Super Mario Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch exclusive)

Mario Kart has developed so much since I last played it.

I think the last MK game I played was the 1st one on the SNES.

I think that qualifies as being a really long time ago........lol.

Mario Kart 8 is really the best the franchise has ever been. I say that as someone who's devoured every Mario Kart game Nintendo has made (including the strange arcade version). Adding battle mode makes this the ultimate MK experience and I'm still annoyed I have to wait even another second for this game. I WANT IT NOW!

MK7 and MK8 are the best. And now with the implementation of a true Battle Mode, this will probably be the best.

I will say though, I'm a bit skeptical about holding two items. I think it'll make the game a lot easier.

I think the last MK game I played was the 1st one on the SNES.

I think that qualifies as being a really long time ago........lol.

The SNES version was the one I put hundreds of hours into. The last one I played was on the wii and that was great but I was too busy to spend much time on it. Mainly played that in local Vs with friends.

The Wii game is probably one of the lesser MKs from what I can remember. MK8 was a big step up from that.

Good to know. I want to check this one out asap. It all looks so much bigger and better.

Iceman, did you get a Switch? or are you planning to?

Buying this and Splatoon 2 when I got more monies. Still debating on buying Snake Pass and Yooka Laylee.

I'm honestly considering getting a switch for this. That's how much I loved MK8 on Wii U.

Being able to play MK8 ANYWHERE is going to be like a drug for me. My productivity is going to go down the toilet more so with this than it did with Breath of the Wild.

Being able to play MK8 ANYWHERE is going to be like a drug for me. My productivity is going to go down the toilet more so with this than it did with Breath of the Wild.

You're in luck, cause now you can play MK8 on your toilet.

Iceman, did you get a Switch? or are you planning to?

I don't have one yet but they've already done the job of convincing me that it's something that would be worth it for me (and I was totally disinterested in the wii U and got very bored of the wii after the first year when the novelty was fun). But I have such a large game backlog (about 700 games lol), less time and limited space for more electronics now that I will probably leave it at my sister's house (who I visit about every 2 weeks). I would likely only be buying some old favourites for it that I will replay the hell out of. However if one of my friends who lives close gets one I won't buy my own (trying to convince them!).

I don't have one yet but they've already done the job of convincing me that it's something that would be worth it for me (and I was totally disinterested in the wii U and got very bored of the wii after the first year when the novelty was fun). But I have such a large game backlog (about 700 games lol), less time and limited space for more electronics now that I will probably leave it at my sister's house (who I visit about every 2 weeks). I would likely only be buying some old favourites for it that I will replay the hell out of. However if one of my friends who lives close gets one I won't buy my own (trying to convince them!).

ah, gotcha.

The last proper Nintendo console I owned was the Gamecube. And the last handheld I owned was the Gameboy Advanced.

So, I've definitely been out of the Nintendo picture for quite some time now.....lol.

but, like you, the Switch has convinced me it's at least worth considering.

It's just a matter of availability and priority.

ah, gotcha.

The last proper Nintendo console I owned was the Gamecube. And the last handheld I owned was the Gameboy Advanced.

So, I've definitely been out of the Nintendo picture for quite some time now.....lol.

but, like you, the Switch has convinced me it's at least worth considering.

It's just a matter of availability and priority.

I had a good feeling about it from the moment it was announced, the opposite of my wii U experience. Loved the look of it and I'm interested in something portable that syncs with a main console, although I'd rather have that with my primary console. And seeing games like Zelda and Mario Kart in all their glory has tipped the scales. Was expecting Zelda to be good but not that good and modern day Mario Kart looks like something you could lose hours in without realising.

I had a good feeling about it from the moment it was announced, the opposite of my wii U experience. Loved the look of it and I'm interested in something portable that syncs with a main console, although I'd rather have that with my primary console. And seeing games like Zelda and Mario Kart in all their glory has tipped the scales. Was expecting Zelda to be good but not that good and modern day Mario Kart looks like something you could lose hours in without realising.

agreed.

that final Zelda trailer sold me on the console. and MK 8 does look like fun.

I'm ready for this to come out, so I can get back into it. I'm interested in seeing how these new characters handle. I'll probably stick to my main: Waluigi, Wiggler, small tires, light glider(cloud).

