Superman Returns Superman Returns Grosses $30M In Imax

IMAX tickets are NOT double the price, more like 20% more at the most. Where I'm at, a regular ticket costs about $9.50, while the IMAX ticket was $11.50. Glad to see it's still doing well - I've personally seen it twice in IMAX 3-D...........

Milkman95 said:
IMAX tickets are NOT double the price, more like 20% more at the most. Where I'm at, a regular ticket costs about $9.50, while the IMAX ticket was $11.50. Glad to see it's still doing well - I've personally seen it twice in IMAX 3-D...........

Sorry, but that's not true in most markets. It's $15 where I am and $14 in most markets.

Its $9.50 here for an I-Max ticket...$6.00 bucks for a regular..

matthooper said:
Sorry, but that's not true in most markets. It's $15 where I am and $14 in most markets.

It's $15 here too.

I think IMAX tickets are around $15 in the Boston Area while the theaters charge about $9.50-$10.00

Wesyeed said:
star wars is going to probabaly make a ton when it comes out in 3d.

I'm still skeptical about it. Mainly because what they are talking about with Star Wars getting a 3D treatment is not supposed to be IMAX format. I don't understand how lucas and cameron can think that they are going to get thousands of theaters to change their systems. Yes they can pioneer new techniques and such. However, what they are talking about is a complete 3D format. Not IMAX 3D. Hell, theaters are still trying to make the transition over to digital projection.

my IMAX ticket was $15 in Philly, normally their like $8,50 or $9 in a regular theater

Our Imax Theatre is in the Science Center. Only thing that plays there is "The Wonders of the Intestine" or some such crap like that. Sucks.

I never understood the Imax thing, it's just a theater, except the screen is real big and you can see movies in 3D. This record seems meaningless to me, I mean good for the movie and Imax but does it really matter?

BTW: I wouldn't be paying more money to see a movie, 3D or no.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I never understood the Imax thing, it's just a theater, except the screen is real big and you can see movies in 3D. This record seems meaningless to me, I mean good for the movie and Imax but does it really matter?

Thats a pretty major deal for people. And its not just the enormous screen we're talking about its also the sound.

It cannot be compared to watching a film on a normal theater screen and certainly not at home on dvd IMO.

These figures are fantastic because there aren't that many IMAX screens around the world.And if there is one chances are you'll need to travel a bit to get there.

Michael Corleone said:
I'm still skeptical about it. Mainly because what they are talking about with Star Wars getting a 3D treatment is not supposed to be IMAX format. I don't understand how lucas and cameron can think that they are going to get thousands of theaters to change their systems. Yes they can pioneer new techniques and such. However, what they are talking about is a complete 3D format. Not IMAX 3D. Hell, theaters are still trying to make the transition over to digital projection.
Because the 3d process cant be video taped in a theater without lookinmg ****ed up. You can't use the 3D process on any pirated copies. And the DVD release wont be in 3D even the HD. It is another way to make theater chains profitable again and immune from piracy. Even if they do pirate it, it will look so messed up that it will be unwatchable. That is why.

I SEE SPIDEY said:

i thought that the difference between a normal theater and imax is like a normal trailer and HD trailer.

to bad that we dont have imax.

buggs0268 said:
Because the 3d process cant be video taped in a theater without lookinmg ****ed up. You can't use the 3D process on any pirated copies. And the DVD release wont be in 3D even the HD. It is another way to make theater chains profitable again and immune from piracy. Even if they do pirate it, it will look so messed up that it will be unwatchable. That is why.

true.

3D movies are the future.

Some say it's just a passing gimmick, but I doubt that. Kids eat this 3D stuff up. I did when I went to disney world that one time.

I SEE SPIDEY said:

I saw both Superman Returns and the last Harry Potter movie in IMAX.
Believe me , a normal theatre really doesn't compare with IMAX.

Aside from the fact that the screen is far bigger then you're average screen , the image quality is greatly improved.
dark_b gave the perfect example with a normal trailer and a high def trailer.
WIth Imax , the screen is blown up but also the quality of the images are improved quite dramatically. You see details that you would normally never see , VFX become more clearer. That effect was particularly impressive when i saw Harry Potter. The detail during that maze fight was astounding.
Also what makes IMAX better , is that unlike normal cinemes where you usually sit more to the back cause if you sit in the front you can't see the whole screen , IMAX retains the quality of it's images when you sit in the front. You can still see the whole movie.

It's truly an amazing thing. And the 3-D effect is definately something that i would consider to be the future of filmmaking. Like IMAX , where the image quality is greatly enhanced , the 3-D effect enhances the effect even more.
You can see details that you'd normally never see.
The CG cape of SUperman when he pushes the shuttle into space looked very real IMO.

He Matrix Ghost, today is SR's final day at the Pathe Imax after 12 weeks.

Really , dang thag sucks for supes :csad:
Imax was the only theatre that still showed supes.

Oh well, guess Baas in Eigen Bos is gonna draw a bigger crowd * shudder*

Well Bridget Maasland is doing the dutch voiceover and i saw that she's going to sing too so i guess its worth it. lol:woot: I think it will do well in normal theaters but in IMAX? Not so sure. IMAX is ideal for live action in my opnion not animated stuff like Open Season with all due respect to that film.

They really need to start opening more IMAX screens here though. I mean theres only what IMAX in the whole country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"