Superman '78 vs Batman '89 vs Green Lantern '11 vs Wonder Woman '17 vs Aquaman '18 vs The Flash '23

Superman the movie
Batman 89
WW.

For me is Aquaman and then it would be Wonder Woman or Supes 78

I'm surprised by all the praise for Batman 89, i was in denial about it when i was a kid back in 89, thinking it was really good, but i was kidding myself on because i had wanted the world to see how batman should be presented best onscreen, ie serious and dark.
it has some great scenes but as a whole it's not very faithful to the characters(batman using guns against people, alfred giving up his secret id to a reporter who wasnt even his real girlfriend at the time, the joker being a normal gangster after gangster power, not to mention chasing a woman), its a terribly boring movie, and the costume is terrible, it looks like hes running in high heels when hes running along the street trying to hold his cape up.
batman returns is a lot better, i was satisfied with that when i came out of the cinema.

my fav from the list is superman78, wonder woman was good too, but green lantern was terrible and made me feel like the mythlology of gl is just flawed and not fit for comics or film or tv, thats how bad it was, i want to be proven wrong with the new tv series, if it gets made.

but batman89 what a stinker of a batman movie that was , its almost as bad as batman and robin, which is also boring as hell, nevre mind embaressing. At least batman 89 had some character faithful scenes in isolation. its not all bad but pretty bad, sort of like the phantom menace of batman movies id say, some really great scenes but a misfire of epic proportions. thank god people liked it though, so more movies could be made, the comics were a lot better that were being published at the time and im glad it got people into the comicbook stores to see how the real batman should really be presented.
thank god for the nolan movies.

edit: i thought the acting was all good though, keaton played a great bw/bm, nicholson was a fine joker etc i just thought the characters were written unfaithfully, sam hamm wrote a great batman story in the comics of the time as well, blind justice, so its surprising his characterisations were off.

Last edited:
This is a tough question. Objectively, I'd say Aquaman did the most justice to the character that it represented. It has very few flaws.

However, I doubt that I'll shock anyone when I say that I've watched Green Lantern more than any of the others on this list. Despite aspects that are obviously underwhelming, I still got the see the Green Lantern Corps together. That was, and still is, thrilling for me.

I gotta with Wonder Woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"