Superman Returns Superman Returns Trailer discussion (merged with-Will be shown with MI-III)

If you guys are gonna see the big movies you don't care for just to see a trailer like what the Star Wars fans did to Episode I and what Bat fans didi for Batman '89, then thats gonna cost all of you alot of dough t.

So basically, if the trailer were to have been released it would have been a little over an hour ago.

No News.

It takes time for People to get home & to a Computer :o & some could have gone out to Dinner etc

So the Movie Carnival is out. Was this the last day.

I am monitoring the Starland boards, and will post any updates if I find them.

Nah tomorrow is the last day for The Movie Carnival & if anyone asks when the Superman Returns Trailer will be released. Well at this point the answer is

wwwscifisk7hw.jpg

NEVA

I've already told you guys; a full trailer is not coming. Ever.

Dnsk said:
It takes time for People to get home & to a Computer :o & some could have gone out to Dinner etc

What's a computer?

I think we'll get the trailer by the end of the week. Next week that is.
And if we dont....I'll just kill myself...Nah! I want to see the movie...:) :)

Patience people, your starting to get a bit frothy here.

Im sure it's coming soon. Just chill...

You know , its been months and months of constant waiting for a simple second coming of a trailer when other movies already have out 3 or even more. I personnaly am getting very annoyed by this constant repeating of the famous "be patient, im shure its coming". We have been patient, well i have anyway, and look, still nothing. Please hold back from using that line. Makes it almost sound like your one of WB PR people sent here to keep people calm. I have said time and again that the marketing for this is really bad. We get colloring book covers rather than actual trailer. Maybe SR will be a blockbuster at the box-office. But if its not, dont wonder why...

They're trying to make us feel like the people of Metropolis. We wait for Superman's return, but he never comes. We go about our business and learn to live without him. And then one day (I'm guessing May 12th), he comes back and everyone is all "Oh em gee!!!111one".

Orko, well if that is the case, that is truly brilliant marketing! But people have too much faith in WB...

Again, some are failing to understand who the trailer is marketed for, it's for the general public. The WB is losing no fans by releasing the trailer in late April or early May.

The general public has short attention spans and if the trailer was released even a month ago, they would already have POTC2 and X-Men on their minds. The only ones who are getting nervous about the trailer are those on the Hype and Bluetights boards respectively.

But who said they have to release only 1 trailer? Usually studios also attach it to many films in the coming months (after trailer first showing) so i doubt people would forget. Besides, i doubt the film is that forgettable...

That is a very good point, my theory is that they set up the trailer spacing the way it is because they were planning a Superbowl spot but changed the marketing strategy.

Returns is taking a different route, instead of two teasers and a trailer, or one teaser and two trailers, they are going to take the teaser, trailer, and multiple TV Spots route.

You have to remember that Superman isn't as exciting to non-Superman fans as it is to fans of the character. POTC2 is just as exciting to them.

Immortalfire said:
I've already told you guys; a full trailer is not coming. Ever.

Yeah, I mean why would WB need to advertise a film they've invested hundreds of millions into as well as a huge marketting scheme?

:rolleyes:

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Yeah, I mean why would WB need to advertise a film they've invested hundreds of millions into as well as a huge marketting scheme?

:rolleyes:

Well i think he meant we would only have the teaser as a advertising machine. Maybe new tv spots but that could be it :confused:

As a responce to anyone who is like "why are they dragging their feet", well, let's see where we are marketing wise on June 28th.

You may be sick of hearing people asking you to be patient, some of us are sick of people going like...

WHERES MY FREAKING TRAILER. U SUCK WB! SINGER LIED!!!

Seriously, it's not like this movie isn't coming out in a couple weeks. Screw the trailer, you should be waiting to see the damn movie people! The trailer is a 2 minute sampler, you should be craving the whole damn 2 1/2 hour meal! Deal with it. You are not the only one waiting for this. relax and do something other than being here 24/7, because your gonna be sick of it by the time its out if your this hyped 2 months out...

Thats the problem... i for one am not hyped and maybe im not alone, so they need to get the ball rolling a release something other than photoshoped magazine covers...

PS: Chill out, this is the trailer discussion topic. If people all would think the same way, there would be no such discussion going on. In fact there would be no point to a this forum no? Considering my post count an join date you should get a clue for your above comment. Dont tell me it wasn't directed to me, im not a fool you know...

I can't ever remember a movie this big that has had only 1 trailer with only 2 months until release.

What if this is a bad sign. It could be so bad and looks so bad they don't want to show. In the fear that is might kill the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"