Which DC Hero(es) Deserves a Film Most?

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
Which DC Hero deserves a film most that hasn't had one before?

Green Arrow
A mixture of Batman, Tony Stark, and Robin Hood could make for a great more mature superhero film. Probably wouldn't even need a huge budget.

Wonder Woman
Greek mythology/sword and sandals films are pretty popular (Clash of the Titans, 300, Percy Jackson, Spartacus:B&S) might be the right time to release Wonder Woman. Also its about time for a good female action/comic book film.

The Flash
Wally West is my favorite hero after Batman. Also people (in my opinion unfairly) say that DC heroes aren't relatable and Wally would probably be more relatable to people. I'd be alot less exited when it's Barry in movie but still The Flash's power would be very unique to see in live action.

Teen Titans
Everyone and there mom is looking for the next Harry Potter, Teen Titans could be it. But I think it would really walk the fine line of being cool and corny. Slightly OT: I kind of want to see what happens wit X-Men: First Class before I completely write off this idea.

Justice League
Yeah it would be cool to see a bunch of heroes team up, but it would be really difficult giving 7 main characters interesting development, decent screen time, etc. Also it depends if its a massive crossover or a self contained continuity

Aquaman
If you make it a story about a normal man becoming a king or a straight forward story about a king from the beginning over a superhero film it could be very good

Martian Manhunter
Remember in the first Justice LEague episode there was that flashback of John and the Green Martians vs the White Martians? I always thought that would make a good film, a nice twist on an invasion film. But I would probably make it a prequel released after a Justice League film if that ever happens
-----------------------
Personally I say Wondy. She's part of the DC Trinity and I just think her versus mythological creatures would be awesome to see

Last edited:
I voted for Wonder Woman, although I feel that if done right, the Flash would draw the biggest numbers of the solo heroes.

I think Wonder Woman deserves her own movie. Flash would be cool to see on the big screen as well.

Seems like I double posted.

Last edited:
Wonder Woman
Greek mythology/sword and sandals films are pretty popular (Clash of the Titans, 300, Percy Jackson, Spartacus:B&S) might be the right time to release Wonder Woman. Also its about time for a good female action/comic book film.

Without a doubt!!! It would be awesome!

The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and for other Shazam (Captain Marvel)

Wonder Woman for me too, with Flash and Martian Manhunter just behind.

Justice league after the top 3 are done. TT I agree would probably come off corny, imo stay animated.

Green Arrow and Aquaman; I'd go watch the movies, but because I'm a fan of comicbook movies, not so much because OF the characters.

Wonder Woman is way over due. I can't believe she has never had a movie. As part of the DC big 3 you'd think she'd at least have one film.

Following her is easily the Flash.

Flash also has some of the coolest villains out there IMO.

However, after finally watching the Wonder Woman animated film... wow! I really feel like they just need to slightly tweek that and make in a live action film.

My vote goes to The Flash (Wally West), but with Wonder Woman in a very close second. I think The Justice League should come afterward though and tie five branches of the DC movieverse together. I would much rather have something like what Marvel has been doing than to have a separate universe for the JL movie, although I don't want them to waste a bunch of time in the standalone films setting up for it like they did in Iron Man 2.

My vote goes to The Flash (Wally West), but with Wonder Woman in a very close second. I think The Justice League should come afterward though and tie five branches of the DC movieverse together. I would much rather have something like what Marvel has been doing than to have a separate universe for the JL movie, although I don't want them to waste a bunch of time in the standalone films setting up for it like they did in Iron Man 2.

I agree with alot of your points a Wally Flash film would be great, different, and funny. Barry less so but it could still be good. WW deserves one more but I think I would like to see a Flash film next
And yes JL should be part of 1 universe but instead of after credits scenes and junk like that they should just make casual refrences to things in the DC Universe. Ex: In the next Superman film they mention Central City or in GL they mention Oliver Queen

The Flash hands down.
We probably won't be getting a Wonder Woman movie for a long time and we have the failures of heroine movies to thank for that...

The Flash has a cool costume, funny and charming personality (Wally West), entertaining villains, and most importantly the superpowers.

I agree with alot of your points a Wally Flash film would be great, different, and funny. Barry less so but it could still be good. WW deserves one more but I think I would like to see a Flash film next
And yes JL should be part of 1 universe but instead of after credits scenes and junk like that they should just make casual refrences to things in the DC Universe. Ex: In the next Superman film they mention Central City or in GL they mention Oliver Queen

Yeah, that's how I would like to see it done too. It would be way more subtle if they just peppered the other films with little references, like you suggested. I think what Marvel is doing works at the end of the day, but I also feel that they're trying to cram in too much setup into the standalone films. I would rather the Justice League's creation happen entirely in one film, and have little hints at there being one DC movieverse scattered throughout the standalone films rather than scenes setting up for JLA.

