DC Television Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

I notice that Gunn followed Alethea Jones (who’s directed episodes of Dollface and Mrs. Davis, among other shows) on IG, and it looks like she’s followed most of the cast.

Feels like a safe bet that she might be one of the season’s directors.
She was attached to "Barbie", before the film changed production from Sony to Warner.

I seem to recall the rumor at one time being that he would pop up again in Waller, when that was supposed to be the next time we saw the Peacemaker crew. Now that Peacemaker S2 and Waller got swapped, it makes sense to see Flag here.

Hopefully he will not kill Peacemaker.
I love Cena playing him.

It's kind of weird seeing Grillo as Kinnaman's father. He doesn't look that much older.

I like the idea story-wise, though. It's something that should come back and haunt Peacemaker.

It's kind of weird seeing Grillo as Kinnaman's father. He doesn't look that much older.

I like the idea story-wise, though. It's something that should come back and haunt Peacemaker.
Based on the Creature Commandos character design, I kind of feel like they’re going to age him up a bit…

03265bd998a20fc6a6d4940db68a2b3dc9e10bdc.jpg

Looks like David Denman (The Office, Mare of Easttown) started following Cena, Danielle Brooks and the Peacemaker account on Instagram.

Plus Corenswet and a few of the Superman cast too.

With Denman’s character being kept under wraps, I wonder if there’s something to the fact that he’s following both Peacemaker and Superman cast members on IG.

With Denman’s character being kept under wraps, I wonder if there’s something to the fact that he’s following both Peacemaker and Superman cast members on IG.
Honestly cannot figure out a character he could be playing. Gonna guess some Argus/checkmate spy or tech guy.

My main exposure to Bordeaux is through Batman, but she's a really strong character.

I doubt it'll ever get explored that deeply but I do hope they keep the backstory of Sasha having been Bruce Wayne's bodyguard. Would be a cool little bit of worldbuilding.

I doubt it'll ever get explored that deeply but I do hope they keep the backstory of Sasha having been Bruce Wayne's bodyguard. Would be a cool little bit of worldbuilding.
I was literally thinking the same thing earlier.

Since this season would, technically, be a part of the DCU, it would absolutely be some great world building to at least even slightly hint at Bruce Wayne since who knows when The Brave and The Bold or any Bat-family stuff could come up?

Just noticed that Bill Sienkiewicz posted this the other day. I know it doesn't really mean anything insofar as Sol's casting is concerned, but the timing is nonetheless interesting.

Wonder if Tim Meadows' character might be Adebayo's father?

So the most popular theory is the guy on the right is Keith (Peacemaker's brother) and he's alive in this universe.

Not a huge fan of this one since the reveal that Peacemaker accidentally killed his brother because of his white supremacist piece of **** father was pretty important to Peacemaker's character arc.

I'll wait and see, I guess.

Last edited:
Cue faux outrage over everything Gunn said the last day or so.

I think Gunn knows Smith's brother dying was very important for the character so even if it is that (I doubt it), it won't be so cut and dry. He could also just have another brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"