Superheroes of today are 'bad role models'

Someone like this woman is dangerous. You know who she sounds like? She sounds like that professor back in the 1950's who targeted the EC horror comics and said they were warping chlidren's brains. He got those comics banned and, honestly, he wanted all comic books banned. People see something that's popular, they target it, and they want it to help make them famous. It's not Tony Stark we have to worry about. He's ficitonal. It's you, honey, with your warped way of doing your psychological research.

Have you read some of those? Some of them were like Vertigo titles today. I've read a few and they dealt with murder, dismemberment and monsters eating you alive. Most of them weren't that bad but some of them were really good horror comics.

Implying that Superman is no longer relevant to comics is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard.

i was at theater in february of 09 and i overheard a mother talking to her two kids asking if they wanted to see watchmen the following week. little kids. I had to take it upon myself to warn her. there was a very obvious and large R rating on the bottom of the poster. Now I place very litte stock in the mpaa ratings but they are there as a fairly useful guide. why are parents so stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"