The Flash for me. He's always been one of my favorite CB characters. SO i guess i'm a little biased lol

Yeah, that's how I would like to see it done too. It would be way more subtle if they just peppered the other films with little references, like you suggested. I think what Marvel is doing works at the end of the day, but I also feel that they're trying to cram in too much setup into the standalone films. I would rather the Justice League's creation happen entirely in one film, and have little hints at there being one DC movieverse scattered throughout the standalone films rather than scenes setting up for JLA.
definitely

for me its flash, ww, aquaman, green arrow, in no specific order. there is no reason any of these characters with the right crew backing it cant be a good film/film series.

Please bring on the Flash already. There is no way Flash is too bland for a movie, behind the guy with super-speed that dresses in spandex and fights costumed rogues, there's a simpleton who just wants to savor life before time catches up with him. It would be just as entertaining as Spider-Man, either with Barry or Wally.

for me with flash i still say it would be best to start with barry, have wally be a key supporting character in the first film. So while we are building up barry and the whole world of flash, we are also developing the wally character. So come time to 2nd or 3rd film which ever they want to do they already have wally ready to go to become the next flash. Personally this is how i hope it will be. Cause i would hate if they just skip over either, or do what the 90s tv show, or jl/jlu and merged barry-wally together. Cause there is no need to do that. Each have a good set of personality traits, and good supporting characters(as to who they are i am not to sure myself).

Ideally, I think they should do one with Barry, one where the torch passes to Wally, and then a third with just Wally as Flash. Really though, it all depends on how a Justice League movie works out. Maybe the torch will pass in the Justice League movie, and then the Flash movie series continues with Wally. The production timeline of all these DC films will be the key factor in how the transition works IMO.

And I really hope someone isn't going to jump in and say "Do 3 barry movies and then 3 Wally movies, and then maybe in 10 years you'll get to see Wally as Flash." That would not be much more fair to Wally fans than it would be to Barry fans if they just skipped Barry altogether.

totally there is so many factors to come into play we dont know, and we still dont know for sure if/when flash for example is going to hit the screens. Personally i still see no reason why we couldnt have had a flash film in this past decade, the tech is here the fans want it. But hopefully with DC changing their plans/ we will finally get good solid takes on their characters.

Ideally, I think they should do one with Barry, one where the torch passes to Wally, and then a third with just Wally as Flash. Really though, it all depends on how a Justice League movie works out. Maybe the torch will pass in the Justice League movie, and then the Flash movie series continues with Wally. The production timeline of all these DC films will be the key factor in how the transition works IMO.

And I really hope someone isn't going to jump in and say "Do 3 barry movies and then 3 Wally movies, and then maybe in 10 years you'll get to see Wally as Flash." That would not be much more fair to Wally fans than it would be to Barry fans if they just skipped Barry altogether.
Yeah I think the whole "wait 3 films/10 years" isn't fair on either side

I think honestly they should start of with Wally but use Barry as a prominent flashback character or even someone who appears to Wally to the point that he could still be billed as a huge supporting character (kind of like Comedian with Watchmen, but I think Barry's role should be even bigger) and they could do that for 2 films and have Barry return alive in a third film.

One of the biggest opportunities with Wally that I think alot of people miss is that with Wally you can get into a larger range of speedsters/The Flash family with him.
You can't have a faithful Wally film without having Barry, Jay, and Iris being a major supporting characters and if they ever want to introduce sidekicks Bart is available. And then Max Mercury could be used too. And there, in Wally Flash series, are the 4 main Flashes and then some. With Barry we would be lucky to get Wally.

And also: about the Barry character I do want to see Barry in action in the flashbacks

Wonder Woman. The Clash of the Titans, 300, Percy Jackson, Spartacus:B&S comparisons by Blackman mirror my thoughts.

yea this is my issue with characters where multi guys/girls has held the mantle of the character. Which one is the one that has the right to be use on film first and all that. To me like i said it would be best to start with barry, give barry fans the shot of a full flash film with him and then go on with that having the other key supporting characters around too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hawkman is DC's most undervalued potentially explosive character....and DC knows its. They've stuck him in Smallville and now in Supes/Batman along with Shazam. His back story is very cool, the love story is there and if the interest were there a Hawkman movie would be such a great flick. I love how DC has all of a sudden given him attitude and more strength...reminds of a very loved Marvel character with claws who comes from Canada. DC is on the right path with Hawkman and it's awesome to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"