Comics Storm & T'Challa: Royal Wedding Countdown Discussion

Lightning Strykez!

Former Mod On Pension Pay
Reaction score
storm1c.jpg

On February 23, 2006, Storm #1 hit newstands nationwide as the first part of a 6-issue mini-series developed by renowned author Eric Jerome Dickey. The article proclaimed that this issue was a precursor to the "wedding event of the century." Have you picked up a copy yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the storyline, Jerome's writing, and the artwork etc.? How well do you think Jerome has "captured" the character so far?

As each Storm issue is released, we can critique them until the storylines merge for the Summer '06 wedding.

Just suscribing to what I can predict is going to be a VERY interesting thread :D

sebita said:
Just suscribing to what I can predict is going to be a VERY interesting thread :D

I thought the same thing, especially when I read the last frame: "The enemy...of my enemy...is my friend." I was like, "Well damn...it's like that?" :cool:

By the way, that woman put the "ug" in ugly too; what is up with the receding hairline? :confused:

I'm sorry...but that is the WORST looking Storm picture/rendering/drawing I've ever seen

It's based off the fanboys perfect Storm, Angela Basset, that's why Outcry. That picture is a testimant to why we are blessed to have not only a woman known to play fierce black women, but a beautiful one too.

So glad Angela turned down the role. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

OutcryX said:
So glad Angela turned down the role. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

She was never offered the role.

Anywho...I enjoyed the first issue. I will post more later. But I would give is a 4 out of 5. And for those concerned, Blk. Panther rarely shown in the issue. This book is about Storm, her family, history and character.

LittleMissVixen said:
She was never offered the role.

Anywho...I enjoyed the first issue. I will post more later. But I would give is a 4 out of 5. And for those concerned, PB was not in the first issue. This book is about Storm, her family, history and character.

Is PB meant to be Black Panther, or is it an acronym for something else? :p

If you're referring to BP, he is shown in several frames in the comic....he's the shirtless guy with a headband on. You know, the one that looks up in concern with the lightning storm jumps off for no reason?

Lightning Strikez! said:
Is PB meant to be Black Panther, or is it an acronym for something else? :p

If you're referring to BP, he is shown in several frames in the comic....he's the shirtless guy with a headband on. You know, the one that looks up in concern with the lightning storm jumps off for no reason?

I have no idea what you are talking about :p

(edit, edit, edit) ;)

OutcryX said:
I'm sorry...but that is the WORST looking Storm picture/rendering/drawing I've ever seen

Yeah well, show it to everyone that says that Angela would make a more attractive "stronger featured" Storm. :o

She looks....butch. But the inside rendition of Storm is gorgeous. The comic really illustrates just how much she stood out among her young peers, having to wear a black wig and all. As her enemy dogged her out, she was the one with "the white hair of a witch, and the blue eyes of the devil...that the gods disliked."

Ouch. :(

I think the drawing looks nice. The eyes and strong cheekbones remind me of how she was drawn in the 70s.

She might not look as anglo as she is usually drawn at times, but she is still beautiful.

LittleMissVixen said:
I think the drawing looks nice. The eyes and strong cheekbones remind me of how she was drawn in the 70s.

She might not look as anglo as she is usually drawn at times, but she is still beautiful.

:o

Well, as a native of New York City, the drawing reminds me of things I've seen walking on the streets many times...and they often stuff a lot to "pass"..........by.

And that's all I'll say.:cool:

Lightning Strikez! said:

Well, as a native of New York City, the drawing reminds me of things I've seen walking on the streets many times...and they often stuff a lot to "pass"..........by.

haha...walking by and into your car? ;)

LittleMissVixen said:
haha...walking by and into your car? ;)

Yes, "into" and only as I run tread them under my vehicle.

I don't do Eddie Murphys. :o

Lightning Strikez! said:
Yes, "into" and only as I run tread them under my vehicle.

I don't do Eddie Murphys. :o

aww....give a lil lov'n and $$$ to tha trannies ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:

Thanks Lightnin'

She looks like a dude in drag...there i said it. I had heard she was offered but turned down the role. oh well..regardless......If thats what Angela in a wig with blues looks like..I pass....that and they may have drawn her to look more non-euro...but dayum...I have seen BEAUTIFUL African women...and she..in the picture..just is not.

I think the cover is perfect. I'm surprised how many of you are dissing the looks. Storm looks like a black woman and she's still beautiful. You got a problem with impoverished black folks with nappy hair? Poor people like that can't afford to be vain. Yardin gave this an honest depiction.

Red Mask said:
I think the cover is perfect. I'm surprised how many of you are dissing the looks. Storm looks like a black woman and she's still beautiful. You got a problem with impoverished black folks with nappy hair? Poor people like that can't afford to be vain. Yardin gave this an honest depiction.

Hey! :mad: I have nappy hair. :o

And Storm's hair doesn't have one nap in it. That's why it's likened to witch's hair.

Thanks for the info. :o I already knew about Storm's hair. We even see her as a baby in this comic. But this isn't just about one black woman who is exotic by her looks. There are issues of culture, poverty, and belonging involved. That other girl with the receding hairilne, other than being abandoned I bet she's been beaten, fallen ill with no treatment and other horrible things. She and the others have no proper shelter and no steady diet. Girl can't even afford to get fixed up. So you ask if it's like that. Sheeyeeaaah. No doubt it's like it. It's a doggy-doggy world. Storm was living the good life back in the X-Mansion.

Red Mask said:

Who said ANYTHING about poor impoverished people? NOBODY. Kinda like that broad generalization you just made about Black people being poor with nappy hair. All that was stated is that Storm looks rather 'butch' in that picture...in some people's opinions. If that is how you envision beauty...thats your opinion...but do not put words into people's mouths.

Thought you would like to see this possible upcoming Storm cover by artist Simone Bianchi:

SimoneBianchi2.jpg