Take a break from big scary politics and visit New Zealand ( politics)

Still in lockdown. Until at least next Wednesday. Will wait and see. 51 cases so far nationally, of the Delta variant.

I don't think there's any doubt that the tactics used in your country should serve as a model for the rest of us. They may not have worked as well in the US, for example, but if we had implemented reasonable, science based measures, there wouldn't be over 600,000 dead.

I don't think there's any doubt that the tactics used in your country should serve as a model for the rest of us. They may not have worked as well in the US, for example, but if we had implemented reasonable, science based measures, there wouldn't be over 600,000 dead.

What's funny is hearing Youtubers like Young Rippa calling us a "police state".

Honestly, I don't know what would have worked in America. You seem to have a lot of issues over there that aren't as big an issue here - we still have them but, not to the same degree.

Short Lockdowns worked well for us, but we have some factors in our cultural and geographic make up that made them effective.

Whatever happens I hope things improve in the USA. I can't believe the pushback against the vaccine - I mean America eliminated polio and smallpox through vaccines !

Anyway, stay safe mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"