars book.

I almost feel bad for getting my store's last copy of #3. The Indy references were fun. And I do hope that Aphra, 000, and BT-1 stick around for a while.

Anyone wants to take a guess regarding [BLACKOUT]Darth Vader's successor?[/BLACKOUT]

This adds a new level of depth to Vader wanting to turn Luke. It isn't just because he is his son. It is also because [BLACKOUT]Sidious has been trying to knock him off and replace him[/BLACKOUT]. I love how these new comics are adding bits of depth to the preexisting stories of the films.

Finally picked up #4. Damn, I love Aphra.

Triple Zero is a delightfully frightening droid.

A question regarding the latest issue:

[BLACKOUT]Does the entire galaxy know the Emperor and Vader are sith? or are they only rumored to be so? Because it would be pretty weird for the entire galaxy to accept the word of an admited Sith regarding the Jedi being evil. Not to mention that Dooku and all previous major threats to peace were Sith[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
No. Tarkin, for example, wasn't even certain that Palpatine was a Sith although he suspected. And according to Filoni, many people haven't heard of Vader.

Just going by the prequels, you'd think anyone wearing black and using a red light saber was a Sith.

No one knows Palpatine uses a lightsaber though. Heck, I doubt most of the "common folk" in the GFFA even know the difference between Jedi and Sith. Most likely thought Dooku was nothing more than a rogue Jedi or perhaps, after the Empire spins some stories, that Dooku was actually working with the Jedi council the whole time to manipulate the Clone Wars.

That was what i guessed but seeing Jaba calling Darth vader a Sith Lord made me wonder about this.

Jabba seems to know his stuff, though. He knew Luke was using a Jedi mind trick in RotJ.

I guess, he also had a decent relationship with the Jedi during the Clone Wars if i'm not mistaken. About many not knowing who Vader is, wasn't he used as a figure for the Empire's propaganda?

That's what I always figured and what the old EU went with. But apparently in Rebels, Kanan and co don't know who he is.

It might be for the best then, the less the Galaxy know about force users, the better, would make sence for how people like Han wouldn't believe in it existing.

So, I loved everything about Vader's reaction to learning about Luke in this issue.

Yeah, would have actualy liked to see more of a reaction from Vader once he discovered the Emperor had lied to him.

Through six issues, this might be the best Star Wars comic I have read. It makes Vader the badass dark wizard knight I have always wanted, while bringing the feels.

Yeah, would have actualy liked to see more of a reaction from Vader once he discovered the Emperor had lied to him.

Did you need a big old "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!":p

With a design like Vader's, it is really tough to convey expression. But Larocca and Gillen have been doing a great job of showing Vader's moods between the art and text. I could just see his rage on the page.

It makes it clear that this is the turning point in the Sith relationship. And Vader, rather than giving into the old Anakin of yelling about it at Palpatine, cools down a bit. And I love how very darkside his "He will be mine" is. He is not redeemed yet.

And this series is just awesome in adding new awesome characters. Add Mon Cal Greivous to list of neat characters.

A bit more? Not only does he vow to make himself Emperor, but he almost loses his cool here and nearly calls out Palpatine on his ****.

I honestly thought the reaction was near perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"