I saw some comparison videos between the Wii U and Switch version and while the difference between the 720p Wii U and 1080p Switch wasn't super dramatic it was noticeable. Some of the animations and visual quirks of the game looked smoother on the Switch. I'm extremely hyped to pick this up next week.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Shows Off Its Revamped Battle Mode And Its 8 Arenas. April 19, 2017 . 9:30am

A new video gives us a good look at the eight new battle arenas in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s revamped Battle Mode.

7 comments Read >

mariokart8deluxeheader_thumb.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just over a week away from releasing for the Nintendo Switch. The port will feature a revamped Battle Mode complete with 8 new Battle Arenas, three of which are from previous Mario Kart titles while the remaining five are brand-new.

Nintendo Life recently got the chance to check out check out these eight new arenas, and you can watch the extensive footage of their gameplay in the video below.

[YT]Zo1JQnakmN8[/YT]

All 8 New Battle Arenas in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch

[FONT="]
  • 16,842 views1 day ago
[/FONT]

While the original Mario Kart 8 reused the game’s racing tracks for its Battle Mode, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe revamps the feature with the eight custom battle maps of Battle Stadium, Sweet Sweet Kingdom, Dragon Palace, Lunar Colony, Wuhu Town (from 3DS), Luigi’s Mansion (from GameCube), Battle Course 1 (from SNES), and Urchin Underpass (from Splatoon).

Deluxe also introduces the new “Renegade Roundup” mode, a team-based battle mode that is kind of like Cops & Robbers, except the cops have piranha plants on their cars, used to send the robbers to jail.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will release for the Nintendo Switch on April 28th, 2017.

Read more stories about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

video review

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]7:03[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[YT]PhVy1aa2ZLs[/YT]
[FONT=&quot]Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Review!! - Reviews on the Run - Electric Playground

• 1,675 views5 hours ago
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Published on 26 Apr 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has arrived for the Nintendo Switch! Victor Lucas and Johnny "Happy Console Gamer" Millennium have their Review on the Run! It's the next big game after Zelda: Breath of the Wild! But can it live up to expectations? Is it just a rehash of the WiiU game? Is it worth getting if you own it already? Your answers to those question and a whole lot more are in the vid. Enjoy and let us know what you think!

source: EPN.tv
[/FONT]

I've only played about an hour of this, but I'm not sure how I like the two items in this. It definitely makes it more random/chaotic, and the addition of the Boo item is incredibly frustrating. If you're in first or second, it's hard to hold onto any item for longer than 10-15 seconds, as you'll get spammed by Lightning, Boos, or Blue Shells. It's almost laughable how much you'll get your items taken away from you. I liked the introduction of the horn in the Wii U version, so you could combat against the Blue Shell, but now that you can hold two items, and people get lighting and Boos all the time, it just makes it useless, as you'll get those taken away all the time.

I haven't even touched Battle Mode. I'll try that out when I get back home later tonight or tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I've played battle mode on any Mario Kart game. How does it work exactly? Is it still a race?

I'm not sure if I've played battle mode on any Mario Kart game. How does it work exactly? Is it still a race?

You're in an Arena, and you have balloons over you. You collect items, and use them against your opponents, to try and pop their balloons. When all of your balloons are popped, you're out.

Oh, and another thing I forgot to say. The game automatically puts you into "smart steering" mode, and you have to go through the menus to turn it off. If you have it on, you can't do shortcuts, as the smart steering feature tries to keep you on the track at all times. It was driving me mad at first, cause it felt like Nintendo put up invisible walls for the shortcuts. Also, it's a bit odd and convoluted in how you have to turn it off, as there's no straight up menu. Here's a video showing how to do it.

[YT]jlyP41cO280[/YT]

You're in an Arena, and you have balloons over you. You collect items, and use them against your opponents, to try and pop their balloons. When all of your balloons are popped, you're out.

That sounds familiar. Still not sure if I've actually played it. Was it on the wii version? I think I'd probably prefer regular battle racing but I'd definitely try it.

This game is so great. Mario Kart 8 was already my favorite Mario Kart, but this one takes everything to the next level for me. I'm having way too much fun.

BTW, here's my FC if any of you want to play: SW-3192-7498-9018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"