Comics Storm & T'Challa: Royal Wedding Countdown Discussion

LittleMissVixen said:
...indifferent...

I haven't even been paying attention to it anymore. The occasional thread draws me out, but I've pretty much burned the allotment on the subject and I've allowed current events and upcoming stuff pull me in a new direction.

Patriot is Bulletproof and playing a role in Civil War;
Jackson King is coming back to a new Stormwatch series;
The Authority and Wildcats are coming back under Grant Morrison.

There's too much coming in comics to be excited about to dwell on this.

Is Malice within T'Shaan's body? If so, Ororo defeated her once, she can do it again.

Also, why do I have the distinct feeling that the reason the little Kenyan minister hired Man-Ape is to stop Ororo from becoming Queen of Kenya?

Didn't the Storm mini drop off the top 100. And Bp is something like #82 or 89. I can't really remember.

It's now obvious that this BP arc has no legs, and that the huge media campaign didn't work.

I wonder what going to happen when if it continues its downward path.

the Media campaign made everything useless and made the story boring even before it hit and the sales it showin that

I wonder whose's gonna end up taking the blame, seeing how there's no recovery for it now.

They should just cut their loses sooner than later.

This is just awful. I see what they were trying to do, but they failed miserable at it, and overhyping it in a ridiculous marketing blitz was a wast of time money and effort.

In an attempt to make people care, they just turned most people off. Its so obvious that not enough people care. If the sales haven't told them that by now, than perhaps a cancelation will.

Goddessreicho said:
Didn't the Storm mini drop off the top 100. And Bp is something like #82 or 89. I can't really remember.

It's now obvious that this BP arc has no legs, and that the huge media campaign didn't work.

I wonder what going to happen when if it continues its downward path.

IIRC, both books had a increase in sales

But in may the storm mini sank outta the top 100, and Bp 15 ranks in the 80's.

The marketing campaign did not increase sales.

Does anyne have info on what number the wedding arc peaked at?

Right now as much of a Storm fan I am, I am far more interested in what's gonna happen to Peter Parker ever since he
came outta the superhero closet in front of the whole world.

Now that actually IS something that will change the face of Marvel, not the wedding of a C-list character. Looking at the rate of failed marriges in comics it doesn't look to good that way either.

Edit: seriously don't read the spoiler if you don't really want to know

Edit some more: Marvel had plenty of chance over (how many decades has BP been out) to fix his status, and they didn't. Does he deserve to be C-list, def not IMO, but bottom line: he is.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Well...the wedding is close guys. How are we feeling about it?

Personally I've decided to take a step back and see how it's handled. The talk of the "World Tour" does sound somewhat interesting...but I have serious concerns about the sales. My biggest worry is that if it flops we will lose the book--and exposure for Storm and Black Panther consequently--altogether.

How has the concept been selling so far?

I'm feeling excited about the wedding and World Tour--sounds like an interesting arc for the couple. The sales have dropped off recently for both the Storm mini and BP after they saw an increase. :(

Hopefully people will show more support for it at least beginning with #18. Support is key to maintaining exposure for Storm and Black Panther.

Anywho, next up: #17 Bachelor Party! http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=5625

**sigh**

Storm reminds me of tina turner in that preview fro some reason.....

thanks to marvel FORCING the wedding on us...it hasnt gone down well with the fans....people dont care anymore...and i will be suprised if the wedding issue makes it into the top 20.

sebita said:
Is Malice within T'Shaan's body? If so, Ororo defeated her once, she can do it again.

Also, why do I have the distinct feeling that the reason the little Kenyan minister hired Man-Ape is to stop Ororo from becoming Queen of Kenya?

No, it's not Malice. It's a villain named Cannibal.

Also Ororo can't become the Queen of Kenya because it's a republic. You should know that already.

