Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by zman, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Who would you say is the most famous person alive today? Barack Obama? Justin Bieber? They probably both have look-a-likes, now, do you imagine that when people see these look-a-likes they think "Wow, you look like [insert]" or "Wow, why do you pretend to be a regular person"?

The same thought process would be applied to Clark Kent, he happens to look like Superman.

2. PacificBoy

PacificBoy Well-Known Member

While that's true, Superman is on a whole new level of fame (or infamy). He's humanity's first contact -- and nearly our last. He isn't only the answer to "are we alone in the universe", he's a 42, he's the answer. From the Vatican to China, everyone would want a piece of him. Everyone wants to either befriend or safeguard against him.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. Skrilla31

Skrilla31 Well-Known Member

So let's see.

- Superman's first contact was with Lois Lane.
    - Superman made his debut in the city of metropolis.

Batman - the world's greatest detective - arrives in Metropolis and sees there's a guy who works alongside Lois Lane who just so happens to be the spitting image of Superman... the world's most recognizable figure. Same face, same height, same build.

I bet he'll feel like a real tool when he finally figures it out.

4. zman

zman Well-Known Member

yeah but why would he care to notice who works along side Lois Lane...or any one for that matter? its not like he's going to Metropilis to buy the Daily Planet (which happens at some point in the comics, I know).

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

I kind of hope that Batman automatically knows who Superman is, but says that he won't say it or store the information anywhere. Just kind of build up the idea that Batman can already sympathize with Clark over his need for a regular life, since he mostly sacrificed it to keep his friends and a family safe. Just imply that a man with Batman's skills and training only had to confirm it for himself and may actually be providing cover for him.

Superman finding out who Batman is could be really good if Batman reveals it after Clark infers it.

6. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

Well Superman's first two appearances in public were too big fights. You could make the argument that everything that happened that day was too fast for anyone to get a decent video/picture of Superman's face.

7. Skrilla31

Skrilla31 Well-Known Member

Yea but when it was revealed that Lois would be in the know about Clark, a lot of people were on board with it because they thought it would be kind of silly if a dedicated journalist like Lois couldn't conclude that Clark was Superman.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is like the smartest guy on the planet and the world's greatest detective. So if the thought of Lois not knowing seems dumb, the idea of Batman not knowing seems even dumber.

8. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

But with Lois it makes sense seeing as there was always going to be a scene where Superman flies and saves her and also he is going to have to work together.

While Bruce may meet Clark on multiple occasions he may never get up close to Superman or see him well enough to make the connection.

9. Vaibow

Vaibow Well-Known Member

exactly, plus anyone who walks around a city knows that there are many guys who fit superman's description - they all can't be stopped.

I seriously think that clark in civilian clothes, glasses, low in esteem style stance will blend him in - plus it also depends how the daily planet and lois play up on the fact she met him - she could do an article and lie and say he is well over 6ft, almost god like in appearance which won't be too far from the truth, just need to hype him up to be almost god like

10. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't know how Batman couldn't figure out Clark is Superman given how easy he made it in MOS.

11. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

Well, Goyer said that he and Snyder are going to have to go through some "mental gymnastics" to come up with an explanation for that. Should be interesting to say the least.

12. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Probably just be lazy about it and act like those parts of MOS never happened...

13. Andreth

Andreth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

Bruce would probably figure out Superman's identity first.

15. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

I'm just picturing a scene like this:

Clark: "Hey Lois! (Glares) ...Bruce."

Bruce: "Hey, farmer John. Hey, Lois, we've got five minutes to get to the gala, and I've got three bottles of wine to get through in the limo, and I just love to share!"

Lois: "Just a second. Ron Troupe's sent me PDF on some new virus on the web. It keeps distorting images of Superman and apparently it keeps rewriting Woodburn's blog..."

Clark: (Glares at Bruce) "Really? That weird."

Bruce: "Whoah. We've got the same problem in Gotham. Except it keeps messing up police reports on the Bat guy. (Cheshire grin) Maybe the Boy Scout owes old' Tall, Dark, and Scary. Wonder if Superman's good for it?"

Beat.

Bruce: "Well, times a wastin'. Catch you later...flyboy."

16. kalhawj

kalhawj Well-Known Member

I hope they show a flash back of this event in the movie... would be cool to see Batman's reaction to this...

17. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

bruce should discover it early. supes when he first comes into contact with batman. "you peeked."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  18. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Which is pretty much what Happened in the "World's Finest" animated feature. Supes used his X-ray vision, Bats used his street smarts. (and a tracker).

19. bluearth

bluearth Well-Known Member

It would be hilarious if they got that childish in the film :woot:

20. InJustice

InJustice Well-Known Member

Glasses are going to outsmart Bruce Wayne? pffffffffftttt. :o

I hope Clark Kent uses X-Ray Vision to see what's underneath Batman's cowl, and his shock when he realizes Gotham's billionaire is a vigilante.

21. Pondslider

Pondslider Well-Known Member

If Batman is the world's greatest detective then he should already know the first time they meet.

22. tomoe

tomoe Well-Known Member

And they are sooo good at mental gymnastics.

23. VM1138

VM1138 Well-Known Member

The idea of X-ray vision and a tracker seems kind of lame. I'd rather Bruce use some detective work and find out early. Then, someone else can be trying to uncover Superman and be having a hard time just to show how brilliant Bruce is.

I'd rather have Batman reveal himself to Superman later to show trust has been established. And then maybe Superman can respond with "I knew all along" or something and leave us wondering how.

24. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Exactly.