Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot

Is this gonna be made for tv or is this gonna be made into a movie?

Is this gonna be made for tv or is this gonna be made into a movie?

Sounds like it will be theatrical release. Unless it ends up being a movie made for Netflix or something.

A new adaptation directed by James Wan? i enjoy that man's work and feel he is the right man for this 2 part adaptation of the novel.

I did enjoyed Hooper's film since i was a kid and the novel i read when i was 9.

'Annabelle' Filmmaker Gary Dauberman on 'It 2' Gore and His 'Salem's Lot' Vision

Is Salem’s Lot going to receive the exact same approach as It?

I like to be as true to the story as I possibly can until it gets a little too unwieldy for a movie. I’m very, very excited to be a part of that and tackle it. It hasn’t had the big screen treatment yet, which is how I felt about It. It’s so fun to play around with vampires and make something truly scary with vampires. I haven’t seen that in a long, long time, and I’m excited for people to see it.

Yes, bring back scary vampires. Its one of the things the 1979 Salems' Lot got right.

Goddammit, I got excited and thought we were finally getting movie news.

How was his Annabelle movie?

Uninspired choice to direct this but I'll keep an open mind.

Everybody deserves a shot but I can't help but feel this could have been directed by an A list director. The material there to warrant it. ****, James Wan could have done it and I would have been okay with that.

Skimming this thread to avoid spoilers, but I actually picked this up a week ago and am doing my first read now. Just a little past
the Glick kid's funeral

It's a bit slow going right now, but enjoying it when it picks up.

I quite enjoyed Annabelle Comes Home, so I’m not really bothered by this choice, but a part of me does wish New Line horror would do a bit of branching out as far as filmmakers go. Someone a little more outside the box for them would’ve been interesting.

Well, I don't know that movie, but I think haunted house sort of filmmaking is a good fit for depicting a scary New England town.

I hesitate to link to the highly questionable nerd scoop site in question, but if what they’re saying is true…

Jake Gyllenhaal as Ben and Christoph Waltz as Straker works for me.

That would actually be really good casting.

I hesitate to link to the highly questionable nerd scoop site in question, but if what they’re saying is true…

Jake Gyllenhaal as Ben and Christoph Waltz as Straker works for me.

That sounds a little too good to be true, but if it is, then that's a win right there.

That sounds a little too good to be true, but if it is, then that's a win right there.

tenor.gif

Salem’s Lot To Start Filming In September
Posted: July 21, 2021, 23:17:10
Section: Film » Salem's Lot
Looks like the new adaptation of Salem’s Lot (written and directed by Gary Dauberman), is set to begin filming soon in Ipswich, Massachusetts! Ipswich Local News reported:

Downtown will again be used as a backdrop when filmmakers roll into town in September.

Filming will take place in the AnnTiques area of South Main Street for five or six days, town manager Tony Marino told the select board on Monday.

The movie planned is ‘Salem’s Lot, a remake of Stephen King’s classic tale about vampires in small-town Maine.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2021]

If that’s true, I imagine we’ll see casting announcements in a matter of weeks.

Interesting to actually shoot in New England. Should really visually set the town apart from Derry in the IT movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"