Suicide Squad movie tone thread: More like Comic Con Trailer or 1st Official Trailer?

It's probably gonna be a mixture of both.

I think a mixture is worse than one way or the other. It just dilutes it enough to just put it above the acceptability line for a larger margin of people and make more money. That's of course what's needed but I still like it when something comes out unfiddled with by studio oversight.

I think a mixture is worse than one way or the other. It just dilutes it enough to just put it above the acceptability line for a larger margin of people and make more money. That's of course what's needed but I still like it when something comes out unfiddled with by studio oversight.

Well, we'll see come August 5th. I mean we just don't know at this point. Maybe David Ayer found a way to add it in without making the film look broken.

True. I hope WB releases a Directors Cut to let the fans know what was changed to just let fans be able to at some point compare them as opposed to never knowing.

True. I hope WB releases a Directors Cut to let the fans know what was changed to just let fans be able to at some point compare them as opposed to never knowing.

I want the theatrical release to be the director's cut. Releasing an inferior version should not become commonplace.

Successfully mixing does not dilute. The commonly considered greatest movies of all time understand how to contrast comedy and drama to create something more.

That's when mixing is done right. This seems the opposite.

I agree that releasing an inferior version in theaters sucks. However, I'd take releasing a special edition later as opposed to never being able to see this better version ever. I get that really high budgeted films need to make their money back by limiting run time, forcing in quips, making it more casual, reducing the rating to pg13, and so forth. Therefore, if they release a directors cut and don't alter the score to go along with the theatrical version, I'd be cool with that.

Last edited:
As far as the trailers are concerned, they seem to be following the same quirky-fun marketing of GoTG/Deadpool, remains to be seen if the movie is as good..

Based on what?

A kneejerk reaction to how BvS was received (spin articles galore on being too dark) and the amount of money at risk not only on this blockbuster movie but hoping to play it safe to keep the train going with more movies to come. I'm not arguing the necessity of this just that it doesn't bode well when a film's identity keeps getting shifted around to do this more often than not.

Hopefully the 1st trailer, it was the trailer that sold me, the comicon trailer was kinda meh for me.

If we get a sequel what kind of tone would you like to see?

Something more like the later trailers, or more like the first one? And did you think the trailers accurately represented the movie you saw?

It almost doesn't matter, as long as WB picks a tone *before* filming, and sticks to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"