High School Teacher Suspended for Taping Up Student

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
ku-bigpic.png

A high school teacher has been suspended for allegedly taping a student’s hands together and then trying to tape her mouth shut. Greg Sims, a science teacher at Lake Brantley High School in Altamonte Springs, Florida, will be suspended without pay for five days.

According to Superintendent Walt Griffin, Sims “taped a student’s hands together, attempted to tape her mouth closed as a means of addressing her disturbing the class and taped her book bag to a pole in the classroom.” Griffin also notes that Sims' behavior was “unacceptable conduct” and “egregious” for a professional educator.

Yet this is not the first time Sims has been in trouble for misbehavior. In 1999, he was sent an official warning letter, in 2001 he was suspended without pay for “embarrassing students,” in 2005 he was again warned for calling a female student a “derogatory name,” and in 2008 he was suspended without pay for “repeated misconduct” and “embarrassing students.” All three suspensions stem from charges of embarrassing female students.

The school-district spokesman, Mike Lawrence, said that Sims would “likely” face firing if he has any more trouble when he returns to the classroom next week. Which is good because they should definitely wait and see if the behavior is part of a pattern before jumping to any permanent conclusions.

Why in the heck would an educator feel this was ok? And why does this guy still have a job? I know high school teachers don't get tenure

I didn't know that Stephen King's twin brother was a teacher.

I know a lot of states are hard up for more teachers but are we really this desperate?

A sexist teacher who has been repeatedly suspended/reprimanded for showing it is awesome?

That teacher is awesome in my book

I'm all for outrageous stunts to show the kids you're cool but this guy is a mental case. Going out of your way to embarrass female students will just turn them off to what your saying specially if it goes so far that you're reprimanded by the school. And taping a child up and trying to tape her mouth shut is borderline torture and pretty psychotic behavior in my book

My sisters 6 years younger than me and I see the types of girls that are in her age group that are juniors/seniors, they are absolute nightmares with no moral boundaries or self control. I guarantee the students in his classes he freaked out on had it coming to them.

Ive seen teachers just sit back and take constant abuse from their students who no matter how many times reprimanded continue to cause the class issues with fear they'll get fired for acting out against these little *******s.

My sisters 6 years younger than me and I see the types of girls that are in her age group that are juniors/seniors, they are absolute nightmares with no moral boundaries or self control. I guarantee the students in his classes he freaked out on had it coming to them.
You can guarantee no such thing.

Being annoying is not a good reason for being force-ably restrained and humiliated.

I understand what your saying Nick but there are acceptable things to do as a teacher. And this guy has a pattern of targeting females. By doing something like this he has lost all credibility with his students. They may not act up but they aren't going to listen and apply life lessons which is what school is all about.

Additionally, it should be up to the parents to do some damned parenting instead of going off on the teachers and every other adult who has to deal with their anti-social nightmare children. If the parents were doing their part at home this wouldn't be the situation it is now.

Additionally, it should be up to the parents to do some damned parenting instead of going off on the teachers and every other adult who has to deal with their anti-social nightmare children. If the parents were doing their part at home this wouldn't be the situation it is now.
Yeah, but that's a HUGE part of the problem, if not THE problem. Most parents defend their kids' horrible behavior no matter what and say things like, "my child would never do anything like that," and make excuses for the child while blaming anyone and everyone else.

That is the major problem. Denying your disobedient child is the cause, not the victim is common these days. Every time we see a story on bullying or a teenager committing a crime, it's always the perpetrator's parents saying their kid couldn't do that, they aren't like that... even as there's video, multiple witnesses and in some cases, the police there themselves to catch them.

Yeah, but that's a HUGE part of the problem, if not THE problem. Most parents defend their kids' horrible behavior no matter what and say things like, "my child would never do anything like that," and make excuses for the child while blaming anyone and everyone else.

My mom beat my ass whenever I cut up in class. The only time my mom stood up for me was when I was 6-7 my teacher would constantly put me in detention, sometimes with no evidence of me doing anything wrong. Him and my mom had words after class one day and all the kids and I watched as she chewed him out and he "retired" the next week. lol

But don't get me wrong, if I was being a little ******* my mom was the first one to let me know it was my fault.

In 1999, he was sent an official warning letter, in 2001 he was suspended without pay for “embarrassing students,” in 2005 he was again warned for calling a female student a “derogatory name,” and in 2008 he was suspended without pay for “repeated misconduct” and “embarrassing students.”

God damn. I'm surprised he managed to make it from 2009 to 2012 without another mark against him.

Most likely he was able to get away with his incidents in any official reprimands for that time.

My mom beat my ass whenever I cut up in class. The only time my mom stood up for me was when I was 6-7 my teacher would constantly put me in detention, sometimes with no evidence of me doing anything wrong. Him and my mom had words after class one day and all the kids and I watched as she chewed him out and he "retired" the next week. lol

But don't get me wrong, if I was being a little ******* my mom was the first one to let me know it was my fault.

That used to be how things were. That kind of thing just doesn't happen much anymore at all.

This pretty much sums it up
then-vs-now-5.jpg

I wish when someone came in to find out what was going on this was the scene

eric-edwards-chalkboard-problem-2-child-2-movie-photo-GC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"