Super Mario Super Mario Odyssey

Fuggen LOVE Odyssey. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time, period. It's a joy to play. The difficulty setting is just right and the capturing mechanic is genius. I like this more than BOTW. I've always been more of a Mario person. Apparently when you pass the story the first time, the worlds open up with tons more moons as well. :up:

I'll be putting up some reviews from some gamernew outlets later to day.

I've only put about 3hrs into it, but so far, it's a ton of fun. The game is gorgeous, and the new abilities are fun, and I love going into a 2D 8-bit area. Very cool idea.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the weird swivel controls you have to do for certain actions. You can still pull them off easily with a Pro Controller, but is there a way to do those without having to swivel your controller, or is that the only way? I haven't even played the game in portable form, and I can see that being a bit weird to do.

Nintendo and their motion controls. I bought a Pro Controller to play, but it feels awkward doing the Cap Spin Attack without feeling like I'm flinging my controller to my television. :funny:

Mario feels a little slow to me, but then again I haven't played a Mario game since Galaxy 2 on the Wii.

Nintendo - We're gonna force you to move your fat ass, gaming nerds.

It feels so good to triple jump again. Ahh, memories of Mario 64.

I am using the joy cons, so the motion controls don't bother me too much. For some reason, the split joycons are really comfortable to me.

Also I got Mario in a poncho and sombrero (cultural appropriation be damned) while the [blackout]Sand Kingdom is still frozen[/blackout]. I'm terrible. :p

I plan on picking this up tonight after doing a haunted house. :up:

Encouraging to see the good reviews.

So far so good. Points off for Wii gimmicks but other than that, this seems to be perfect so far.

Last edited:
Gonna have to X-Mas list this.

Got to the first Bowser fight.

It's real good.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]ctHuN-dHVCY[/YT]
Super Mario Odyssey Game Review - Reviews on the Run - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]4.9K views1 day ago Published on 10/26/2017[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Vic and John team up to review one of the biggest games this year! Super Mario Odyssey is the next exclusive addition to the Nintendo Switch. Was it worth the wait? Find

[/FONT]

Victor Lucas3 hrs ·

Hey cool! Had a blast talking with CTV & Nintendo fans at the launch of Super Mario Odyssey—I want more celebratory events like that! https://t.co/iIu7bSqY0O

kingdeaddeaddead???? on Twitter
“Super Mario Odyssey was on News today. Is that you @Victor_Lucas ?”
TWITTER.COM

Also with

source: EPN.tv&GI

Last edited:
I've been playing with the joy cons and a grip, and I haven't had a problem with the controls. But yeah, it's a fun game. It's just like the good old days, but probably better. I love how diverse the worlds are. From the beach, desert, city and jungle to the moon. I think the Switch is my favorite console now. It has the feel good classic like Mario and Zelda, and games like Doom, Wolfestein and La Noire are coming as well. Best of both worlds.

So the deeper parts of the Wooded Kingdom freaked me out. :funny:

I've been nursing this game. I've been trying to find as many power moons that I can before leaving each Kingdom.

Holy ****, the New Donk City festival. [blackout]Donkey Kong!!!! Classic DK vs Mario[/blackout] Perfect for Pauline. Man, this game is just a pure love letter to the history of Mario.

Also found the scooter there. Was not expecting that.

I've been nursing this game. I've been trying to find as many power moons that I can before leaving each Kingdom.

I've been playing all day--I'm only now leaving the Sand Kingdom. I've been trying to 100% them before moving onto the next.

There's so much to explore and find, but there are plenty of easy ways to help you through if you get stuck.

This game is pretty fantastic.

I’ve been getting the bare minimum of moons and moving on to the next world. When I have done the story I’ll go back and get everything.

The more I play, the more I'm loving it. The level design is brilliant. All of the hidden moons are so much fun to find. The base controls are really tight, and I know I was complaining about the motion controls earlier, and while I still don't like them, you don't really need to use them all that much, so it's not that big of a deal. Still wish they weren't implemented, but overall, it's hard to complain now, as the deeper I get into this game, the more I'm diggin it.

I may try to 100% this. We'll see, but I can see myself at least trying.

The base controls are really tight, and I know I was complaining about the motion controls earlier, and while I still don't like them, you don't really need to use them all that much, so it's not that big of a deal.
Agree. That's why I don't have a problem using the joy cons with the grip. It's fine to me.

This is really making me want to buy the switch bundle. Or maybe wait til Christmas.

The red joycons are really cool. Luckily, I think supply has caught up with demand.

Holy ****, the New Donk City festival. [blackout]Donkey Kong!!!! Classic DK vs Mario[/blackout] Perfect for Pauline. Man, this game is just a pure love letter to the history of Mario.

Also found the scooter there. Was not expecting that.

I just got through this section and yes it was amazing.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]ctHuN-dHVCY[/YT]
Super Mario Odyssey Game Review - Reviews on the Run - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]4.9K views1 day ago Published on 10/26/2017[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Vic and John team up to review one of the biggest games this year! Super Mario Odyssey is the next exclusive addition to the Nintendo Switch. Was it worth the wait? Find

[/FONT]

Also with

source: EPN.tv&GI

Fallowing up on the reviews

Yesterday at 12:05am
·

Ian & Don got a new hat...but there might be evil lurking within...& they might go on an odyssey of some kind... youtu.be/lrEVHJg78yk

[YT]lrEVHJg78yk[/YT]

Ian & Don's Evil Odyssey Within!
It's Halloween on Easy Update this week and Ian and Don are given a magic hat with some very odd properties! Support…

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSReview Roundup: Super Mario Odyssey is a masterpiece Oct 26, 2017

Super Mario Odyssey is hitting the Nintendo Switch tomorrow, October 27th, but before that, reviews have confirmed...Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source:[/FONT]Easy Allies[FONT=&quot]&Gamezone[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members