Superman '78 vs Batman '89 vs Green Lantern '11 vs Wonder Woman '17 vs Aquaman '18 vs The Flash '23

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
With the exception of Martian Manhunter, each of the Justice League's 7 founding members has had a big budget live action movie.

Out of the options listed on the poll, which movie did you like the most?

I didn't see the Flash , but in terms of my favorite ,it's Batman 1989.
giphy.gif

Out of those options, obviously Wonder Woman.

There were better options for Batman, though.

Better options in terms of quality, sure. Better options in terms of fitting the theme I was going for...no. Not really. Only other option would've been the '66 film.

Yeah, what's the theme? 89 isn't even Batman's first theatrical film.

It's just a weird poll. Especially if the question is, which member has the best film. It's Batman. He might have the top 5. TDKT, The Batman, and The LEGO Batman Movie, none of which are on the list.

The title of the thread has been changed to hopefully avoid any confusion.

I voted for Superman. I think it does the best job at bringing it's lead character to life, and overall, is the best film out of these options.

Last edited:
The three I rate highest get 8/10; Batman '89, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. To break the tie I've got to go with the impact the films had on me on first watch, and the winner is Batman '89. Batman Returns is better IMO, but B89 first showed the world what those of us raised on Adam West (no disrespect, love him) had been wanting for years.

(Also, really enjoyed The Flash. 7.5/10)

I could easily make an argument for Donner’s Superman, Batman 89 or for Wonder Woman. All three are landmark for different reasons imo and I love all three.

i rewatch batman '89 the most out of all these, as its the most fun to me of this list.

but i gotta give it up to the granddaddy of them all - superman '78 as the best movie.
donner and reeves really set the benchmark for superhero films.
and created the template for superhero origin movies.

My head says probably Superman '78, but my heart says Batman '89...

Batman 89 is my fave superhero film, it doesn't have much of a story, but the atmosphere/visuals/performances just make me want to keep watching it every few months.

78 and 89

They basically solidified my love for superheroes.

They remain in my top 10 all-time superhero movies even though I'm more of a marvel fan and its been over three decades.

Superman 78 for me with Wonder Woman as a close second

Superman '78.

Reeve truly embodied his character more than Keaton and Gadot.

Last edited:
Batman 89, probably due to my age at the time it came out.

Of the choices given…

In terms of narrative structure and cohesion, I’d place Wonder Woman on top.

Second place would be either Superman or Batman. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. (Of course, STM gets major kudos for its pioneering status — the first big-budget theatrical superhero movie and ancestor to all others. And for some fans, this historical importance counts for a lot.)

I didn’t think much of Green Lantern, Aquaman or The Flash. So IMO, they’re a (very) distant 4th, 5th and 6th place.

BATMAN 89
Superman 78
Wonder Woman 17
Aquaman 18
The Flash 23
Green Lantern 11

For me, it’s Batman ‘89; and it’s not really even close for the others, tbh.

I could be convinced otherwise for what ranks 2-6, but I think this is where I stand:

- Batman ‘89
- Superman (1978)
- Wonder Woman (2017)
- Green Lantern: Extended Cut (2011)
- Aquaman (2018)
- The Flash (2023)

Superman was my first Superhero movie so it means so much for me.
Thanks. --.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"