'Station Eleven' (HBO Max)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Mackenzie Davis, Himesh Patel to Star in ‘Station Eleven’ Series at HBO Max

Mackenzie Davis and Himesh Patel have been cast in the lead roles of HBO Max’s upcoming “Station Eleven” series adaptation.

The show is based on the book of the same name by Emily St. John Mandel. Described as a postapocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines, the series tells the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what’s been lost.

Davis will play Kirsten, a survivor of the Georgia Flu pandemic and performer in a post-apocalyptic Shakespeare troupe. Patel will play Jeevan, an unemployed lost soul who—when the Georgia Flu strikes—must become a leader.

I really liked the book, but I'm disappointed it's on HBO Max since I'm not sure if I will get it.

Looks pretty good.

Looks good and unfortunately to apt for modern times.

I was gonna guess this was an Americanized adaptation of the Karasagi station creepypasta.

For Mackenzie Davis I will give it a try hoping I will like it.
I knew I recognized her : Lori Petti

Happy going in not know anything about it, just recommended by a friend, 5 episodes in, I'm completley confused and fascinated by it all.

Almost caught up, this show is just so soul crushingly beautiful and poignant.

I’m three episodes in and it’s just a brutal watch during this point in our history, but I’m digging it regardless.

Just started watching this, 2 episodes in and totally hooked. I like that the back and forth between past and present works so well.

Interesting that just before I started watching this I had just watched the original Point Break, seeing the difference between Lori Petty 30 years ago and seeing her now is a bit jarring.:wow:

The non-linear story telling is both frustrating, yet also becomes the language for building their "reality" as it forces you to appreciate whatever moment they are in, (which seems to be an underlying In-story theme too.)
Especially as (history)memory and a possible future, vs. living and experiencing in the now, seems to be something the character's themselves are dealing with and questioning.
Both when the actors, Gael García Bernal(Arthur) and David Wilmot(Clark) debate, and in Kirsten vs. Tyler's pov for surviving. As well as Miranda's reason for creating the comic book itself.

Ep. 7 Goodbye My Damaged Home - The episode where Kristen goes "back" to visit herself, Jeevan and brother all three alone, putting on the play based on the comic, was beautiful, heartbreaking, and incredibly well acted by all three.

Are there any good screen captures of the comic pages out there?

Last edited:
Just got to episode 7, perhaps the best episode of television I've seen in ages.

Great show. One of the best limited series I have seen.

Deserved more Emmy nominations that just the 1 it received

Yeah, it’s hard to say anything is robbed of a nomination when there’s such volume as there is now, but Station Eleven and Midnight Mass really should’ve gotten limited series noms.

But alas, the Television Academy seems horny for salacious true crime-y ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"