Sunday school teacher fired for being female

Daisy said:
Nuh-uh... they're where angels play... because horns hurt but the halos actually are good. :)

Is that a diaphragm joke? :confused:

jag

Daisy said:
Nuh-uh... they're where angels play... because horns hurt but the halos actually are good. :)

I meant I was the devil:o

The verse that says "women should learn in quietness and submission" was meant specifically for the particular congregation that Paul wrote to. It may be from 1 corinthians, and that congregation had a "problem with loud women".

It's meant 1) for that particular church, and 2) when a person is being loud and disruptive that prevents others from getting the "full impact" of worship and the sermon.

This particular church has completely missed the point of that verse. Damned idiots.

The preceeding was written by an atheist :D

LOL, I love how the belief of most christians has the power to even blind them to English words.:confused:

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:33b-35 NIV)

and in First Timothy 2 he says,

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (1 Timothy 2:11-12 NIV)

That is not talking about a specific church.

Jesus, how much more clear do you have to BE?!?

As in all the congregations of the saints
, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission

Lol, I'd say it's hilarious if it weren't so scary and pathetic.

P.s. Th^t's the modern, very liberal NIV translation.

Wilhelm, I'm not a believer you dumbass.

I'm an Atheist.

K? :up:

And I never knew Paul knew perfect english in the first century CE

Addendum said:
Wilhelm, I'm not a believer you dumbass.

I'm an Atheist.

K? :up:

And I never knew Paul knew perfect english in the first century CE
Yeah, i noticed that you're an AtheistBut you mouthed the exact words of every flimsy, watered-down Christian with which I've raised this issue.

Since it's my opinion and the "biblical sanctity" doesn't mean **** to me, I value my opinion over what the common view of a book says.

And for ****s and giggles, The role of women in church

Discuss to your content. I'll sit back and drink a beer

Atheist

I wanted to know what it was like.

Addendum said:
Since it's my opinion and the "biblical sanctity" doesn't mean **** to me, I value my opinion over what the common view of a book says.
Well I should HOPE you value your opinion over common Biblical interpretation!:eek:

Also, please note that I started off by saying my disgust only extends to those unfortunates who actually believe that the entire BIBLE was divinely inspired.
Obviously it wasn't Jesus that admonished women to sit down and shut up. It was Paul and Timothy, 'cause they were misogynistic ass****s.

Paul wrote the two books of Timothy, they were letters from Paul to Timothy.

Lackey said:
Thanks.
That's weird.
But you know that bastard Tim agreed with him.

JLBats said:
Atheist

I wanted to know what it was like.

Atheist

Atheist

Atheist

Atheist

Atheist

Atheist

Atheist

cool! :cool:

Lackey said:

Which books did Ringo write???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:csad:

Themanofbat said:
Which books did Ringo write???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:csad:

...I don't get it, who was Timothy supposed to be? Timothy Leary?

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"