Talia al Ghul

Abishai100

Civilian
Reaction score
The DC Comics anti-heroine, Talia al Ghul, daughter of Ra's al Ghul and sometime partner of Batman and mother of their only son Damian Wayne (a future Robin!), is a very offbeat and intriguing comic book avatar. She's neither dark nor vigilant, neither civil nor chaotic. This makes her a great candidate for dogma-inventive stories, no?

Enjoy (and Happy New Year),

====

Talia al Ghul came out of the shadows of her eco-terrorist and underworld nemesis Ra's al Ghul, leader of both Leviathan and the League of Shadows. Talia'd always been wary of her father's involvement with the Occult regeneration waters known as the Lazarus Pit, said to afford a dead person immortality, a mystical energy Ra's used in his motivation to create terrorism in modern-day Gotham City. Talia wanted her own life away from her father Ra's al Ghul and drifted towards the mysterious and valiant masked Gotham vigilante known as Batman, a freakish hero who dressed up like a winged masked bat-man!

talia1.jpg

Talia knew Batman must be someone of real social importance in regular life in Gotham, a socialite who doubled as a covert vigilante by night. She suspected Batman was actually the esoteric Esquire magazine publisher Bruce Wayne who was known for advocating strange tactics for the championing of democratic values in the world of fashion and capitalism, going so far as to dress up in lavish pseudo-heroic head-gear and fancy engagement suits to make his strong claims about active vigilance life in America arguably valued by today's yuppies.

Batman.jpg

Talia decided to follow around Bruce in her newly embraced Eastern Indian women's fashions. She claimed she was interested in the advocacy of religious pluralism and multiculturalism in fashion and capitalism and Bruce's support, along with the support of Esquire itself. Talia donned very expensive Eastern fashions and began showing up at Bruce's expensive sponsored society parties in Gotham City.

sk1.jpg

BRUCE/BATMAN: "Gotham is a hell-mouth, and no one knows I'm Batman, not just a social dancer."

talia2.jpg

Meanwhile, Gotham was dealing with a new leviathan of its own, a masked deadly gang of bank robbers known as Red Hood, creating waves of capitalism finance turbulence related to the displacement of assets controlled by wealthy investors in the city, forcing journalists to talk about a new periodic shift in cell commerce through labor sectors. Red Hood Gang wanted bank robbery to be a signpost for homegrown terrorism, and Bruce Wayne decided to publish critical cartoons about the threat to pedestrian commerce and then doubled as the masked vigilante Batman, stalking the Red Hood through means of underground war.

talia5.jpg

Talia's son Damian decided to create a series of child-like doodles of Batman engaged in some kind of crime-fighting courtship with his sentimental mother Talia. These doodles were seen by Bruce Wayne at an Esquire party in Gotham and then published in the magazine in a feature about the role youngsters played in the modern city regarding the dialogue about civics imagination. Bruce called Damian's doodles a signpost for a mobilization for the imagination and education of Gotham's children who'd serve as tomorrow's customs critics.

talia3.jpg

Ironically, these doodles of Damian in Esquire prompted serious celebrity events in Gotham, involving high-profile superstars who're dressing up in symbolic fare, as priestesses, librarians, and fairies to address the idea that adults, like children, could address the metaphysical idea that customs in the modern city could be revolutionized through modest forms of imagination adjustment. Was masquerade a form of diarism in Gotham City? These celebrity costume social work themed parties for Esquire, hosted by Bruce, were admired by Talia from afar.

talia4.jpg

TALIA: I love you!
BRUCE: You love Batman, Talia.
TALIA: How'd you know, Bruce Wayne?
BRUCE: You're hypnotized by underworld intrigue, Talia.
TALIA: I love you!
BRUCE: Trust me, you love Batman, Talia.
TALIA: Why're you so cruel to me, Bruce Wayne?
BRUCE: I can't advocate rogue forms of social work in Gotham.
TALIA: So what I do is rogue to you, Bruce?
BRUCE: You prefer underworld masquerade, the type used by Batman!
TALIA: What if you're Batman, Bruce?
BRUCE: You'd never know.
TALIA: You can be so cruel, like all the other men in this dark city.
BRUCE: I'm more in love with your son's comic book drawings.
TALIA: Why don't you spend more time with Damian and groom him for Esquire?
BRUCE: That's what you want?
TALIA: I want someone to love me...and my son.
BRUCE: I know.
TALIA: Why'd you think I love Batman?
BRUCE: You want someone interesting, not a mainstream socialite.
TALIA: Why'd you assume that?
BRUCE: You remind me of Ra's al Ghul.
TALIA: I'm nothing like Ra's.
BRUCE: I don't find Ra's ugly or anything.
TALIA: When you find your sensitive side, you'll see my face!
BRUCE: I do find you...thoughtful.
TALIA: Maybe Batman will love me...if I discover he is you.
BRUCE: Maybe.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"