Swearing customers, do you have any problem with it?

A man walked into our store a few minutes ago and our conversation went as followed.

Customer-''Can I have a box of matches?''

Me-''Here you go, that's 50c.''

Customer-''50c?''

Me-''Yeah''

Customer-''****...Jesus, I could get a lighter across the road for cheaper, ****ing hell''

My question to you is, do you have a problem with customers who swear? I don't mind people swearing, but I do find it kinda rude when someone is letting off f-bombs while your serving them.

I swear as much as the next guy, but I would never starting swearing about something at a person who is serving me.

This happens pretty routinely where I work. I've actually asked people to watch their language. Not because I was offended, but because I think of it as an underhanded way of telling them to **** off.

I was once a swearing customer. I was in a Blockbuster and the dude behind the counter was being less than helpful. Finally, after he gave me his blow off response, I said, "Yeah, yeah. F*** you, too," and left. The next thing I know, I'm in my truck and this guys banging on my windows wanting to fight.

And now Blockbuster is almost no more. Guess you won in the end lol.

I once had a customer complain about a group of nearby teens that were swearing. She was mad that I didnt do anything about it. They were also customers and I cant shush or reprimand a customer. It was an immovable object vs an unstoppable force. :csad:

A man walked into our store a few minutes ago and our conversation went as followed.

Customer-''Can I have a box of matches?''

Me-''Here you go, that's 50c.''

Customer-''50c?''

Me-''Yeah''

Customer-''****...Jesus, I could get a lighter across the road for cheaper, ****ing hell''

My question to you is, do you have a problem with customers who swear? I don't mind people swearing, but I do find it kinda rude when someone is letting off f-bombs while your serving them.

I swear as much as the next guy, but I would never starting swearing about something at a person who is serving me.

This happens to me a lot and I usually just repeat the price or tell them to go to said place.

Heck, I hear swearing in Executive meetings where I work. The second day I was here, I heard f*** more times than I do at the bar!

It feels like home...:word:

He swore over 50 cents? What a cheap bastard. I've only sworn at a taxi driver for trying to rip me off and I think at an American Airlines counter when the woman wouldn't let me board my plane because I missed the 30 minute cut-off (which was due to me waiting on their poorly managed line for over an hour so I think that was warranted).

You can't really do anything regarding a customer unless they become physical. They can swear around families and kids all they want, but you're kind of powerless unless you just decide to get all heroic. Could be repercussions, but hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"