I forgot this thread was even here. Anyway, yeah I think the whole media blitz or the attempt didn't really help things much here. Not that I feel bad about it cause how they went about it was just horrible anyway. I'll restate I have no problem with them marrying as long as it's for the right reasons (to expand both characters) and it has the proper build up like nearly all of the other high profile Marvel marriages (Reed/Sue, Peter/MJ, Luke/Jessica, Jean/Scott).

Last time I checked at Icv2, these were the sales for those interesting. There is the increase at the very start but then it just continues to drop. Not a massive drop but still it's going down.

http://www.icv2.com/search/search.html?q=Top+300+Comic+Actual&x=0&y=0

Feb
BLACK PANTHER #13 26,054
STORM #1 (Of 6) 32,831

March
BLACK PANTHER #14 28,809
STORM #2 (Of 6) 25,905

Apirl
BLACK PANTHER #15 28,361
STORM #3 (Of 6) 24,214

May
BLACK PANTHER #16 28,091
STORM #4 (Of 6) 22,513

I expect #17 to actually be around 27,500 to 26,900 or lower depending on what happen in #16. Don't really know or really care while we're at it so can't make a call on it.

I do think the wedding issue might show a sales increase but NOT because of the actual wedding. It will ONLY increase I feel because it's a Civil War tie in issue. Even then it wouldn't be any massive jump I think. Even when it happens it won't be what people are talking about cause if there are more surpires in the Civil War and there most certainly arc, BP's issue will be dwarfed in the process as it really isn't that important to the actual Civil War event and it has a very limited audience anyway.

Support, Storm doesn't really need the support when it comes to these titles. She can easily be reinserted into X-men I feel. BP is the one that needs support or he either goes into limbo or back to guess staring or cameoing in othr titles.

Right now, I think Superman Returns is drawing more attention than this wedding. He's like the Great White Hope.

I can't help myself, but I feel the whole wedding thing as extremely forced attempt to increase the sales of Black Panther (Storm is in the X-men, so she's got no problem...). I mean, the whole thing came with no hints in previous issues, no building up. It was just like...mm...a thunder coming from clear bright sky. And if you want my opinion, this wedding won't last long. How many pairs in Marvelverse really did, after all?

Read it before you all talk nonsense.Sure it came up fast,but hints have been present for years in past issues of BP and MTU.There's a history there but one that's never been explained until now.

Optic Rage said:
**sigh**

Storm reminds me of tina turner in that preview fro some reason.....

thanks to marvel FORCING the wedding on us...it hasnt gone down well with the fans....people dont care anymore...and i will be suprised if the wedding issue makes it into the top 20.

dude,you're like a broken record.shut the hell up.

GNR4Life said:
Read it before you all talk nonsense.Sure it came up fast,but hints have been present for years in past issues of BP and MTU.There's a history there but one that's never been explained until now.

How Wolverine said "I hate to break it to you, bub", but I'm reading X-men all the way from the first issue. I know those two had history together, history that cannot be left out. BUT I mean this present situation. I don't know what happened in previous Black Panthers but I do know that X-men were heading their normal way...

GNR4Life said:
dude,you're like a broken record.shut the hell up.

Seriously man, you need to learn how to handle a different opinion.

Well its painfully obvious that this wedding didn't have the legs Marvel, Hudlin, and its fans hoped for.
Even when the wedding issue hits the stands I don't think its gonna be the landmark issue that it was hyped for. Not enough people care. No offense, but that's the truth. The fan base isn't big enough.

The over hyped media costly media blitz and Hudlin's crappy attitude didn't help.

If the numbers don't pick up and stay up, it won't last. It'll get retconned just like all the other gambles and oopisies that didn't work.

Godessreicho: Amen. Reality might be cruel. I'm sorry for that, because Storm is one of my favourite characters in X-men franchise. I can just hope it will turn better.

By the way, I see you've got athing or two for works of Matt Gardner :D

Wishful thinking, guys. It's going to happen and there are enough people who love it.