Stem Cells May Not Be Necessary After All!

Nerd alert. Sorry for peeking, it's great to here you guys talk about this stuff. But Spoons, what your opinion on the question that Car asked? If a Virus is a living thing?

Discuss :ninja:

Nerd alert. Sorry for peeking, it's great to here you guys talk about this stuff. But Spoons, what your opinion on the question that Car asked? If a Virus is a living thing?

I mean, if you go strictly by the biological definition of life, I don't think it is. It's not capable of metabolizing or replicating without a host cell.

I'd really like to get the opinion of somebody who has at least some background in microbiology, even though I know Spoons seems more specialized in bacteriology (um...that is the correct term, right?).

I'm by no means a scientist like y'all, but I do have an interest in this. keep going.

I mean, if you go strictly by the biological definition of life, I don't think it is. It's not capable of metabolizing or replicating without a host cell.

I'd really like to get the opinion of somebody who has at least some background in microbiology, even though I know Spoons seems more specialized in bacteriology (um...that is the correct term, right?).

I agree with Car, it's not "living"...but it does do things...like a zombie lol. If you take a step back and really take a look at the microscopic world, it really makes us humans simply look like transportation vessels for microbes. Highest up on the food chain, sure :whatever:

Yup, bacteriology is what I do. Virology is what I'd like to do as well :up:

Spoons is impressing the **** out of me right now.

Honestly, I'd be happy w/ both ends of the spectrum. Captain America or Abomination :up:

The price you pay for being strong as hell :o

And honestly, who could he have sex w/ anyway? Haha

thats great news if it can be developed, but $5 people will still ***** and moan about the poor cell that is getting changed

Excellent scientific breakthrough.

But the Christofascists will still find a way to condemn this.

Science Fight!
Science Fight!

Oh my God! One of them has a slide rule!!!!!! :eek:

OMG.gif

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe